Author Topic: Sim completely disappeared after using Simport  (Read 2165 times)

Offline amb44

• Nooboo
Sim completely disappeared after using Simport
« on: April 25, 2012, 01:00:57 AM »
Hi all,

Long time reader, first time writer here.  My friend sent her sim to perform in my town which went smoothly, however now her sim has completely disappeared from her game.  I have read about others who have sims who remain greyed out after using simport, but my friend's sim is not even in the line-up, let alone greyed out.  Has anybody experienced this before?  Or does anybody have any tips to fix it?  I've directed her to the saves folder to fiddle with the backups but that was just a guess.  I feel terrible about it as I'm the one who guilted her into buying Showtime in the first place, and now she looses her favourite, longtime sim!

Thanks in advance,

Amy

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sim completely disappeared after using Simport
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 01:28:46 AM »
Hi amy, welcome to the forum. :)

Here are some ideas your friend could try.

• If your friend is OK with using Mods, she could install Overwatch, by twallan. By default, it recovers Missing Sims at around 3AM game time. Her sim should be recovered. However, in case of a mess-up in installation or using it, I would strongly advise her to back up that game file first.
  • Alternately, she could try ringing the Sim if they are in another Sim's relationship panel, and adding her to the family by using "testingcheatsenabled true".
  • Another alternative is to try resetting the sim. Press Ctrl+Shift+C and type "resetsim firstname lastname" without quotes, and replacing "firstname lastname" with your Sim's full name.
  • Did she try closing and reopening the game? If so, she could try that (but don't save!)

I hope this helps. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amb44

• Nooboo
Re: Sim completely disappeared after using Simport
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 05:37:30 AM »
Hi Seabody,

Unfortunately none  of your suggestions worked.  I suggested my friend add the household into the neighbourhood and then merge the Sim she wants into her family, but apparently her Sim does not even show in the saved bin.  She is not comfortable using mods.  Is there anything else that you or anybody else can think of?

Thanks,

Amy