Author Topic: Permanently Removing Custom Content from your PC?  (Read 8966 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Permanently Removing Custom Content from your PC?
« on: May 28, 2010, 06:41:05 PM »
I downloaded a Sim of the exchange recently and it had tons of CC in it, which I did not want at all, I deleted the Sims from the Launcher and the Pre-made Sim Bin thing. But the CC is still in my Game, Does anyone know who to get rid of it for ever?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Permanently Removing Custom Content from your PC?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 07:49:46 PM »
When this happens to me, I'm able to delete the clothing and stuff through the Launcher, as well.  Click on the Downloads button and then click on the tab for clothing.  I'm not sure if this will work for you.  You may end up reinstalling the game, which is a good thing to do periodically.  The time of installing an expansion pack is the perfect opportunity to uninstall and reinstall the whole game.  Look in the Technical Help section for instructions on manually uninstalling everything if you decide to go that route.  Others may have some more suggestions, as well.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 08:47:04 PM »
I just finished re-installing my whole game, for this very reason.  I somehow received a ton of CC and I don't even know how I got it.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 06:36:08 AM »
So re-installing is the thing to do? But what about My Legacy?  :o How can you transfer saved games?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 07:20:36 AM »
You can upload your legacy family, with their house, to the sims3.com exchange.  Then uninstall your games and then re-install.  Once you're all patched up, go to the exchange and download your family.  They will show up in your sim library. 

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 08:01:03 AM »
There is an easier way to keep your saved games. Unfortunately, while I have done it before, I can't remember exactly how. Plus I use a mac, so it's bound to be different for a pc. But look it up on google - I'm sure there's a simple way to put the saved game files aside before you uninstall, and then put them back after you reinstall. It worked for me! If you're really stumped, ask the ea help people - they told me how to do it. Though they are usually annoyingly slow in answering.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 08:24:58 AM »
Under documents, check in the electronics art folder and then the sims 3. You may have to have enabled seeing hidden files to see it, but there is a folder for the saves. After a patch earlier, all saves transformed from a normal file to its own sub-folder in that "saves" folder. If you save that (the whole folder marked with the same name as the save game in question) somewhere else (maybe the desktop), it should work.

After you've re-installed the game, you just put the save file back in the corresponding folder. I've never re-installed my game in this fashion before, but I've played around with these files a lot to fix my save errors and I'm pretty confident the whole save file is in those folders. Someone else can maybe verify this 100%.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 12:05:38 PM »
If you simply go to this thread, http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,412.0.html you will be able to make a backup of your legacy and be able to re-install it into your game once you have re-installed the game and its expansions.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 07:15:10 PM »
Okay thanks guys! I will start to do all this soon!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 02:40:31 AM »
Only thing I can say, is make a backup of the whole EA folder before you re-install. And make sure you have the registration codes! I can't stress that enough! I'm thinking about doing another uninstall, reinstall of the game when I get Ambitions, and I just wanted everyone to be aware you will need your codes when re-installing!