Author Topic: Rules: College Daze Rules -- Revised July 11  (Read 10741 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Rules: College Daze Rules -- Revised July 11
« on: April 19, 2012, 03:58:18 PM »
COLLEGE DAZE

If you miss the Sims 2 University, this project is for you. It lacks the evil cow, but you can’t have everything. The rules below assume that you have all the EPs, but you can modify it for the base game by substituting different skills for the ones you don't have. Life span should be set on long, story progression should be on and sims should have full autonomy.

1.   Create a young adult in CAS. This will be your house parent. You can give this Sim any traits and lifetime wish you like, but he or she will get a job in education.

2.   Create 7 teens. Their traits must be randomized.

3.   Move them onto a large empty lot (50x50 or larger). Use the familyfunds cheat to get 100,000 Simoleons.

4.   Build a dormitory and classrooms. The dormitory should include 4 bunkbeds and a comfortable bed for the houseparent and the cheapest refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher. You may have one nice shower in the houseparent’s bathroom, but the others should be the cheapest shower. It should also include a pool table, foosball, and dartboard, plus a sprinkler in the garden. The classrooms should include skilling objects.

5.   You may age up a teen when he or she has been on the honor roll for three days. At this time, you may pick a trait and a major. The lifetime wish will be based on the major (majors and requirements listed below). Each Sim will also be eligible to go on one spring break to a foreign country. Each Sim should have a different major.

6.   Each Sim “graduates” when the requirements for the major are fulfilled.

7.   You can score this for a challenge. Set a limit of 12 weeks. Score 50 points for each Sim who graduates. For Sims who don’t graduate, score 1 point for each skill point in major skills. Skill points in other skills don’t count. Sims who have graduated can also get credit for grad school with a multiplier:  1 + .1 for each skill challenge. Sims who have not graduated don’t get any credit for skill challenges.

Example:  Sim A graduated in engineering and completed 5 skill challenges for a score of 75 (50 x 1.5 = 75); Sim B majored in art but did not graduate. He picked up 10 points in painting, 10 in sculpture, and 5 in photography for a score of 25.

Majors:

Art – Max 3 of painting, sculpture, photography, and street art. Choose Renaissance Sim for lifetime wish.
Athletics – Max athletics, martial arts, and diving (or cooking). Choose Renaissance Sim for lifetime wish.
Biological Sciences – Max fishing, gardening and science. Or substitute a collection of 30 different beetles, butterflies, and minor pets for one of the skills. Choose The Zoologist, Private Aquarium, Perfect Garden, or Renaissance Sim for lifetime wish.
Communications – Max 3 of writing, charisma, photography, or social networking. Choose Renaissance Sim for lifetime wish.
Engineering – Max logic, handiness, and inventing. Choose Renaissance Sim or The Tinkerer for lifetime wish.
Fine Arts – Max one of the Art skills, writing, and one instrument. Choose Renaissance Sim for lifetime wish.
Home Economics – Max cooking, gardening, and handiness. Choose Renaissance Sim for lifetime wish.
Music – Max 3 instruments. Choose Renaissance Sim for lifetime wish.
Physical Sciences – Max logic, handiness, and science. Or substitute a collection of 30 different rocks, gems, and metals for one of the skills. Choose The Tinkerer for lifetime wish.
Restaurant Management – Max cooking, nectar making and mixology. Choose Renaissance Sim for lifetime wish

Restrictions

No pets (including dragons) allowed. No Sim may collect items for another Sim. Gems bought from the consignment shop cannot be counted for the collection. Gems made from board breaking and sculpting may be sold but not counted. The crystal tree from Lunar Lakes is excluded. No vampires. No Brain-Enhancing Machines.

If you don’t have all the EPs, you may substitute other skills for the ones you lack. If you don’t have Pets, you may substitute fish for minor pets. Only one Sim may travel at a time.

If you want to play this as an ongoing game rather than a challenge, you can move out Sims who have graduated and adopt children who can be aged up as soon as they arrive at the "campus."

Edited to add: If you want to play this as Hogwarts (i.e., all your students are witches), you may substitute alchemy for any skill.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
Re: College Daze Rules
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 04:31:52 PM »
I might try it! Also is the adult in a separate dormitory or not?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 06:33:55 PM »
It's up to you. I gave the houseparent a larger bedroom.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »
Question... Why is Cooking in the Athletics Section? I mean, wouldn't riding make more sense (And the No Pets rule could just be changed to 'horses are the only pets allowed,' since horses can't collect stuff), since it actually involves being physically active?
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 12:48:31 PM »
The idea behind placing cooking in the Athletics major is that it involves nutrition. It never occurred to me to add riding -- I didn't attend the kind of college where people had their horses on campus.  The rules for projects tend to be looser, however. If you want to substitute riding, go ahead.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 04:28:15 PM »
MarianT, this is really neat.  Goodness knows if I'll ever finish, but I'll have to give this a try.   :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 11:31:02 PM »
Hi Marian.

I'm sorry if the rules for projects weren't clear.  I've just updated them for better clarification.  However, before you post rules for a Project, you need to get them approved by me and Metropolis Man.  Once they're approved, you can post the rules and I'll put a link to them in the main Project thread.

You can read details on how to do it here.

Until that all gets worked out, I'm going to lock this thread and move it to the Graveyard Board.  That way, it's still here for you and it won't have to be written all over again.  Once again, I'm sorry that it wasn't more clear.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 07:53:49 PM »
Was this project ever turned in for approval?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 10:22:39 PM »
yes, to both Pam and Metro Man

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 11:08:34 PM »
I apologize for bringing this back from the dead, but I wanted to say this is an interesting challenge, sort of like a Teen Asylum but with more set goals.

I am running through this a bit for a while - because I failed to have the money to buy Supernatural - and I love it. I have seven rainbow-colored teens named after various Pokemon with my Simself as the headmaster.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 06:35:29 AM »
That sounds great!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 05:55:08 PM »
I have a question: Why didn't you choose One Sim Band as the LTW for the Music major? I know you wanted to keep everything roughly equal so only three instruments but even if you only max three instruments wouldn't One Sim Band give you more LTHP for skilling music specifically?

By samoht04

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 07:07:43 PM »
I wanted to keep it at 3 skills per student. But I can't think of any reason why someone couldn't have One Sim Band as a LTW, especially if they wanted to keep playing that sim after "graduation."

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 01:45:46 AM »
I guess this will be different now that University is coming out. Before that I was coming up with my own majors following this format, like French Studies, Child Development, etc. Now I am considering making up minors to go with the majors from University.

By samoht04

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 06:37:31 AM »
What a cool idea! I'm looking forward to University, too.