Author Topic: No prom or graduation  (Read 9458 times)

Offline simone88

• Nooboo
No prom or graduation
« on: May 10, 2012, 12:17:43 PM »
I've recently noticed that my sim teens aren't getting an option to attend prom and when they reach YA, they don't attend graduation. Does anyone else have this problem?

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
Re: No prom or graduation
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 01:37:02 PM »
Prom is announced usually 1-2weeks after your sims become teens, graduation is usually the first day the become YA... hmmm

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

plumbbobparadise

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 08:08:51 PM »
My sim that went to Fort Starch didn't have a graduation either.   :(

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 01:15:21 PM »
When playing on normal life span, my teens usually get prom within four or five days of aging up. I thought that graduation is weekdays only, since my twins aged up on a Saturday but didn't have their graduation until the Monday.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 03:49:05 PM »
Had sims return from prep schools in cap and gown; but, no invite to the parents. They just came home in their gowns and acte like they had only been gone foe an hour. Still prefer that to them hanging out at home during their teen years.

Offline mandamouse123

• Llama Wrangler
  • I, too, shall look at the stars.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 08:34:15 PM »
I had one of my teen sims age up a few days before her twin siblings.  She didn't graduate, but when the twins went to graduate, I found I could click on the town hall and have her graduate as well.  I haven't tried it again, but if you aren't getting the option to graduate, maybe you can try to initiate the option yourself by clicking on the town hall once the sim has aged up to young adult?

Offline Sunflowergal22

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 02:26:41 PM »
When playing on normal life span, my teens usually get prom within four or five days of aging up. I thought that graduation is weekdays only, since my twins aged up on a Saturday but didn't have their graduation until the Monday.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Skilletnap

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 03:06:38 PM »
I had one of my teen sims age up a few days before her twin siblings.  She didn't graduate, but when the twins went to graduate, I found I could click on the town hall and have her graduate as well.  I haven't tried it again, but if you aren't getting the option to graduate, maybe you can try to initiate the option yourself by clicking on the town hall once the sim has aged up to young adult?

I had that same thing happen.
I was a little upset I wouldn't get one of the graduation awards for my giant legacy wall of awards. But when his younger twin siblings aged up to young adult, I was able to get them to graduate together.
I had tried clicking the town hall before but I didn't see that option at all, until I got the message about graduation day.

So, could that be the reason, OP? Do they have siblings close to aging up or are they the only child?
Or maybe they were sent to a private school? I don't know if they get the graduation ceremony if they age up from teen away from home. It makes some sense that they wouldn't, (why get a diploma from the public school when you didn't go there?) but that's just a guess.

Failing that it sounds like a game issue, events not popping like they should. /: