Author Topic: Winds of Change - Immortal Dynasty (Completed 9/23/12)  (Read 29140 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Winds of Change - Immortal Dynasty (Completed 9/23/12)
« on: May 10, 2012, 04:42:38 AM »

Come child, huddle closer to the Guardian. I am old now, and my voice grows weaker with each passing day. But before I pass, I have one last story to tell. This story is the one I promised when you were born – the story of the Breaker's Line. The ones cast out because of impurity in the Breaker's mate.

This story starts with the Breaker's offspring, the one called the Cursed. His true name was Valor, for the Breaker predicted this one would have the courage of his forebears, the great Queen called the Fireborn, and her consort, the Prince called the Flamesword.

But he was called the Cursed for what the elders of his forebears' people decreed. He and his family would be granted unconditional return if he could prove the Impure One had no effect on the descendants. To accomplish this, the Cursed would have to mate with a woman of the Impure One's people. Sire a child. Succeed in a career, learn a skill that can provide a foundation for any career. Make friends, complete errands for neighbours. Be memorialized in paintings. And the firstborn of each subsequent generation would need to do the same. Only when this had been completed would the Breaker's Line be reunited with the people of the Fireborn and the Flamesword.

Oh, but I can see your face, child. Where is the logic in diluting the Cursed's bloodline? For how long? What happens after? Do those of the Breaker's Line return to their people?

I will start at the beginning, little one. But not the beginning of all, just the beginning of the end...

loveSims

Re: Winds of Change - Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 08:11:56 AM »
Great start! Looking forward to nex chapter. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 12:04:08 AM »
Dear Mother,

Please extend my deepest gratitudes to Her Royal Grace for the plot of land in which I call my own. And to His Royal Grace for the sum of money to assist in paying my bills. I know him well in that he would have preferred to provide more, but also that the Council would have known then. It will take some time, Mother, to successfully return to your loving embrace. But Mother, know that I will succeed.

And knowing you, I will include pictures as often as possible.

In this place, I searched for a mate amongst these people. Not all of my powers have been diluted, Mother, so I heard the whispers of a young widow. The people said that she had high skill in art, and in cooking. A young widow, who secretly longed for a child of her own.

I am ashamed to say that I married this widow for her skills, and for her wealth. She wishes a child, and so I will plant one in her belly. I am sorry to say that I do not love her. Perhaps I will in time, but if not, I know I can be kind to her.

As the Council says, love is the province of mortals, and of royalty. And as the Council decreed, I have been stripped of my birthright as royalty...and I am not a mortal. I am Cursed.

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 12:10:27 AM »
Looks awesome. I shall be keeping an eye on this story and the dynasty it surrounds.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 12:30:47 AM »
Thanks, loveSims and Lysita :)

Also, I will apologize in advance if I don't respond in a timely manner. I have the game on one computer, my Dynasty file notes on another, and between work, neurotic boyfriend, and others, I spend my free time Simming instead of uploading screen shots. :-\

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 12:37:36 AM »
Dear Mother,

The widow I married, her name is Agnes. She is a Hopeless Romantic, but very Grumpy as well. She is also very Frugal (which explains her sizable dowry), and a Bookworm Loner. She is a Leo, with a preference for the color of Spice Brown, a taste for Lobster Thermidor, and an ear for Classical music.

Agnes has agreed to paint my portrait, to learn the art of statue crafting. I believe she knows something is afoot, but she has not asked. She is, I think, grateful for the company I provide her. And your unsubtle gift of the magical baby chair has put that look into her eyes.

I will abide by your unspoken request, Mother. I will plant a child in Agnes' belly.

Offline JonMom2009

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 01:32:08 AM »
I love your story! I also love the makeover that you gave Agnes!!!

Everybody writes very good stories on here and yours is no exception!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 12:38:08 PM »
Congrats with the wedding! Agnes look very pretty. Great update. :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 12:56:33 PM »
What an interesting and intriguing story I cannot wait for more. Also your founder is rather nice to look at.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 04:15:02 AM »
Dear Mother,

Joy eternal! Agnes has carried to term a girl-child, and she is strong and healthy. I have named this child Faith, to be known as the Blessed. For this girl-child will be the first mother in a line of daughters. And it is by faith that I cling to the hope I may be returned to you one day.

Like her mother, my daughter is a Hopeless Romantic; she also seems to have inherited her mother's skill with a paintbrush, for she is very Artistic. She is also quite Brave and Adventurous, and seems unusually Lucky. She was born under the star of Sagittarius, prefers the color of Green, the taste of Grilled Cheese, and fancies Songwriter music (whatever that may be).

Of course, as soon as she was old enough, she demanded a puppy. What is it with little girls and puppies, I wonder? Naturally, Agnes and I said no, but that was not to deter my little girl. She went next door to our neighbors, the Altos, and spoke with the man of the house - his name is Nick. Somehow, she charmed that man enough to agree to let her adopt the single puppy from his dog's litter. What could we say after that?

The puppy was named Waggles, for what she tries to do with her tail. She is the most graceful dog one could ever hope for...ok, so I jest! Waggles is many things, but graceful she is not.

For your enjoyment, I am including a picture of your granddaughter on her first day of school. She looks extremely apprehensive, does she not?

Oh, and one other thing. Agnes received your wedding gift of the ancient lamp. You can imagine the surprise on her face when the djinn was released. The djinn was able to provide us with some additional funds, and so we were able to construct the house as you had drawn.

Thank you, Mother.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 05:46:07 AM »
Dear Mother,

Perhaps we are a bit too free with the funds provided. An unwise gentleman came to my territory to try and take some of my possessions. Fortunately, I had an alarm set to alert the wardens of this land (else, I might have had to take the approach of His Royal Grace, and that would be most unseemly here!), and they responded promptly. It appears, however, this unwise gentleman actually came to try and add to his funds the bride price, so that his wedding could proceed post haste.

Foolish mortals. But I digress.

Mother, I do not recall you ever telling me it is like a blink of an eye. One moment, Faith is a mere whelp, clinging to Agnes for sustenance. The next, she is caught on that edge of childhood and womanhood. And while on that edge, I taught her to operate one of these bizarre things called a "vehicle." She attended a social function called a "prom" (and isn't that a strange word?). And she, like you and your mother and Her Royal Grace, started seeking a mate (I caught him kissing her outside the front of the residential structure, but she swears she was only going to ask him to do homework with her. Anatomical homework, no doubt!).

She completed her required education as a valedictorian, and therefore, was declared the smartest. Of course she is!

Then she goes and ruins it by impulsively asking that young man to be her mate forever more. And as he knows the wealth bestowed, he said yes. And then immediately decided to consummate the marriage!

I sound like a cranky old man. But I will write later, Mother. For now, my adventurous little Faith is yelling for me. It appears we are all taking a holiday to some other forsaken land.

Children!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 11:53:55 PM »
Dear Mother,

Please forgive my neglect in writing to you. In this ridiculous land of sand - sand storms, sand castles, sandwiches - that is called Egypt, I had little opportunity to write. I also thought my mate somewhat cranky about this travel (not that I blame her!), and thought to reassure her that she is still my only one (for now). Unfortunately, your darling granddaughter is...shall we say, a bit too vocal in her pleasures. It was most distracting.

However, we did encourage her to explore, as I knew nothing would happen to her. And at the same time, we did encourage her chosen mate to stay behind and practice that terrible noise he calls a guitar. If only His Royal Grace could hear this noise, perhaps he would save us all!

As for Agnes and I, we mostly spent our time together, just fishing. Only to find out at the end of this trip, the local customs agents would not allow us to take any of this fish home! It took everything in me, Mother, to not just leave death and destruction behind. But as Her Royal Grace would say, where there is a will...

Rumours have reached me of others who have smuggled some of these forbidden fish home. And that there are certain felines who can locate them. I think I shall research that option.

Mother, you should know, I am wishing more and more to return home already. It is much less stifling than this place!

Faith's mate - his name is Sam - has agreed to practice his sculpting skills until I am able to do such. He is taking many lessons from Agnes, but not, I hope, this one about the "proper use of a tongue."

Oh! Two more important details! The first is, Faith has borne an heir. It is like watching time itself rewind. Many times when I see a little blonde girl-child in green come toddling at me, I am forced to remind myself her name is Grace, not Faith. Grace is learning the importance of not being poor, as you can see.

The other is that your emissary did arrive, and reminded me of the rules of the Council's game. So I went back to this residence, and completed the first move.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 11:59:56 PM »
Valor Wind - Founder

Spouse: Agnes Crumplebottom
Favorite Food: Autumn Salad
Favorite Music: Classical
Favorite Color: Seafoam
Astrological Sign: Pisces
Education: Graduate of Peace and Love School
Traits: Green Thumb, Loves the Outdoors, Lucky, Flirty, Ambitious
Lifetime Wish: The Perfect Garden
Profession: Gardening
SuperMax Skill: Gardening
Building: Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner
Property: Stoney Falls
Lifetime Reward: Super Green Thumb, Motive Mobile, Suave Seller
Black Ops: Lettuce Help Out, Uncommonly Good, Garlic Goodness, Perfect Produce, Outstandingly Rare, Great Greens
Best Friends: Agnes Crumplebottom, Faith Wind, Hunter Heller, Waggles Wind, Emma Hatch, Mortimer Goth
Museum Pieces: Painting, Sculpture - Young Adult; Painting, Sculpture - Adult; Painting, Sculpture, Photograph - Elder
Immortality Achieved: Week 7, Day 7

Museum Value: $87,861

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 12:02:39 AM »
My apologies to everyone for the delay in acknowledging your replies, I'm very very sorry.

My only (weak!) defense is that life has been somewhat hectic around here - youngest brother turning 21, buying a new car, trying to get my boyfriend set up for a job interview at my workplace.

I appreciate your kindnesses, and hope you remain (at least somewhat) entertained.  :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 02:50:28 AM »
You're a great writer! I love the whole backstory and how you're writing it! Congrats on your first Immortal!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]