Author Topic: The St. James Immortal Dynasty (stats) Completed June 15!  (Read 10068 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The St. James Immortal Dynasty (stats) Completed June 15!
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2019, 08:14:16 PM »
Congratulations reggikko. I received your PM and I have included you into the HoF. I will also move this to the completed Stories also. Well done.

Shannon

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2019, 08:52:45 AM »

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2019, 09:41:48 AM »
Congratulations, reggiko! What a lovely family -- and I like the men's tuxedos.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2019, 08:29:11 AM »
Congrats @reggikko Loved to follow your small updates.
You have inspired me to give dynasties/legacies a try again, I always die on my story writing.
I think I will go simple too and just enjoy the play.

Was so lovely to see the different genes you got in there :D

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2019, 11:15:11 AM »
Thank you @MarianT  and @LenaLJ.

Lena, deciding not to try to write a story was the best move for me. I finished the whole dynasty in about 8 weeks. I'm going to try to expand on the updates for my next dynasty, but still not write a full story with dozens of screenshots. I've started a Rival Dynasty next because I want to wait for updates to the Sim Tech and Life States Dynasties after Island Living and Realm of Magic. My eventual goal is to complete them all. I am also looking forward to seeing what the next Dynasty will be!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2019, 02:08:38 PM »
Woo congratulations!!!!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2019, 03:22:03 PM »
Congratulations on completing this wonderful Immortal Dynasty, my friend.
What a gorgeous bunch of sims! Thank you for your detailed stats which I enjoyed poring through and considering.

I always learn so much from your gameplay as well, so thanks for being such an inspiration. Um, and a temptress...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2019, 05:51:23 PM »
I've been playing a couple on the Cliff Side Crest in Strangerville the past two days, but I keep coming back to appreciate your lovely two-story yellow dynasty house with its adjoining smaller room.
I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions....

Q1: I love your yellow house with its blue shutters! How did you build as you progressed through your dynasty?
       Did you start from the area around where the front door is, then gradually expand your house both horizontally and vertically?
       Or, did you at some point bulldoze the house and start anew?

Q2: Considering you chose a 40x30 lot for your dynasty, your lot doesn't seem crowded/cramped at all.
       What is your secret? Do you have a basement? Or are you a neat minimalist IRL?

Q3: May I assume that the smaller one-story building is the greenhouse?
       Did you decide which plants to keep in the greenhouse (or move to family inventory) depending on each generation's needs?
       I ask because it seems that grafting is no longer a viable option--did you go the no-grafting route while growing only a select few plants?
       (Or is the greenhouse longer than it looks?)

I am playing an aimless game on a 30x20 lot but feeling the space crunch and wondering how you did it!
Sorry for all the questions. I hope I'm not being completely annoying (somewhat annoying, I'm sure, but not completely....)!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2019, 07:24:04 PM »
Thanks! I started out with a basic box and eventually added a second story for the museum and some extra space. Downstairs is three bedrooms (current and next heir, plus a baby/toddler/child room), a living room, eat-in kitchen, and two bathrooms. Upstairs has two additional bedrooms with single beds for most of the elders, a yoga area, and the museum. The house is roomy, but not too big. I am always concerned with lag when playing so many Sims over so many generations, so I tend to keep the house pretty simple.

There is a basement where I stored potions of youth, plates of ambrosia, and the columns, mascots, and violins for the Mansion Baron aspiration.

The greenhouse is pretty large. I eventually just gave up on grafting. I think I spent around 30K to get a death flower in a rare seed packet. The entire greenhouse was dragonfruit and orchids by the end, since those are the biggest money makers. A Sim could move in, harvest the greenhouse and money trees twice, and complete Fabulously Wealthy.

I prefer playing on small lots and my houses tend to be pretty compact and simple. I like to see what I’m doing and to be able to see all Sims with minimal camera movement. This lot was kind of a tight sqeeze outside, but I shifted things in and out of household inventory when I needed to. For example, I would replace the ball pit thingy with swings and monkey bars and then switch back when I had a toddler again. Except for one generation having twins, I only ever had one baby/toddler/child at a time in the house. It wasn’t always the most aesthetic lot because that stuff just wound up on the front lawn, but it worked well enough.

Back to grafting. In a practice run I was able to graft a death flower. I guess I might have eventually gotten one this time, but I decided to just keep buying rare seed packs since the family had more money than they could ever spend.

LOL at me being a super neat minimalist. Don’t I wish!

Let me know if you want me to upload the house so you can see the layout for yourself. It is absolutely nothing special or fancy, though!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2019, 08:20:45 PM »
I really appreciate your responding to my many and various inquiries!
It is quite difficult for me to expand a house--I usually let my sims live in the yard until they've accumulated around 50K, lol!
Two nights ago, I discovered many starter homes ($16K and less) that are minimally furnished (kitchen + 1 bthroom) with 3-4 bedrooms.
You know I'll be trying to build some starters like that in the near future!

Aha, so there was a basement used solely for inaccessible storage!

Wow, that's amazing about harvesting your greenhouse plants or the Fab Wealthy aspiration!
I've never gone the single-crop/two-crop route--not sure why since most of the plants aren't needed for cooking except for herbalism & flower arranging, I guess.

Hoping you'll be uploading your house so I can look forward to walking through it!
For a multi-gen home, practicality and movement ease absolutely trumps a "special or fancy" layout! 

anything