Author Topic: Kid won't leave for boarding school  (Read 22318 times)

Offline heatherliz2002

• Llama Wrangler
Kid won't leave for boarding school
« on: May 04, 2012, 03:12:26 PM »
Sorry if this has been discussed already- I did a search and couldn't find a solution.

I have a child sim who won't leave for boarding school.  When I click on her school tab, it shows her as enrolled, but the taxi never came to pick her up... it's been about three days now.  She can't go back to the community school, and her parents can't withdraw her using the computer.  So she's just hanging out around the house.

I know this was a known bug for awhile, but I was thinking an update had fixed it, and I've never had a problem with it before (I've sent several kids to boarding school without a problem).  I'm wondering if there is a work-around, or if I just have to wait until she ages up to teen, and basically consider her to be home-schooled in the meantime?  There was a thread on the Sims 3 website that suggested deleting the sim, but I really don't want to do that unless I know for sure that I'll get her back!

loveSims

Re: Kid won't leave for boarding school
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 09:15:01 PM »
When it happened to my teen, I deleted her with move objects on and she was in boarding school. But save your game before you try it. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline heatherliz2002

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 11:35:22 AM »
Thank you!  I will give it a try- definitely will save first!

Update:  In case anyone is wondering, this solved the problem.  After a few days I got a pop up message saying my sim was miserable at boarding school and could she come home?  I allowed her to come home.  So while she ended up not gaining any skills or graduating from boarding school, at least I got my sim back, and she is now once again attending the community school.

loveSims

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 08:50:32 PM »
I'm glad it worked and that you get your sim back.  :)

Offline Vanessawaw

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 02:42:34 PM »
I'm glad it worked and that you get your sim back.  :)

i cant get my kids back, im so saad :'(

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 02:25:58 PM »
Please elaborate on that statement (that is, if you were desiring assistance and not just advising us).

anything