Author Topic: Rannt Family (The Sims 3 Console)  (Read 6500 times)

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
Rannt Family (The Sims 3 Console)
« on: April 24, 2012, 01:05:04 AM »
By request from warr2098, I'm happy to preset the Rannt family from The Sims 3 Console. Alice and her son Byron live in the Modern Zen house at 480 Haskins Way in Moonlight Bay. In order to get them set up as close as possible to the Console versions, I used the Master Controller and Debug Enabler mods from Nraas in order to set their age, career, money and I removed an unneeded accidental career item. No custom content was used and no Sims were harmed in the process. :)

Name: Alice Rannt

Traits:
  • Easily Impressed
  • Genius
  • Hopeless Romantic
  • Loser
  • Workaholic
Lifetime Wish: World Renowned Surgeon

Favorites:
  • Food: Goopy Carbonara
  • Music: Kids
  • Color: Red
Required Expansions/Stuff Packs: None
Required Store Items: The Progressive Style Hair - 100 Sim Points

Notes: Alice starts with her Medical Career at level 7 and has a Logic Skill of 5.

Alice - Closeup

Alice - Outfit Collage

Name: Byron Rannt

Traits:
  • Genius
  • Inappropriate
  • Mean Spirited
Favorites:
  • Food: Cookies
  • Music: Pop
  • Color: Pink
Required Expansions/Stuff Packs: None
Required Store Items: None

Notes: Byron has a Logic Skill of 2.

Byron - Closeup

Byron - Outfit Collage

I've included two files. One is the Rannt family without a house, and the other is the Rannt family in their Modern Zen home. Please see the Modern Zen post in the Houses and Lots forum for more information. As always, enjoy! :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
Re: Rannt Family (The Sims 3 Console)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 02:12:01 AM »
Attached to this post is a .zip file containing the raw .sim files for Alice and Byron Rannt. The raw .sim files are created when you save a Sim to the Sim Bin when creating the Sim in Create a Sim (CAS). Whew! That's a lot of Sim in a single sentence...

To install these files into your Sims 3 Sim Bin (PC instructions only, I don't have a Mac - sorry):
  • Download the Rannt.zip file to your computer (remember the download location).
  • Unzip the files.
  • Copy the two .sim files to your SavedSims folder:
For Windows XP, the default location is C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims
For Windows Vista / Windows 7, the default location is C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims

Once the files are copied to the folder, launch The Sims 3 and go into CAS. Click the Sim Bin button (see screenshot below) and let the bin load.

Then click the Custom Content button (see screenshot) and they should show up.

Note, you will have to set their relationship after adding them to the family, and they will start from the beginning with no extras (Alice will not have any Career or Logic levels). If you have any problems using the files, please ask and I'll help you any way I can. :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything