Author Topic: Something strange going on with imaginary friend.  (Read 3751 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Something strange going on with imaginary friend.
« on: June 20, 2012, 06:22:20 PM »
Chaffinch Simself has an imaginary friend which has been pretty much kept in her inventory since she was a child. Anyway while I was playing I noticed that she was doing the woot party thing and as there is nobody in the house with a birthday I zoomed in to see this.

According to my game the fellow with the yellow hair is Jumble Simself Chaffinch's imaginary friend. There are eight Sims in the house and I have not turned him real he does not appear in the panel at the side of the screen.

So I checked Chaffinch's inventory and her doll was still there. This is a shot of both Jumbles. Now that is what I call weird.

Has this ever happend to anyone else.
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Something strange going on with imaginary friend.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 08:14:11 PM »
That is weird. I have YA/Adult Sims who still have IF dolls in their inventories but none of them have turned elder, maybe it only happens then? Idk. I'll let you know if I see it.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 08:18:57 PM »
The weird thing is that there are two jumbles,doll jumble and man jumble at one and the same time. Plus he escaped out of Rachels inventory. Yeah he wasn't even in Chaffinches inventory I put all the dolls in Rachels inventory for safe keeping but somehow the doll ended up in Chaffinches inventory. I am almost tempted to age Jumble up to see what happens but I don't know if he can blow out candles.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 02:21:59 PM »
I've randomly seen human versions of sim's imaginary friends standing across the street from the sim's house.  Also occasionally a human version would show up in the relationship pannel, while the sim was out of the house. 

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 04:50:21 PM »
I actually had this happen with a just because file I was playing, but when I turned the IF real, he looked nothing like the supposed sim that had been wandering around for my sim's birthday.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 03:56:41 PM »
I recently moved my townie dynasty from Riverview to Sunset Valley, he was the last in his house and his IF doll had been in his bedroom since childhood after it never aged, so he sold the house and contents including the doll when he married, I saved him to the bin with an empty inventory, got to Sunset Valley and he had the doll, that's just creepy  :o

These dolls just wont let you get away it seems, even if you move town.