Author Topic: Daycare Profession: NPC toddlers and kids keep dying  (Read 8155 times)

Offline Laida

• Llama Wrangler
Daycare Profession: NPC toddlers and kids keep dying
« on: June 19, 2012, 08:47:58 AM »
I wanted to try Daycare Profession since it looked fun, so I got my premade sim, Laurent who are a vampire, into this profession. He have been promoted to level 3 and four toddlers came to his home. About 1 o'clock the toddlers suddenly died. Some died of starvation, some of disease and once a child died of age!
I shows some pics as proof

It ended with that my sim gained none experience and it annoyed me pretty much. And these toddlers are creepy! x_x

Is it some bug or something that I can fix or?

Ah, a thing more, children of parents who indeed lives in the neighboor, doesn't dying, only the NPC children..

Offline Rose

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Daycare Profession: NPC toodlers and kids keep dying
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 12:14:58 AM »
I'm not sure, but this looks like a bug. Those weird sim/adult hybrids do crop up from time to time as a weird glitch. Are you using any CC or mods?  Those can affect gameplay.

Out of curiosity, how are the toddlers dying of disease?

Not sure how to fix it, though.  Has this happened again?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 12:18:58 AM »
My first thought is mods and third party content, too.  Did the toddlers look like that all the time?  Or just at the time of death?  Sims don't die of disease, so I'm not sure what you mean with that one.  What happened the next day when it was time to start work?  Did new toddlers show up?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 02:24:09 AM »
Its defiantly CC, one of toddlers is wearing red jeans, is that possible?  :o

Offline Laida

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 04:36:34 AM »
Or just at the time of death?  Sims don't die of disease, so I'm not sure what you mean with that one.
Whoops! I definitely forgot that TS3 didn't have disease as cause of death! ;D I continued to play TS2 and there a sim died of disease, and then I got stuck with it :P

Well, I just have Nraas StoryProgession and StoryProgression Extra as mods in my game.
Nope, when these toddlers died, they died like as adults and get tombstone. New NPC toddlers came and they died. Day after, new NPC toddlers came and none died. It happens not every time.
This did that I gave up Daycare Profession.

Warr2098; What is CC? :)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 04:48:15 AM »

CC is custom content, like clothing that is not from the store or in game, but something that someone has made.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 04:52:07 AM »
Turns out warr beat me to it, but here's a bit more information.

I'm not warr, but CC comes in Three Forms. It is also short for "Custom Content".

EA CC: These are items that were created by EA and can be found at www.store.thesims3.com. They are not perfect, but considered more stable than 3rd Party CC.
EA Partner CC: These are also created by EA, but are promotion items for a partner, like the Dr Pepper Promotion.
3rd Party CC: If someone doesn't specify what CC they are talking about, you should assume it's 3rd Party CC. These are items created by someone other than EA, which are uploaded to sites like ModTheSims. It's usually stable, but some CC can be dangerous to your game. My main file is Mod infested, pretty much, but I only have a few CC items, because they can damage your game.

A bit off-topic, but Pam, Rose, and warr asked if it was CC because of the baby stretching issue. Usually, toddlers are stretched if they wear clothing designed for Adults, but categorised for all ages, which means it may be there for Adults, but the creator messed up at a step and made it available for everybody.

Hope this helps. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Laida

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 05:58:42 AM »
Ah, it helps! ^^,

Well, I have some CC or 3rd party CC, I am not sure, however, if i deletes all CCs and then the problems are solved?
But, as you see, the two first pics, the toddlers wear clothing that is desgined for toddlers, so CC or 3rd party CC is not the main problem?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 05:32:01 PM »
Ah, it helps! ^^,

Well, I have some CC or 3rd party CC, I am not sure, however, if i deletes all CCs and then the problems are solved?
But, as you see, the two first pics, the toddlers wear clothing that is desgined for toddlers, so CC or 3rd party CC is not the main problem?

Deleting the 3rd party CC would be a good place to start.  That stuff can wreak havoc on a game, so it's possible that it's also the cause of the children dying.  I'm just guessing at that, really, but 3rd party CC can really be a mess.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 05:46:50 PM »
Deleting the 3rd party CC would be a good place to start.  That stuff can wreak havoc on a game, so it's possible that it's also the cause of the children dying. 

How does third party CC cause children dying? The mutant babies, yes, can cause problems, but, I've never heard of CC being the cause of children dying, or other glitches. If anything, (and I have personal experience), if the design is poor, and not done with effort (which causes the problem Seabody mentioned), the faulty CC will act as a virus, and spread to you game.

Also, I would try to stay away from the TS3 exchange, and stick with our Swap Shop. We have a strict rule about third party CC, and if any of us had CC in our uploads here, we'd be in deep trouble. Actually, we'd be banned.  O0

Offline Laida

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 06:17:55 PM »
Okay then, I will delete all CC files and report how it went with toddler-death-thing ^^'

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 07:13:05 PM »
How does third party CC cause children dying? The mutant babies, yes, can cause problems, but, I've never heard of CC being the cause of children dying, or other glitches.

If the CC modifies code in any way, the creator could have messed up and caused that glitch. Incidentally, that's how the infamous Girl Doll Dressed was created - the creator made a doll, then tried to add an interaction which was not her strong point. She messed up and thought she had thrown the messed up doll away. But she hadn't. She mistakenly uploaded the bad doll, and the Girl Doll Dressed virus was born.

(I call it a virus because it attached itself to all of your exports and uploaded itself with it, without your knowing. That's how it spread.)

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
Re: Daycare Profession: NPC toddlers and kids keep dying
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 06:18:42 PM »
I've had a kid (Ethan Parrot, I think) who's did the wierd streaching out, made himself dinner. Then went back to normal. I don't have any CC or mods and this happened. And those red jeans could be recoured from normal toddler jeans.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

anything