Author Topic: In The Dark-Newest Log-The End  (Read 40275 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
In The Dark- Newest Log- Running
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2012, 10:55:34 AM »
You're welcome :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: In The Dark- Newest Log- Running
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2012, 12:27:26 PM »
This is really good, I'm looking forward to more. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2012, 12:58:10 PM »
This is really good, I'm looking forward to more. :)
Thanks! I am glad that it's interesting! It's fun for me to think of what to throw at our characters next!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2012, 04:48:07 PM »
"Hailey!" A voice screamed after me, it was trying to catch me, but it can not. "Hailey!" It cried again, I kept running. Drowning out the voice. You can not run for ever, the voice in my head told me. Not forever, but close to it. I replied back to it. The voice was right, I don't think I even got five miles before my foot hooked on the uneven pavement and I fell on my knee. Get up! The voice in my head yelled. No, I replied to it. I just want to sit, whoever it is that the real voice belongs to can find me. "Hailey..." They said out of breath, I look up and meet his gray eyes. "Leave me alone." I mumble. But he helps me to my feet anyway, and I see Sunset Valley. Different, modern. Lost of it's old charm. Beaten down and remolded. "Look what I've got," Warren said, holding out a folder to me. I take it gently take it into my hands, and slide open the cover. A gasp catches in my throat, "What?" Sheets, full of names and dates and information. The first one makes my jaw drop.
Name: Kayla Salt   New Name: Ayala Salt
Housing: The Old Alto House  Spouse: Tommy Wendell

"So Ayala is Kayla?" Warren nods, " Read the next one."
Name: Benjamin Pole New Name: Benji Pole
Housing: Old Jolina House  Spouse: Julie Thompson

They are five other sheets in the folder."So, are they alive?" I ask, fingers crossed. "It appears so." He says, grinning, slightly. "Then lets go see them." I remember Jamie, she was nice I guess. Her house was down the street from mine, my second home. I lead Warren, and we stare wide eyed at all the changes. We get glances as well, I guess we look out of place. Or should be in school. I hesitate at the front door of the house. I am used to running up and the door being open, Jamie making cookies or reading a book. But Jamie isn't alive and no longer lives here, Benjamin does. I press the button before I can chicken out. The door swings open, Julie stands smiling. She looks older, she isn't a teen. She's at least twenty by the looks. "Hailey?" She ask, I nod. She throws her arms around me, I was never never one for hugs. But I let Julie hug me. "Who's at the door?" Benjamen's voice asks. "Why don't you come and see!" She says. Benjamen comes and stares wide eyed at us. "Warren? Hailey?" He asks, looking confused. I nod and he comes and man hugs Warren. Julie invites us inside. "What happened to you guys? How did you get out?" I ask, I want answers, I need them. She bounces on the balls of her feet, something Julie has always done. "Why don't I call them and we can tell you all together?" I nod and she flips her phone out of her pocket. She makes a few calls, saying "Just come over, quick!". Soon many people stand in their living room, hugging us. We all sit on the furniture that Benjamen and Warren arranged.

