Author Topic: Game won't run after installing Showtime/Patching to 1.33  (Read 4268 times)

Sarah_n07

Game won't run after installing Showtime/Patching to 1.33
« on: April 12, 2012, 10:33:59 AM »
I recently bought Showtime and Master Suite and decided to do a compelete re-installation before I installed them. After installing Pets, I updated the game to 1.33. But it wouldn't run anymore!
So I thought I'd install master suite and try agin, but still no luck. It kept saying I had to insert the disc, and it was already inserted!
After installing showtime, it wouldn't give those errors anymore. Indeed it wouldn't run at all! And there was a new error:
"Unable to start setup. Please see the log for more details."

I then looked through the Showtime folder in Electronic Arts, program files. There were no cache or data or any other files except for a few Packages and support folders. (Is it supposed to be so?)
I got totally frustrated and I uninstalled both of them. And even after that, there was a new error that popped up right after I clicked "play" button in laucher which I can't remember, exiting the game ( bypassing the launcher did not work ). All my installed store content were gone, and there was a weird file named cas file or something similar in downloads , sized at 0 Kbs.
I uninstalled the whole thing and went through the installation again, it didn't work. I just don't want to do it again and hope that it would somehow fix itself.
Does anyone know what is causing this, or if there's a fix?
( I don't have any mods, or CC )

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
Re: Game won't run after installing Showtime/Patching to 1.33
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 02:45:46 PM »
Have you tried uninstalling only the base game (do not touch the expansion/stuff packs) and updating it to 1.33 the safe way? I would also suggest reinstalling and updating Origin. Please report back if after doing this you are still having problems with the game.

Oh, and which disk did you insert? Master Suite's or Showtime's? You should have inserted Showtime's, as that is the most recently released add-on.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 04:51:33 AM »
Hi Sarah.

After all of that mess, I'd recommend that you uninstall and re-install the entire game, instead of trying to piece together a solution.  If you decide to do this, please be sure to take a look at our Technical Help board for instructions on how to back up your game, how to manually uninstall if it doesn't work through Control Panel, how to re-install, and the order in which the games need to be installed.  You will be prompted for updates with each expansion and stuff pack that you install.

Please do let us know how it all works out for you.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Sarah_n07

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 09:33:41 AM »
Thank you so much for your help, Pam and wednesday!
I re-installed all of the expansion and stuff packs and updated Origin, and somehow managed to fix the "No Disc" error and install master suite, but the problem with showtime is still there.
The same error ( unable to start setup ) pops up each time I try to run the game after installing. I decided not to install it until I find a solution.

( Well, at least I get to play my game a few times after so much, I guess! :P )

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 11:25:55 AM »
That's weird. I suggest you have a look at this thread at the official forums. I think that something has gone wrong with the registry entries for the game after all these reinstallations.

Offline Yarakisagoa

• Idol or Idiot?
  • Townie
  • Impossible stands for I'm possible...
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 12:54:23 PM »
here's a solution from EA Forums member:

I had the same exact problem today after trying to download Ambitions. But I got everything to work. This is exacty what I did:

I uninstalled everything (base game, then ambitions, )... and reinstalled the base game and updated the patch to the 1.6 version.
I then downloaded Ambitions, and downloaded the EADM from here: http://na.akamai.cdn.ea.com/eamaster/u/f/eaonline/eadm/eadm-installer.exe

After that, I tried the launcher again, and voila!

Good Luck!
"When I was a young man. I Had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it.... I know I would have enough time to do everything, now I worry I do not have any time to do anything"
-Ezio Auditore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTtIIW1WA0

JevaAfdie

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 01:01:16 PM »
Hey sory I just got same problem, I've been searching everything but everybody say I have to re-install my sims. I think that because the patch your update isn't compatible with mod.. are you used mod?  so I just doing this..
I use XP..
I move my mod folder and resource.cfg in
C: Program File/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3
to
My Document/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3
And its work without I re-install it...
Sory for my bad english and if this repost....
Thanks...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.