Author Topic: Tri-State Super Parent Challenge  (Read 8700 times)

Online GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Tri-State Super Parent Challenge
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2017, 10:47:38 AM »
Like you, @christinal3106, I did a lot of practicing on this - almost too much as real life got very busy for me and I had to lock myself away on Sunday to finish.  But I was on a completely different track regarding the homework - thank you for sharing that tip - I never would have thought of that.  I focused on getting that requirement met by helping other kids with homework - Since there was no rule against adding to the household, I got my sim pregnant immediately and then moved them in with the Villareals - I picked them because I love that house, because it's easy to get a lot of Mansion Baron Satisfaction points there, and because of the 3 kids.  My sims could help Luna, Hugo and Max with homework prior to being at that step of the aspiration, and when they got to that step, the previous homework help counted.  It basically let me complete that requirement before my sim babies were born.

I used the Ley Line lot trait, kid's radio, kid's tv, fertility massage and Fertility reward to try to get multiple births, but ultimately I do agree that multiple kids wasn't all that critical, although I did find that the traits didn't always give both twins the same head-start on a value, and sometimes, even with everything else the same, one kid learned faster than the other.  I also used clubs with Rally the Troops and the Parenting Boost.  I used Comradery Boost as well - in my testing my sims learned Parenting faster when Very Happy than when Very Anything-else.  I had reading as one of the club activities, so the only things happening in the house were either specific to the Parenting aspiration, and reading.  Oh, and Hugo baked 3 cakes because someone always sneaks off and eats a slice from at least one and then you don't have a cake ready for candles when you need it!

I changed Jacques aspiration to Super Parent and had him achieve that before my sim's babes were born.  Max achieved 3 traits, completing Super Parent for Jacques.  My sims were at Level 10 Parenting before the births.  I limited labor by clicking on the bassinet and then on "Have Baby" as soon as my sim went into labor.  Then I used the Super Efficient Baby Care action to fill needs, aged them to toddlers and then immediately to children.  I gave them the Neat trait to boost Manners, added them to the club, rallied the troops, and locked the kids, the parents and Jacques in a room.  Keeping Super-Parent Jacques nearby gave quicker gains to the kids.  Once it was clear which child was going to get the Manners and Conflict Resolution sooner, I stopped teaching the other and let the parent who wasn’t teaching focus on getting into Full Parent mode using interactions with the other child and with Luna and Hugo.  When Manners and Conflict Resolution were complete, I aged the child to a teen, giving the Perfectionist trait to boost Responsibility, and then had him/her work on a School project while being encouraged by a parent with Jacques playing games on the computer nearby.  By the time Responsibility was high enough, aging him/her up with 3 character values was the only thing left for the Super Parent Aspiration for both parents.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2017, 11:06:18 AM »
Congratulations on winning GlazeyLady 8).

Great strategies GlazeyLady and christinal3106!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2017, 11:16:15 AM »
Wow great strategies @GlazeyLady and @christinal3106 :) Never thought about that homework thing or moving the sims to a house of NPC's.

Congratulations on winning @GlazeyLady

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2017, 12:32:33 PM »
Congratulations, @GlazeyLady!

My only contribution to the question of how to get 4 hours helping with schoolwork is that working on a child's project counts for that. Curious to see the other strategies.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2017, 02:34:23 PM »
@MarianT Working on a school project does not help with the 4 hours of homework.  That is something I checked as well.  I also didn't think of moving in with other people.  That is something I have to keep in mind for the future if it is allowed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2017, 02:40:06 PM »
@MarianT Working on a school project does not help with the 4 hours of homework.  That is something I checked as well.  I also didn't think of moving in with other people.  That is something I have to keep in mind for the future if it is allowed.

That's odd -- it worked for me. Maybe it did because I had the parents work on the project after they helped with homework.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2017, 03:00:59 PM »
Hmmm.. yeah that is interesting.  I might make a game to look into that.  Ok, so I did just go see, and it did in fact count for it.  I don't know maybe I didn't give it the hour.  @MarianT

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2017, 03:18:10 PM »

That's odd -- it worked for me. Maybe it did because I had the parents work on the project after they helped with homework.
Working on school projects helped with my sims hours helping with homework, too.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2017, 03:47:19 PM »
Wow, I didn't know that there is a club perk that boosts parenting skill.  Good to know for my next dynasty attempt. :o
Cynthia