"So, " Sophie says nervously. How are you?" I almost say fine, but I don't. Because I am not fine, I am a emotional wreak. Warren just shrugs his shoulders and his eyes  meet mine, I hope he saw my eyes thanking him. Kayla stares at us, her face is cold, with a hidden emotion. Guilt. Suddenly, I'm on my feet. I don't remember deciding to do that. "You," I say pointing at Kayla. "You lied to us." My voice sounds hurt, because I am hurt. "I didn't want to lie." Kayla says softly. "Yeah sure," Then Kayla is on her feet. "I had to!" She yells. " I couldn't say that I was Kayla in front of Dale and Becky.
   "Well, Shirley's sitting over there. You told her, right?" I glance at Shirley, she looks hurt and confused, two feeling I have been having a lot and come to know. She glares at her mother. "Mommy!" She yells standing up. "You told me you weren't Kayla! You lied to me! I....I.....I hate you!" She screamed. She ran out the back door, Kayla made no move to follow her. "See what you have done?" I ask her, turning on my heal and following Shirley. She's standing near the back of the fence, her face turned away from the house. She looks over her shoulder to see me, her face softens and she wipes away the tears from her eyes. "I can't believe my mom lied to me,". "I can't believe it either." I stand next to her and put my arm around her shoulders awkwardly. I don't know how to comfort her. But I guess it helps because she sniffles back tears. "Thank you." she tells me. "For what?" "For making my mom tell the truth. Sure it made me cry, but now I know." She's one tough little girl, I would still be crying. Either that or a sixteenth of the way to Bridgeport. "You are a brave little girl and smart too." I tell her, I don't know why I said it. I don't even know if it's true, but it feels like the right thing to say.  Eventually, I bring her back inside. Warren looks and me and mouths, "Are you guys okay?" I nod and sit next to him, Shirley"s eyes seem to spit fire at Kayla. She comes to sit down on my lap. Everyone stares at Shirley, and she shrinks back to me. "Shirley," Kayla starts to say. "I don't care." Shirley says. "Leave me alone." She puts her head against my shoulder, I put my arms around her and rock back and forth a little. "Now, I, we, have told you our journey. Tell us yours." Warren says. They all look at each other, as if deciding whether to tell him. "I don't have all day" Warren says impatiently.
  Sophie starts. "Well, we found your letter, the one Hailey wrote. We decided to come after you guys. So we prepared to leave. We packed what ever we wanted to bring and what we needed. Then we opened up the doors and we were greeted with fog. The fog was cold and it twisted it's way around and around. It was cold, freezing. Scary and uninviting. But we continued anyway. We decided to leave, so we were leaving. I don't know how far we walked, it seemed like forever, Is till feel the fog." She whispers. Julie picks up where she left off. " We walked fro a very long time, when we came to a spot where the air seemed freer and the fog moved a bit more. When we heard a voice. A chilling, sends chills up your body, voice. Then we saw her, at the far end of the room. Smiling at us.
She was clothed in white, from head to two, it seemed she emerged from the fog itself. The only color was her blood red lips. 'Hello children.' She said grinning, a grin of hate and loathing. 'It seems you found a way to escape. How clever you are! Just. How. Clever.' She spit out the words. Then she grinned again. "In a moment, I will be gone. You will be left, a door will apear. And you will continue one. Ruining my plANS.' She turned away from us, walked and disappeared into the fog.

We stood there, gasping. But true to her word, a door appeared and we went through it. We were all immediate thrown to the ground. Sitting up, dazed, we all realized we were in front of the school. Then another lady appeared. But her voice was sweet, she smiled at us. But it seemed to pain her.

She was clothed in black. Her eys were black. 'You made it out,' she said with her pained smile. 'Good, that's good.' Then she handed us a folder, 'Take this, read it, learn, live by it. Then hide it. It will help you fit in. Best of luck.' And she was gone. Disappeared into the night. So we followed the instructions in the folder. Then hid it."   
 "Not good enough!" Kayla said annoyed, "Because they found it." I ignored her. "How long have you been here?" I ask.
"Six years....."

Hope you liked the update! Feel free to comment and tell me what you think!

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
Re: In The Dark- Newest Log- How We Got Here
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »
Oh dear! At least Hailey and Warren reunited with the rest of the kids, even if it's been six years for the others. But now I wonder who those women are! Great update. I love the pictures with the lady in white.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
Re: In The Dark- Newest Log- How We Got Here
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2012, 05:09:14 PM »
Oh dear! At least Hailey and Warren reunited with the rest of the kids, even if it's been six years for the others. But now I wonder who those women are! Great update. I love the pictures with the lady in white.
Thanks! I love that picture too!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
Re: In The Dark- Newest Log- How We Got Here/Log 11
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2012, 05:55:07 PM »
I'm glad everyone is together once again. But those women are awfully spooky.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2012, 05:59:33 PM »
I'm glad everyone is together once again. But those women are awfully spooky.
They were really fun to make! I might have an update tonight, the story is nearing it's end.

