Author Topic: Has something happened to graduation?  (Read 9402 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Has something happened to graduation?
« on: June 06, 2012, 07:18:05 PM »
I put the question here because graduation is a generations things.

The last two generations of my Simself family have not had a graduation ceremony or recieved a diploma. Generation three got a pop up saying she needed to be a city hall but for some reason she never went and never recieved her diploma. Generation four didn;t even get the pop up.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Has something happened to graduation?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 11:19:36 PM »
I've had some missed graduations, too, and didn't even get the message for City Hall.  Sounds like we have another bug on our hands.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 10:37:43 AM »
I know you both had this problem with your dynasty and decadynasty.  Was there a prom for the generations that didn't graduate?   Do you think it's possible that your rabbit hole is bugged and just needs to be reset?

Have you noticed a day after the teens age up that everyone has a day off from school & work?  It could be the game is trying but it's not sending notices which might be solved by watching city hall that day and trying to get the "go to gradauation" command to happen.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:50:19 AM »
Both Kestrel and Pigeon went to their Prom. I can't recall right now if either of them even have the graduation robes in their wardrobe that may not be relevant but you just don't know.
I know that I got a message for Kestrel saying that she was needed at city hall,I think she was at the library at the time,anyway the rest of the family all went to city hall but Kestrel didn't I am pretty sure that I didn't cancel the action she just didn't go.

With Pigeon she graduated on a Friday and had her birthday on the Saturday morning. This time there was no pop up at all and it has been a couple of Sim weeks since she graduated.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 10:56:02 AM »
I was doing some quick research this morning to see what was said on other websites and someone mentioned that graduation can sometimes happen up to a week after the birthday.   I would keep checking city hall maybe.  It may have to do with the fact that Pigeon was the only one to age up that week.   It was mentioned as a possible glitch that graduation won't happen if it's only one Sim.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 03:26:41 AM »
The longest I have waited for graduation was 5 days. They aged up on Saturday and graduation didn't happen till Thursday. I didn't get a pop up, just kept checking City Hall. If I don't play a legacy game I always age up some of the kids high school friends, so they can graduate together, when I do that I never have to wait for graduation.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 12:33:24 PM »
I had the same thing Ratchie described - we got the popup that today was graduation day and we'd all need to go to city hall, and everyone got the day off work and school, but there was no graduation ceremony and the graduate doesn't have a diploma or the option to change into robes. Perhaps the problem was that I jumped the gun? Everyone had a lot of needs to take care of so I just piled the whole family into the motive mobile at 8:30 AM and went to City Hall to wait. By 2:00 the option to attend the ceremony still hadn't appeared and I gave up.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »
Usually when I get the pop up, I do the same thing as you cathy.  I pop everyone into the motive mobile and take them to City hall.  Then when I get to city hall, I click on City Hall itself for the graduate and say "Graduate at City Hall".  I don't do it before then.  Usually takes the game like 30 in game minutes to figure out what I want and rush the candidates to the City Hall but I haven't not come out with a diploma yet.

I did recently come out without an award.  Well the child got Class Valedictorian but no "Most likely to".   Could it have been because she had already finished her LTW?  I think that's a different topic though.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 04:39:19 PM »
I was periodically clicking on City Hall and "Graduate At City Hall" never came up.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 04:50:28 PM »
Someone said that it's possible for the rabbit hole to get bugged.  So maybe before your next graduation, swap out just the rabbit hole portion of City Hall in whichever town you're playing and see if that causes it to come back up.