Author Topic: Deformed Cat when editing coat  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
Deformed Cat when editing coat
« on: April 18, 2012, 07:51:44 PM »
Hello all;

So there's lots of stuff about deformed pets, but I couldn't find something specific.

I just got pets.  (Yeay!)  and adopted a cat for my Dynasty family.  This all seems perfectly fine, except I cannot edit the cats coat/collar.  When Create-A-Pet opens, the cat is deformed. 

But otherwise, it displays normally.  Weird. . . .

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Deformed Cat when editing coat
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 08:04:24 PM »
This seems like a silly question to me but I want to double check.   You're talking about an adult cat not a kitten correct?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 08:07:22 PM »
Yes, it's an adult. 

Then again, my computer crashed (went to Blue Screen of Death) shortly after.  Maybe that's got something to do with it?

I'm reloading as I type, but my last save is before they have the cat.  I'll see what happens this time.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 08:10:05 PM »
That could be part of it.  Don't forget to maybe clear some cache files while you're at it.  Let us know if it happens again.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 08:44:50 PM »
Hmm.

So the cat is still deformed when I go to change his coat.  He was fine for a few moments, but when I went into advanced mode, he deformed.

Also, when I've got the cat selected, his head is all deformed too.  But he's displaying fine otherwise.

Weird. . .

I'll play with my graphic settings; I seem to remember that Sim Detail can play a role in this.  Right now it's on high.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 09:44:22 PM »
Ok, so after playing around with my graphics settings;

the Cat is fine in-game.  On the loading screen, or in Create-A-Pet, it is deformed, as well as having its head deformed when it is the active sim.

I can live with that, it's just annoying.   Functionally, it just means that I can't change the coat colours.

However, if I get daring, I'll do a complete uninstall/reinstall tomorrow; since I did install Pets over a game that's patched to 1.33, so that could be the source of my problem.

Edit: After scouring the internet, I feel like an -idiot-.  I have a mod that may be the source of the problem  (it's the one that has the toddlers standing in CAS).  This is what I get for installing/playing while tired.  Wow.   So I'll see if a mod is the culprit.  :-[

Edit #2 Yep.  I just did a test run without anything installed, and it works fine. *sigh* I got over-excited, thinking that since all my mods were patched up and everything ran fine. . .  .  It's my own stupid fault.  Now to make sure it's just the one mod in question.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 11:28:08 PM »
What Graphics card do you have? I hate to be the barrier of bad news, but your graphics card is most likely not supported. That's the real culprit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 08:13:21 AM »
What Graphics card do you have? I hate to be the barrier of bad news, but your graphics card is most likely not supported. That's the real culprit.

That's what I was afraid of, at first, but I found the culprit.  It was an offending mod that I'd forgotten to take out of my mods folder. 

So, you're not the bearer of bad news, I'm just an idiot; and didn't clear out all my mods before I tried running Pets.  :-[

anything