loveSims

« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2012, 04:23:35 AM »
I wonder who the two woman is and what the plan is the woman in white talked about. But I'm glad they are safe, I hope they are save!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2012, 10:06:33 AM »
I wonder who the two woman is and what the plan is the woman in white talked about. But I'm glad they are safe, I hope they are save!
Time will only tell! I should be able to have an update soon, at the latest this afternoon/evening. Since I want to include pictures!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2012, 10:28:58 PM »
  Six years is a long time, I realized. Long enough to forget small things, and remember others. They all stayed to eat dinner with us, and Julie and Banjiman were nice enough to let Warren and I stay in their guest room for the night, till we could get our own house. Shirley stayed by side the whole time. Kayla and Tomy seemed uncomfortable, of course they should, they daughter just threw a very well deserved tantrum. They were the first to leeave, "Come on Shirley," Kayla siad, speaking for the fist time in a few hours. It's time to go." Shirley shook her head, "I want to stay with Hailey, she loves me." Kayla looked at her daughter, appalled. "I love you too, sweetheart." She said, trying to smile. But her lip quivered into a frown. Shirley shook her head, her blond hair twirling around her face. "No you don't, if you loved me you would have told me you were Kayla." Kayla looked at her daughter, pain clear in her eyes. She held her head high and looked away. Tommy tapped his feet nervously. "Well, I guess she could have a sleepover of some sort with Hailey for tonight." Kayla didn't respond. Shirley's face lit up like a light bulb and she smiled. "Thank you Daddy!" She squealed. She got off my lap and hugged him before skipping back to me. They left and soon Sophie left as well, to go home alone. Then we all fell asleep, Shirley with the biggest smile I had ever seen on her face. The next morning, we bought a house. A lovely modern home, still with it's old charm for 2012.
Two years later.
  I thought six years was a long time, two has proven to be enough. We have all gone our separate ways, in a way. Julie and Benjamen have been happily married for two years, they have twin boys, both toddlers and they are expecting a little girl nooboo in the Fall.
  Sophie meet a man, his name is Charlie Alto. He proposed to her about a month ago. So Sophie is now planing a wedding.
Tommy and Kayla have gone quite a bit away. They moved to Bridgeport shortly after we returned. They just so happened to get job opportunities there, an offer then couldn't refuse. But they both agreed it would be unfair to take Shirley away from her friends and I am now her official guardian, well, me and Warren are.
As for Warren and I, we couldn't be happier. We've been married for roughly a year. We have a beautiful little girl nooboo. Her name is Marley, she has my blond hair and Warren's gray eyes. I seemed to have misplaced her picture, I will make sure I add one later. Technically I a, the mother of two, Shirley and Marley. They get along so very well, and they bring happiness to my life every day.
  But, what happened yesterday still sticks in my head. I had just put Marley to bed and Shirley, now eight, was getting ready to go to bed. Her first day of third grade was the very next day. The doorbell rang, so I ran off to answer it so it wouldn't wake Marley, she's not very easy to put to bed! I opened the door to a very strange sight, a lady, clothed in black. Her eyes should have been empty, black pits, but they seemed so full of life. Smiling even. I walked out to the patio to speak with her, shutting the door behind me. "Who are you?" I asked as kindly as I could, I was tired myself. Taking care of a toddler was no easy task. "I'm Oma. It means life." She says. She glances nervously side to side. "May I come in? I need to speak with you." For some reason I felt like I needed to let her in, but on the other hand, she was a complete stranger. And my family was inside. "I just put my daughters to sleep, I wouldn't want to wake them." She nods. "I understand. Then meet me tomorrow, at noon at the pier. I will wait for you." And she is gone, melted into the night. Her image doesn't leave my mind.

I am sorry to say, but this evening till the beginning of August, basically the month of July, I will not have access to my computer with this saved file. Which means no updates for either of my stories. But in August you will know what the mysterious lady, Oma needs and much, much more! Thank you to all my faithful readers and I hope when I continue that you will be happy to read more! Thanks again,
Sadie

I might be able to have a short update, but with no pictures since I won't have the game.

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
Re: In The Dark- Newest Log- Where we are now/Log 12
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2012, 12:31:44 PM »
I'm so sorry that we won't be hearing from these characters for a while. :( I will wait patiently, though! I'm very curious about Oma.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2012, 12:53:35 PM »
I'm so sorry that we won't be hearing from these characters for a while. :( I will wait patiently, though! I'm very curious about Oma.
Aw, thank you. Like I said I might do short post with no pictures on whats going on with the other families if I get the chance to.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2012, 01:41:44 PM »
Everything seems good for the group right now. Its a good part to take a break from posting.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2012, 03:52:15 PM »
Everything seems good for the group right now. Its a good part to take a break from posting.
Thanks. I wanted to leave it suspensefull but not too suspensful!