Poll

Which was your favourite Storybook Styled Entry?

Wai - Storytime
6 (8.7%)
Catarra Nightshade - The Tower
6 (8.7%)
Ausette - Pumpkin Cottage
15 (21.7%)
Ladybug53 - Village Cottage
6 (8.7%)
Anushka - Storytelling Cottage
18 (26.1%)
Decima - Underwater House
18 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: June 06, 2012, 07:05:40 AM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2012: 10 - Storybook Style, Comments  (Read 10129 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Building Contest 2012: 10 - Storybook Style, Comments
« on: May 17, 2012, 02:48:14 AM »
Building Contests 2012: 10 - Storybook Style

You must read the Rules and Instructions Thread first, if you haven't already. Updates have been made.

Your Task:
"Once Upon a Time...." That may be the start of a story but it's your job to set the scene! How can we have a story if there is nowhere for the story to be set? What would the Pigs do without their three houses, where would Snow White and the Seven Dwarves live? They need their homes and they've got to be right from a storybook!

You can pick which story you want to do from the list below, if you have any other famous stories then please do PM samoht04, if they are famous and popular ones from your region that I may not have heard of.

• Little Red Riding Hood
  • Hansel and Grettle
  • The Hare and the Tortoise
  • Cinderella
  • Rapunzel
  • Three Little Pigs
  • Pinochio
  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
  • Cat and the Fiddle
  • The Ugly Duckling
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Puss In Boots
  • The Boy who cried Wolf
  • Robin Hood
  • Moby Dick
  • Rumpelstilzchen
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Goldylocks and the Three Bears
  • The Owl and the Pussycat
  • The Snow Queen
  • Blue Beard
  • Treasure Island
  • Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Fin
  • Romeo an Juliet -
  • Peter Pan

Specifications:
  • Lot Type: Residential
  • Number of Bed Spaces: Must be suitable for your story. (Do not add any sims)
  • Budget: $105,000
  • Lot Size: 40x40 or 50x50
  • Other: You may not say which Story you are doing, it must be clear to see which one you are doing.

Optional Specifications:
  • You may want to make links (This does not mean Internet URL Links, it means connections to the story to represent it as a way to show which story you have chosen, do not add virtual website links!) to the story to help make it obvious which story etc.

Current Status: Running

Contest Start Date: 12:00am, Friday, 18 May, 2012   
Contest End Date: 11:59pm, Thursday, May 31, 2012

Do not post any comments or compliments in this thread until the contest is closed. Please PM either samoht04 and Lilygirl with any questions or concerns.

How to post your entry:

Your Current Entries: - Listed by Date of Entry and Approval
 Wai - 'Story Time'

Last Update: Clarification on 'Link' and added more approved Stories.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest 2012: 10 - Storybook Style
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »
A mistake was spotted where it stated 'At least 8 Sims' where it should read 'For 8 Sims'. Sorry this is quite late in being sorted out, your Entry must have eight bed spaces - a double bed counts as two spaces, a crib counts as one as well as single beds counting as one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Agneza

• Occult
  • Don't worry be happy...
    • Agneza's creations
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 02:41:22 PM »
I'm so sorry I can't take part of this contest. I didn't understood the rules well because of my english so I made the house only for four sims. I like it so I'll put it on the swap shop when finish. Good luck to everybody. Agneza

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 02:44:17 AM »
After receiving a PM an issue where the rules are contradicting each other has occurred. The number of Bed Spaces required will clash with some of the stories as they may require less. For that reason you can use any number of Bed Spaces. Sorry for the confusion and alterations.

Offline Agneza

• Occult
  • Don't worry be happy...
    • Agneza's creations
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 09:18:32 AM »
Thomas-I'm glad You've change the rules. Now I can partecipate to the contest. I love the fairy tale themes.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 11:28:04 AM »
Oh dear, now I'm confused.  I was going to post my entry today, but now am not sure that it is suitable.  Does every room have to follow the theme? 

