Author Topic: Sugar Skulls in a Holiday?  (Read 9273 times)

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
Sugar Skulls in a Holiday?
« on: November 02, 2018, 03:26:39 PM »
Are the sugar skulls available in a holiday or anything? I have found the decorative eggs with the Egg Hunt holiday option but nothing for sugar skulls or magic beans. Does anyone know if it's possible at all to find these things in game anymore without cheats?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sugar Skulls in a Holiday?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 11:18:13 PM »
You can buy sugar skulls from the vendors in the jungle. Only a few types though so I don't think it would be possible to complete the collection.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 02:39:55 PM »
I can leave sugar skull offerings at graves on my lot and have a Day of the Dead celebrator come round BUT this is a very long running save that was active during the original Day of the Dead activities so this may not hold true of a newer game.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 03:31:53 PM »
Magic beans come in rare seed packets, you need level 10 gardening to buy them and it's very random if you will get them

My game wasn't active during day if the dead and it works for me too so you should be able to get them
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 03:56:29 PM »
Huh, I didn't know that about the Day of the Dead skulls! *takes notes for the current tournament challenge

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 04:31:12 AM »
When I bought Jungle Adventures this year I had my Sim but a sugar skull from the vendor in Selvadorada. When she returned home she presented it as an offering on a tombstone (I had fun killing off Eliza Pancakes to get that tombstone hehe). A few Day of the Dead celebrators appeared and I was able to quite a few different sugar skulls that way.  :D So I believe it is possible to complete the collection that way.

Now whether it is still possible to do this remains to be seen .... somebody should test this ...  ;)

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 01:54:31 PM »
If you are willing to use a script mod you can enable back most events with a small, 6 lines script mod. The following script enables the Day of the Dead challenge:

Code: [Select]
import server.online_tests
from event_testing.results import TestResult

def add_live_event(self):
    if (self.event_id == 'fallchallenge'): return TestResult.TRUE
    return TestResult.NONE
server.online_tests.IsLiveEventActive.__call__ = add_live_event

To use it, create inside your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder a new folder named unzippedScripts. Inside that new folder create another one named Scripts. Create a text file inside the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\unzippedScripts\Scripts folder, paste the above content, and save it with a .py extension (you might need to enable the showing of file extensions on Explorer in order to change the extension). Don't forget to enable script mods inside the game. If you did everything right it will enable the Day of the Dead event (while disabling whichever other event might be running), though the NPC that will give you the event will still be Millie Bobby Brown instead of Jasmine Holiday due to a bug introduced in the 1.47.51 patch.

To undo the change, either delete the file or change its extension to something else.

'fallchallenge' can be changed to the internal name of any event in order to enable it. The events I'm aware of are:

'springchallenge': Plant Sim challenge.
'fallchallenge': Day of the Dead.
'positivechallenge': Positivity Challenge
'gardboost': the Triple Boost Week
'doublexpweekend', 'doublespmotive', 'doublerel': All the different double boosts, self-explanatory names.

You can't re-enable the Egg Hunt event this way, as it was removed from the game and added back in Seasons as a holiday, albeit one you need to add yourself. The Growfruit event was also removed, but I'm not aware of it being added back in any shape or way.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.