Author Topic: Generations?  (Read 2257 times)

Offline EquineSim

• Llama Wrangler
Generations?
« on: June 07, 2012, 02:48:57 AM »
So I know roughly some of the things your sims can do in Generations, boarding school, pranks etc. But I really want to know what it is like to play ts3 with Generations installed. I have ambitions, WA, pets and high end loft, and when I bought pets that was the one ep I was so keen to get.
But thinking back, at the shop, they had pets, showtime, generations and late night. Now I'm wondering if I should have gotten one of them, because they seem so much better. In saying that, before I got it, pets seemed the best ep ea had made yet. So I know its a matter of opinion, but should I get generations, or get showtime or late night next? Which would be better???
I don't usually make my sims travel, but I do have reasonable sizes families and throw a lot of parties-and single sims who do professions like ghost hunter and architect.    Could someone please give me some insight to generations, late night and showtime?? particularly generations! thanks :-)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
Re: Generations?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 04:13:51 AM »
Have you read the guide yet for each of them. it'll help you make up your mind.

Generations: your kids will probably receive an Imaginary Friend (IF) in the mail, that they can turn real with a potion from the chemistry table or by taking a rainbow jewel to the science center. Some players have their sims marry their IF.

Late Night: vampires and celebrities. If your not keen on either of those, I suggest you skip Late Night. New career is being a film star or a Distinguished director of films. The addition of clubs for dancing.

Showtime: 3 new careers, genies and the ability to send your sim to another sim's game for performing. You can also chat onliine with your friends.

That's only the barbones for each.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 07:52:02 AM »
Out of the three Late Night is my favorite.

I love LGR rviews, here is the one for showtime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjD6MIbmGc8

Late Night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k2Qsn-ZWQU

Generations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Awwne_NpJQ

The reviews are pretty funny but you do get a view of actual game play and some of the features.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:53:46 AM »
If you really want to know how people feel about certain expansions, most of the boards associated with these expansions has a "First Impressions" thread that can often lead to some good info on the actual expansion pack.   This forum is attached to the best Sims 3 guide out there (personal opinion but should be fact) and it also goes into detail everything that comes with each one as well.   There are a lot of "which EP would you choose" threads out there that could also be read for information if the original poster mentioned one of the EPs you were looking for.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline EquineSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 07:45:45 PM »
Okay thanks everyone :-)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 09:43:46 PM »
If you like playing families and having parties, I recommend Generations. That is the most realistic addition to the game, in my opinion. I enjoy having pillow fights, giving flowers, bachelor/bachelorette parties, more realistic weddings, tree-houses, graduation, water slides, the list goes on and on.
Late Night is all right, I like the Film career and Bridgeport is fun to play in, but having celebrities and vampires everywhere gets on my nerves sometimes. I wish I could turn those features off. How much sense does it make to have celebrities and vampires living in Riverview?!
I just got Showtime, so I haven't played with it too much, but I do enjoy the genie feature very much. Their magic powers to clean the house and Sims instantly, ensorcel Sims, and summon food come in very handy. It's like cheating without cheating! I am looking forward to having singer Sims and that, having the Diva and Natural Born Performer traits will be fun for making a selfSim, but like I said I haven't played too much with that yet.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

anything