I thought that so long as the hints were there in some rooms and/or in the building itself that fulfilled the brief.  I have just three rooms which hint at my story and of course the themed external presentation, but there are seven bedrooms and six day rooms plus bathrooms.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 12:38:52 PM »
I'm building mine at the moment and have found it hard to incorporate the theme into each bit, I tend to only remember a few key points for each fairy tale but the rest is all a bit hazy. Earlier I pretty much decided to just use the story I'm doing as a 'base' but then put my own stamp on it quite a lot. I hope this works with the contest rules. If it doesn't I won't enter it, but just upload to the swapshop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »
Oh dear, now I'm confused.  I was going to post my entry today, but now am not sure that it is suitable.  Does every room have to follow the theme? 

I thought that so long as the hints were there in some rooms and/or in the building itself that fulfilled the brief.  I have just three rooms which hint at my story and of course the themed external presentation, but there are seven bedrooms and six day rooms plus bathrooms.
I'm building mine at the moment and have found it hard to incorporate the theme into each bit, I tend to only remember a few key points for each fairy tale but the rest is all a bit hazy. Earlier I pretty much decided to just use the story I'm doing as a 'base' but then put my own stamp on it quite a lot. I hope this works with the contest rules. If it doesn't I won't enter it, but just upload to the swapshop.

However you want to represent your story is fine. As long as there are some clear references to your story you can enter - just remember that people are voting based on the Specs, not just what looks good!  :) I appreciate it is hard to include constant references, then again I'm pleased it's difficult!  ;)

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 08:57:58 PM »
Lot Size:           40 x 40

Furnished:        98,360
Unfurnished:    75,638

EP's and Stuff:  World Adventures, Ambitions and Outdoor Living

3 double Bedrooms
1 double Ensuite Bedroom
2 Small Bedrooms
1 Nursery
5 family bathrooms
Kitchen/breakfast room
Living room/Dining Room
TV Room
Study
Hobby Room
Room of special purpose for contest
Conservatory
Large rear balcony
Small front balcony
Patio

Although it is not possible to show all rooms below, all rooms are furnished.

Download Here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,10738.msg211129.html#msg211129
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Catarra Nightshade

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 10:58:20 PM »
The Tower

Lot Type - Residential - 1 bed, 1 bath
Lot Size - 40 x 40
Price - Furnished - $58,610
          Unfurnished - $39,448
Content - All EPs, All SPs, No Store Content
Suggested Placement - Somewhere with a natural rear boundry, like a cliff, a mountain, or a beach.

Description - Nestled in a valley and surrounded by towering peaks, a group of land developers discovered The Tower. It seemed like something straight out of a storybook. The land was bought, and in efforts to keep the original integrity of The Tower, only a few modern conveniences were added to turn The Tower into a cozy studio apartment fit for a princess.

It's no wonder it took so long for anyone to stumble upon The Tower. The land is a bit intimidating. If it weren't for the mailbox and garbage can, no one would ever think the place was inhabitable.

The Tower only has one door leading in or out of the building. Inside is a series of spiral staircases leading up to the apartment.

The kitchen equipped with microwave, food processor, dishwasher, and trash compactor. We suggest a brave sim, with the lifetime reward Fireproof Home.

The dining table and the chess table.

A lofted bed with a desk, computer, and telephone. Across from the bed is a vanity. Behind the bed are original paintings done by the original prisoner tenant. She painted a kingdom landscape and mapped the stars, right on to the wall. You can also see the bookshelf, and one of the two living chairs.

In the foreground, you can see the television. Below the television is a stereo. In the background is the easel. Off to the side is a giant window. There use to be a giant hole in the wall there. We think it may have been an alternate entrance, although we aren't sure how exactly someone could get up to the window. Must have used a rope...

The bathroom.

Behind the tower is a waterfall and koi pond. It is also rumored that at night, you can also catch will o'wisps.

The Tower and property from behind.

An overhead shot of the living area of The Tower.

If you know a Sim with aspirations to be a Princess or a Damsel in Distress, then you should send them to The Tower.
You may download it here:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,10764.new.html#new

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 02:21:45 AM »
Pumpkin Cottage by Ausette

Lot Type: Residential, 4 br 3 ba
Lot Size: 40 x 40
Cost when placed on 40 x 40 lot: $94,836 ($52,076 unfurnished)
Contains Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Pets, Showtime and World Adventures content
Store Content: Crystal Pumpkin Candlelight Set (free with this set)

You’ll be sure to impress local royalty with this beautifully landscaped Tudor cottage! This home features antique furniture, traditional lighting, a healthy vegetable garden, and separate servant’s quarters.

Can be downloaded on its main page, here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 12:12:59 PM »
Building Contests 2012 - 10 Storybook Style.
Village Cottage
by ladybug53

Lot size : 40 x 40
Price Furnished : 103,941
Price Unfurnished : 64,185

Main Floor : Kitchen , Living Room , Dining Room , Den , 3pc Bathroom.
Second Floor : 3 Bedrooms , Reading Room , 4pc Bathroom.

Expansions used : World Adventure, Generation, Pets, Ambitions.
Stuff Packs used : Outdoor Living.

This little Village Cottage is situated on the outskirts of the village in Hidden Springs. Sorry I can't show you all the rooms.

Once Upon a Time ......

Click on the Image for a larger version then use arrow key to view the rest of the photos.

And they lived happily ever after .

Link to Download :     http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,10774.0.html
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 05:08:39 PM »
Storytelling Cottage

Lot Size: 40x40
Furnished: 61.577
Unfurnished: 41.197

2 bedroom, 2 bathroom cottage, straight from the fairytale:

Download here.

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 09:54:42 AM »
Underwater House
By Decima

Lot size: 40x40
Furnished Price: 99,287
Suggested placement: 500 sunnyside Blvd
Content used: Definitely WA, AMB, GEN, perhaps PETS, OL and TL

Once upon a time there was a young couple who had come from very different worlds but love conquered everything and now they're ready to settle down and start their own family. Their new house is perfect for them, located on a peninsula it has stunning ocean views and is only a short distance to the beach.  The house itself is sunken and surrounded by water and has plenty of room for a growing family. With influences from greek architecture and sunken ships mum-to-be is sure to feel at home. It has 2 bedrooms, one of them a nursery, and 2 bathrooms. One of the bathrooms is a private hot tub area for the mum-to-be so she can relax in water.

Download here:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,10785.0.html

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 07:08:47 AM »
Voting is now open, see the Poll at the top of this thread to place your votes for your three favourites!

Building Contests 2012: 10 - Storybook Style

You must read the Rules and Instructions Thread first, if you haven't already. Updates have been made.

Your Task:
"Once Upon a Time...." That may be the start of a story but it's your job to set the scene! How can we have a story if there is nowhere for the story to be set? What would the Pigs do without their three houses, where would Snow White and the Seven Dwarves live? They need their homes and they've got to be right from a storybook!

You can pick which story you want to do from the list below, if you have any other famous stories then please do PM samoht04, if they are famous and popular ones from your region that I may not have heard of.

• Little Red Riding Hood
  • Hansel and Grettle
  • The Hare and the Tortoise
  • Cinderella
  • Rapunzel
  • Three Little Pigs
  • Pinochio
  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
  • Cat and the Fiddle
  • The Ugly Duckling
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Puss In Boots
  • The Boy who cried Wolf
  • Robin Hood
  • Moby Dick
  • Rumpelstilzchen
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Goldylocks and the Three Bears
  • The Owl and the Pussycat
  • The Snow Queen
  • Blue Beard
  • Treasure Island
  • Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Fin
  • Romeo an Juliet -
  • Peter Pan

Specifications:
  • Lot Type: Residential
  • Number of Bed Spaces: Must be suitable for your story. (Do not add any sims)
  • Budget: $105,000
  • Lot Size: 40x40 or 50x50
  • Other: You may not say which Story you are doing, it must be clear to see which one you are doing.

Optional Specifications:
  • You may want to make links (This does not mean Internet URL Links, it means connections to the story to represent it as a way to show which story you have chosen, do not add virtual website links!) to the story to help make it obvious which story etc.

Contest Start Date: 12:00am, Friday, 18 May, 2012   
Contest End Date: 11:59pm, Thursday, May 31, 2012

Your Current Entries: - Listed by Date of Entry and Approval
 Wai - 'Story Time'

Do not tell anyone who you have voted for anywhere on the forum, this is to keep it fair.

anything