Author Topic: In The Dark-Newest Log-The End  (Read 41056 times)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
Re: In The Dark-Newest Log-Kali's Heartbreak
« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2012, 11:15:50 AM »
Log 23-Please Jill
   My bare feet clang on the bridge as I run. I see Jill's house, with each stride I come closer. My side hurts, and my feet beg me to stop. But I can't. I have to get to Jill. I pound on her door, my heart going a million miles a minute.
   Jill opens the door and I push past her. "Shut. The. Door!" I breath. "Kali. Is. Coming. And. She. Wants. To. Kill. Me." Jill nods and slams the door shut and flips all the locks. "Do you have the envelope?" She asks, striding across the room. I nod and toss her the paper thin envelope.
   Jill presses a button and the wall opens up. I stare amazed as a... a... I don't know what comes out of the wall. Jill steps onto the platform and rips the envelope open, she places the small zip block on the stand and flips through the book rapidly.
   A white mist begins to form. It makes me dizzy, so I take a seat.

The mist goes up to throat, and it smells, odd. I watch Jill work, her head bent in concentration.
The mist is starting to become fog. Making it hard to see. Jill mutters something under her breath as she works.

Finally, she steps away. A bag in her hand. She sprinkles some of it on my hands before taking a seat across from me. "Halie, I need you to think of home, of before, of after. Of all the good things that have happened and all your pain and frustration."
   I think of my life, full of love, pain and time. Jill chants, but I can't understand what she's saying.
   But as I watch, the horror of what she's doing settles in. She's wasting her life on fixing this.
   One moment, she looks young and lively.

The next, laugh lines appear around her eyes.

And, then, she looks old. It's so sad. Her eyes look exhausted, her hair drained.

She lurches forward and I run to catch her.
"Thank you." She croaks. "No, thank you. You didn't have to do that." I say, my eyes welling up in tears. "Halie, thank you." Jill smiles. "I'm glad I got to help you. I've lived beyond my time. But I must warn you, Halie, with success comes sacrifice. You will lose something that matters to you. I am so sorry." "Shh," I tell her, don't worry.""You must go, Kali is coming. Stay strong." Jill's eyes close and a single tear slips down my cheek.
I leave her in her chair. I want to do more, but I can't. I walk out of the house, and into the sunshine. Everything feels wrong. Like the day has been going on much too long.

I get into the car, hoping Jill wouldn't mind. I just don't think I can walk home. Sleepiness has settled over me like a layer of dust, and I know I shouldn't even be driving.

I pull up in front of the rental house and stagger inside. I fall back on the couch, and just before sleep takes me, Jill's voice comes back to me.

But I must warn you, Halie, with success comes sacrifice. You will lose something that matters to you. I am so sorry......

I hope you liked the update, and please tell me what you think!

Louise56

« Reply #151 on: November 05, 2012, 02:17:34 AM »
I wonder what she will loose and what will happen when she wakes up.
Awesome update as always!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
« Reply #152 on: November 05, 2012, 03:38:36 PM »
I'm very intrigued! Poor Jill. At least she got to do something good and help someone. I have a feeling I know what's coming, but I might be wrong. :-\

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #153 on: November 05, 2012, 03:46:34 PM »
I wonder what she will loose and what will happen when she wakes up.
Awesome update as always!
Thanks, Louise. The end will be very surprising
I'm very intrigued! Poor Jill. At least she got to do something good and help someone. I have a feeling I know what's coming, but I might be wrong. :-\
, I hope.
I'm interested to know what you think, and to see whether it's what I have planned. I'll have the last log up tomorrow!

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
Re: In The Dark-Newest Log-Jill Please Help
« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2012, 06:18:57 PM »
Thanks, Louise. The end will be very surprising, I hope.
I'm interested to know what you think, and to see whether it's what I have planned. I'll have the last log up tomorrow!

Oh, I'm very excited! But also kind of sad because it's going to be over... :( At least there's still your other stories to look forward to!

I'll tell you what I think is going to happen in a PM, just in case. ;)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2012, 06:28:05 PM »
Oh, I'm very excited! But also kind of sad because it's going to be over... :( At least there's still your other stories to look forward to!

I'll tell you what I think is going to happen in a PM, just in case. ;)
I'm sad it's going to be over, too. But these characters may come back later, so keep in eye out!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2012, 05:11:02 PM »
I love the way you wrote that. It was exciting and fast moving. I'm sad to see this story reaching the end though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2012, 06:13:56 PM »
I love the way you wrote that. It was exciting and fast moving. I'm sad to see this story reaching the end though.
Thanks, Spork. I'm going to try and have the update hopefully tomorrow and at the latest Sunday. I have family visiting so my Sim time has been very short.  :(

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2013, 04:23:16 PM »
I'm so sorry for the lack in updates. I've been so busy, that Sims has been less of a priory. I'm getting back into playing now. Again, I am sorry, and I hope to this weekend update all my stories.
[I'll be posting this notice on all of them]

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
Re: In The Dark-Newest Log-The End
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2013, 03:05:16 PM »
Log 24-The End
My eyes fly open, expecting to see the little rental house. Instead, people encircle my bed. Julie, Tommy, Kayla, Benjamin, Sophie, and Warren.Then it hits me full force, I'm in the school. No. This can't be happening. It can't! This is all a dream. I pinch my arm to prove it, but it hurts.

