Author Topic: Flea bath option not appearing  (Read 10869 times)

wanderingivie

Flea bath option not appearing
« on: April 14, 2012, 02:10:15 PM »
My dog has fleas and, has the wish to have a flea bath and my sim has the wish to give her a flea bath, but the option is not showing up. I've already successfully given my cat a flea bath. I've tried having the bathtub in the yard, near no other objects, but the option still isn't there. My dog is a large dog, so I can't pick her up and see if the option shows up. Neither of my pets have enough aspiration points for the hygeinator. Anyone know what's going on?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Flea bath option not appearing
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 02:12:25 PM »
I would try shutting down the game and then restarting it to see if that brings up the option for you.  Did you try with different bathtubs?  I would also try resetSim on the dog if restarting the game doesn't help.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

wanderingivie

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »
Restarting the game had no change, but I cheated the hygeinator in and that solved the fleas. Still, has anyone had similar issues, or know how to resolve it without cheating?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »
Having fleas doesn't actually hurt the animals.  When I couldn't afford the hygienator, I just let the cat have fleas until the moodlet ran out. 

I would still try ResetSim on the dog and possibly even cleaning your cache files mentioned in this thread.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

wanderingivie

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 04:07:15 PM »
Will do, thanks!

Chuckles_82

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 11:18:28 PM »
Sometimes the option doesn't show up if you click the bath instead of the pet. Have you tried both? Also, if they don't have a high enough relationship, each time you try, you'll just get a positive social interaction, but nothing happens. A good way to quickly build up relationship...

anything