Author Topic: Downloading Sims 3 onto a Mac using a disk  (Read 2414 times)

Shulme

Downloading Sims 3 onto a Mac using a disk
« on: June 17, 2012, 10:25:28 AM »
I have a mac computer that has an update of 10.7.4 and the Sims 3 disk says that it will work for mac os x 10.5.7 or higher. This means that it should download, but whenever I put the disk into my computer, it comes back out and doesn't even give the option to download.

How would I go about installing it because I do not understand what is wrong

Offline sharpsiren

• Townie
Downloading Sims 3 onto a Mac using a disk
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 10:27:21 AM »
Is it possible the disk is scratched? Do other disks work in the drive?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Shulme

Re: Downloading Sims 3 onto a Mac using a disk
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 10:38:58 AM »
Is it possible the disk is scratched? Do other disks work in the drive?

The disk is not scratched because it works on my desktop, but on my laptop, it won't work

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 11:10:13 AM »
I used to have a problem with my Mac where it wouldn't accept a disc until I put it in several times.  Trying spinning the CD and putting it.  Do other discs work for the Mac?  Can you put in a movie and it play automatically?  It should work just as you said.  The disc should go into the slot and stay there to allow installation. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Shulme

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 11:18:47 AM »
I used to have a problem with my Mac where it wouldn't accept a disc until I put it in several times.  Trying spinning the CD and putting it.  Do other discs work for the Mac?  Can you put in a movie and it play automatically?  It should work just as you said.  The disc should go into the slot and stay there to allow installation.

I tried spinning it in and it didn't work. I do not currently have a different disc with me besides the expansion packs, so i can't test if there is something wrong with my disc drive. Anyone else has other suggestions?

anything