I start to panic, "What . . . Year is it?" I stutter.

Julie frowns, "2013."

I cover my face with my hands. “Your wrong, it's 2714!" I whisper into my hands.

"Hailey?" his voice makes me crawl out of my cave slowly. 

“Warren!" I cry, I grasp his hand, he holds on awkwardly, as if resisting the urge to pull away. Then the truth dawns on me, I pull my hand back to my chest. "You don't remember?" I ask him, and only him. Everyone else gives us weird looks. Warren shakes his head, "You don't remember talking to me? That night? Then escaping, living in that little house, seeing light, meeting everyone again? Then-" I stop. He looks at me like I'm an alien. I start to cry, "You were my rock, you held me together. You told me you loved me, and would forever and ever and that you'd never let harm come to me." I sob.

Now all the glances focus on me. “You were married, and had a daughter her name was Shirley!" I tell Kayla and Tommy.

“And you guys," I say, pointing to Julie and Benjamin, "Were married, you had twin boy nooboos, Alan and Russell.”

"Sophie, you were engaged."

"Warren," You were married to me, we had a beautiful baby girl. Named Marley, with your gorgeous grey eyes I fell in love with and my blond hair that you loved so much. Shirley lived with us too. You loved me, you loved me, I cry in my head, "you loved me," escapes from my mouth. Tears fall faster down my cheeks.

“Told you she was a weirdo, must have fallen harder than we thought." Kayla says.

I jump out of bed and pounce on her. "Your horrible!" I scream as they hold me back. "You lied to your daughter, she hated you! She lived with me, and loved me more then she would ever have loved you. You ran off to Bridgeport, with Tommy, too ashamed to do anything else!"

She looks at me, "told you she was crazy. She’s living proof that I was right."

I crumple to the ground, weak and empty. Marley never existed, Shirley never existed. I was never married to Warren. He never told me all those sweet things that kept me alive. I cry harder and harder, wanting to disappear into the floor. Light comes in from the window, "what happened?" I ask to the general area where they all stand, laying on the floor. No intention of getting up.

“During class, you blacked out. And you've been out for a week now, but you'd murmur random things as you sleep, and laugh and smile. You seemed really happy." Sophie says gently.

I cry harder, they’re telling me that what I just lived, for the past 702 years, was fake. "Warren," I whisper. He sits down on the floor next to me. "You were my rock, you kept me together. Thank you." he nods. "I love you." I whisper. His face looks shocked, I jump off the floor, put my hand on his shoulder and run out of the room. Realizing just how stupid I was to ever believe someone like him could ever love me.

"Hailey!" Warren cries. I run down the stairs and out of the front of the school. The grass tickles my feet and I run.

"What are you doing?" Benjamin ask as I run past him and the others, sitting on the steps. Where they have been since they all followed me out here.

"I'm running laps around the school, to make 702 years go past." I say in between deep breaths.

"Why?" He asks, confusion on his face.

"Because I like that year better." I reply.

They groan as I complete another lap. I feel stronger and lighter as I run. I swerve to miss running into Tommy, but he catches me anyway.

"Hailey, stop running." I stop, " Come here," he holds his arms out and I fall into him.

"Tommy!" Kayla yells. "what do you think your doing?!?!"

"Helping a friend.” He replies, ignoring her glare.

"Hailey, what's wrong? The last time you ran laps around your house was when your dad passed."

I whisper to him everything that happened, including Warren.

"Oh, Hailey." he says gently. "I'm so sorry, sweet. You don't deserve what happened to you."

I nod, and hang my arms to my side. They hit my pocket, a square is in my pocket. I pull my phone out, and scream at the image. But out of fear. It's Marley and Shirley. And when I unlock the phone and scroll brought the pictures, and I start dancing. All the picture I took are there and I start to cry again when I see the copies from the wedding that hasn't happened, and may never.

I show Tommy the pictures. Proving that it all happened. All of it wasn’t fake, I smile so big it hurts.

Tommy looks at something behind me, nodding, just as I feel a hand on my shoulder. I whip around to find Warren.

He pulls me into a tight embrace, and it just feels so natural. I feel my shoulder getting wetter and wetter with every breath he takes, like he’s . . . crying. He pulls away, and puts his forehead against mine, “I love you, Hailey,” he whispers, his eyes bright with tears.

He leans closer, “I remember Hailey, I remember all of it.”

Well, there you have, the end of In The Dark. I hope you all enjoyed the story as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thanks again to all my readers.
-Sadie

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2013, 03:44:13 PM »
I just wanted to add, that I'm not sure if this is the complete end. I might add one, last log to say what happens a few years later, and maybe throw in some sort of cliff hanger  :P.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2013, 11:23:51 AM »
I remember reading this as a newbie, then was away for a long time and back again:)!

Was having a great read, the ending was rather, well abrupt but very sweet!

Congratulations!

Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2013, 03:54:57 PM »
I remember reading this as a newbie, then was away for a long time and back again:)!

Was having a great read, the ending was rather, well abrupt but very sweet!

Congratulations!
I know it was abrupt, I've been having extreme writers block, and was debating wether to finish. I thought it would be better to finish it kind of abrupt, rather than not at all. I hope you still liked it  :)