Author Topic: Grounded teen in trouble - for going to school?  (Read 13862 times)

Offline Korva

• Townie
Grounded teen in trouble - for going to school?
« on: April 30, 2012, 03:55:02 AM »
I had a really curious chain of events happen yesterday that left me rather amused, and was curious if anyone else has seen anything similar.

One of the now-teenaged triplets in my family threw a wish to prank the school. I thought sure why not and let her try, but she got caught and was hauled back home by the police shortly afterwards. Predictably, one of her moms immediately blew a fuse and grounded her. So far so ordinary. When the schoolbus came to pick the trio up the next morning, her sisters ran out to get on as they always do, while the troublemaker crept after them in sneak mode. She had to serve detention at school, which put her mood meter pretty much at rock bottom red from the combination of 5 bad moodlets (grounded, got in trouble, detention and two from being stressed due to having been made to work hard during the schoolday). Serves her right, I thought! When she finally made it home, feeling so shoddy that she couldn't even do her homework, her other mom came racing out -- to tear into her for sneaking out while grounded. :o She had only been to school, and got grounded for that a second time. Poor Araminta had a really bad day there, I wasn't sure if I should laugh or feel sorry for her. Gotta love weird situations, they're more entertaining than when everything goes smoothly.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Grounded teen in trouble - for going to school?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 05:14:14 AM »
A similar thing happened to me. One of my teens got grounded for getting in late after prom. The game made her late home not me so I was a bit irritated. She was grounded for a week which meant no going out not even to school. So I let her hang around the house playing with the chemistry bench.

She had the sneak walk all the time after that which got annoying.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 08:11:42 AM »
My sim got caught after curfew while learning to drive with her mother! The mother jumped in the car and drove home and the kid had to ride home in the police car.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 08:55:34 AM »
Usually when my teen gets grounded, I have them clean the house and do extra duty, then I have them talk to the parents and beg forgiveness.  That way they can go to school.  Yes, once they sneak, it stays with them forever, which is really annoying after a while.  I finally had to age my teen up to YA and move him out.  He is still walking like that as an elder, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 02:33:00 PM »
My sim got caught after curfew while learning to drive with her mother! The mother jumped in the car and drove home and the kid had to ride home in the police car.

Okay, now that is hilarious. Bad mom!  :D

@Saltypaws: thankfully I didn't get the stuck-sneaking bug, I was a bit worried about that and ready to reload if needed. Doing her homework was enough for her to automatically be let off the hook -- I kinda expected it to take more effort, but maybe the adults realized that grounding a kid for going to school wasn't the most sensible thing to do!

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 03:44:03 PM »
My sims get grounded so much, I ought to start keeping a scoreboard! Most recently, one of my sims got grounded for being brought home when she was out after curfew. Where did she get picked up? Literally across the street from her house! And she actually was with an adult. The adult just ran ahead of her. So, of course, she got grounded and couldn't go to school either. At least she was a loner sim.
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 05:43:00 PM »
Usually when my teen gets grounded, I have them clean the house and do extra duty, then I have them talk to the parents and beg forgiveness.  That way they can go to school.  Yes, once they sneak, it stays with them forever, which is really annoying after a while.  I finally had to age my teen up to YA and move him out.  He is still walking like that as an elder, lol.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that happens too. I thought it was just a weird glitch in my game. Usually it only happens to me if the adults go away on the free weekend while the teenager is still grounded.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 07:14:23 PM »
I wonder if there's a common theme to why teens are getting grounded so much?

I've only had one teen get scolded since Generations released. No groundings ever.

Offline heatherliz2002

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 03:03:21 PM »
My sims seem to get grounded with no rhyme or reason to it.  I had the parents accept the "free vacation" opportunity.  Meanwhile, their teen son took care of his toddler sibling beautifully, cleaned the house, did his homework, etc. and when the parents came home, they immediately grounded him!  I felt bad for him!  I assumed it was a glitch/bug.

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 02:38:36 AM »
Yikes, that's not fair. Poor boy!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 02:39:42 AM »
Only had one get grounded, usually they just were yelled at. If they apologized they were let off the hook. Of course, the parents were always busy and I often send the kids to boarding school.

Offline Becca85

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 06:58:33 AM »
Haha that happens to me all the time. I don't know if it is a bug or what. Anyways the grounded teen gets caught for sneaking out to catch the schoolbus... not allowed to leave the house... but then they get grounded again for skipping school while they are not allowed to leave the house! How weird.

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 01:42:11 AM »
My Sim child's mom also got furious when she went to school even though she is grounded. I think when the Sim is grounded she is not supposed to go anywhere, just stay at home to do the household chores and the homework to get in the parent's good graces.

anything