Author Topic: Trying for baby with a genie  (Read 10664 times)

MsKCupcake

Trying for baby with a genie
« on: May 07, 2012, 11:49:43 PM »
Twinmum, how did you try for baby with a genie? I used the dusty old lamp lifetime reward to get a genie lamp. I then, of course, cleaned the lamp. When the genie popped out of the lamp and I found out it was a guy genie, I got all excited because I thought maybe I could try for a genie baby with him. He ended up becoming my boyfriend (I couldn't propose to the genie either) and I got them to have a first kiss, but they couldn't even try for a baby after that?

If anybody could tell me how to try for baby with a genie, that would be great!

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Re: Trying for baby with a genie
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 12:01:13 AM »
I released him from the lamp. After he was released, they were able to try for a baby.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

MsKCupcake

Re: Re: Trying for baby with a genie
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 12:25:32 AM »
So did I do everything right?

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Trying for baby with a genie
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 12:30:55 AM »
I've just split this from the twins thread as it really is about having a baby with the genie and not necessarily twins.

Now about trying for a baby with the genie.. did you go through the process of putting the lamp in the oven and the fridge?

Here is the guide to  Freeing the Genie

Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

MsKCupcake

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 01:22:43 AM »
I did go through that process, but I thought "Freeing the genie" meant that I would be rid of the genie. I wanted to be rid of the genie after I found out I couldn't try for baby with it (without freeing it first). I didn't even think to try for baby after freeing it. Plus, why did you move this into the Late Night board?

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 01:33:44 AM »
Well I didn't try for a baby before I had freed him, so I can't say if that would work or not. I only tried after he was free and a part of the family.

Oops, I meant to move it to the ShowTime board. Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline rpnecroranger

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 09:22:05 PM »
I freed a Genie, then he married my sim and had 1 "normal" and 1 ghost (due to both parents being under ghost potion during conception) baby. These were seperate pregnancies, and when the ghost child ate ambrosia she had her dads skin color when she turned mortal.

Both children inherited the genies magical traits and stuff, which just like any 1 occult/1 normal sim paring has a 50/50 chance of doing, so they can magically poof another sim clean, magically clean house and enthrall sims like thier Dad. (cant enthral
family members tho lol - I tried!)

Sarah
RPNecroRanger

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

MsKCupcake

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 11:51:14 PM »
Welcome to the forums, rpnecroranger. I just didn't know why I couldn't try for baby with the genie. They were on the home lot and there was a bed on that home lot (my sims mansion had at least 4 beds). Do you have to free the genie before you can woohoo/try for baby with it? I couldn't select Woohoo from the romantic socials either before freeing the genie. I never tried putting the sim and genie on a bed together and seeing if they could try for baby then... maybe I can get a new genie.

Offline rpnecroranger

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 08:22:05 AM »
yep, basically you have to get a good relationship to free the genie first (option is greyed out till you do)

once freed he becomes a member of your house hold. It took a lot of pushing to get from best friends to in a relationship, so possibly the bar on genies from friends to lovers could be a little longer.

I honestly didnt try for a baby till after they were engaged at least, and yes, I used a normal bed in the house. Could be Genies are old fashioned and dont like kids out of wedlock XD

Thanks for the welcome too, kinda been lurking waiting for a convo to join lol

Offline Erythrocyte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 05:13:26 PM »
I can confirm that you can't woohoo or try for baby without freeing the Genie first. :)