Author Topic: I Love You! What's Your Name Again?  (Read 29611 times)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: I Love You! What's Your Name Again?
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2015, 08:19:32 AM »
@Tixxis I love the way you write.  I can imagine it as I read along.

I learned some things from your explanation, too.  I hadn't tried offer rose as a way to get the romance bar moving, so it's nice to learn that works like bold pickup line does.  It was hard to use the bold pickup line since Larry was flirty +4 most of the time.  I also hadn't realized that joining the author career makes Sims write twice as fast.  It still seems like it would be hard to fit in a lot of writing, with all the romancing going on.  Good time management!

Larry also used lamps a lot.  I tend to do that with all my Sims, and also take the roofs off any indoor rooms, so it counts as outdoors.

Did Dee ever get caught?

Edit:  You can age up Sims not in your control by having a cake with candles, and selecting the "Age up" option from the cake.  That will bring up a menu of Sims currently eligible to age up on the lot.  A child or teen won't be eligible to age up during school hours.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2015, 08:21:06 AM »
Just laughing so much from picturing her stealthy dates  ;D

Thank you. It was utterly nerve wracking at times. I'm so glad this challenge is over. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2015, 08:57:09 AM »
I love the way you write, Tixxis.  I can imagine it as I read along.

I learned some things from your explanation, too.  I hadn't tried offer rose as a way to get the romance bar moving, so it's nice to learn that works like bold pickup line does.  It was hard to use the bold pickup line since Larry was flirty +4 most of the time.  I also hadn't realized that joining the author career makes Sims write twice as fast.  It still seems like it would be hard to fit in a lot of writing, with all the romancing going on.  Good time management!

Larry also used lamps a lot.  I tend to do that with all my Sims, and also take the roofs off any indoor rooms, so it counts as outdoors.

Did Dee ever get caught?

Edit:  You can age up Sims not in your control by having a cake with candles, and selecting the "Age up" option from the cake.  That will bring up a menu of Sims currently eligible to age up on the lot.  A child or teen won't be eligible to age up during school hours.

Thank you, ClayMask.
I'm so glad to know about ageing up outsider Sims. It's something I wanted for a long time, but I couldn't work it out.

Offering a rose or kissing hands are both good to kindle romantic interest. I prefer the rose. From a visual point of view, it is less disconcerting when rejected.
Yes, the bold pick-up line works only when confidence can dominate the mood. It worked very well for Dee in the beginning when she could still get in that mood from memory recall or writing bestsellers. Once she was dating heavily, it would have taken her several cold showers to get in that frame of mind. It was much better to use the rose then.

In my test file Dee got caught several times. It is not really catastrophic. The romance bar will take a hit, but if your Sim stops all romantic activity at once, the relationship won't suffer further. I learned from that test file, so it didn't happen in the official file.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2015, 12:47:21 PM »
Awesome job, Claymask!

I love the Leisure Suit Larry reference! I wish I thought of that one!

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2015, 01:06:28 PM »
Awesome job, Claymask!

I love the Leisure Suit Larry reference! I wish I thought of that one!

What kinds of strategies did other people use for this challenge?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2015, 11:03:53 PM »
Social challenges, in the Sims, are not my favorite kind.  I tend to actually stay away from at least the Popularity Aspirations for that reason XD so this one was a tough one for me.  Like ClayMask, it took me a couple of days to actually do this one.  The other thing that bothered me was just the fact that Tony kept throwing up whims to marry the first two women he chose.  So I kept feeling bad when I cancelled the interaction XD

Now, I actually kept him with only women, mostly because I tried to give myself something fun to do with this challenge and that was to have him try for baby with each of his women.  But the first day, I had him go to the park and most of the community lots, just meeting as many women as he could so I could record them and so they were available in his relationship panel to be called up when it was there turn.  It didn't matter if they were married or not, either.  He wooed anything female.  I think the one area I went wrong on is that i spent too much time with each woman.  That and I really should have had him woo both genders. 

Though one thing that helped where I didn't have to worry about having to do call-backs was getting them up to soulmates as much as possible.  So even when they decayed, they didn't go below lovebirds.

Heh, as a note, Tony had 32 children with his 20 different women.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2015, 03:06:10 AM »
@Shewolf13 Thanks for sharing what you did.  Sounds like you did the hard mode of this challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2015, 12:07:57 PM »
@ClayMask yeah, I really did XD I have to congratulate you on your score. I can't even imagine having that many.  I was having a hard time as it was, so I give you and everyone else all the credit in the world.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2015, 06:48:35 PM »

Larry offering a rose

;D ;D I recognize that guy! I have never played any of the Leisure Suit Larry games in my youth but I was a big Sierra adventure game fan back then and DID know who he was. I am so amazed that you got the character to look just like the game character 100%. It was awesome to see a character from a game series I knew about - again, I did not play it because even though I am a guy I am not a pervert ;) - win this challenge.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2015, 06:56:22 PM »
;D ;D I recognize that guy! I have never played any of the Leisure Suit Larry games in my youth but I was a big Sierra adventure game fan back then and DID know who he was. I am so amazed that you got the character to look just like the game character 100%. It was awesome to see a character from a game series I knew about - again, I did not play it because even though I am a guy I am not a pervert ;) - win this challenge.
It makes me very happy you think he looks like the other Larry  :)  I enjoyed the Sierra games a lot too, and even played some of the Leisure Suit Larry ones.