Author Topic: Unicorns in Starlight Shores?  (Read 6562 times)

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Unicorns in Starlight Shores?
« on: June 21, 2012, 01:23:11 PM »
I've been playing Starlight Shores for 27 sim days and looked every night for unicorn.  So far no unicorn has appeared.  I read somewhere that the chance of one appearing is 30% per night.  Is this the same in SS?  Are there any special conditions which need to be met to increase the chance of unicorns appearing?  Incidendly, I found that 30% chance was optimistic in Sunset Valley also, my sim waited 16 days in that location and then another two weeks before if returned.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Deckayder

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Unicorns in Starlight Shores?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 04:29:26 PM »
I've played Starlight Shores and found it pretty easy to find a unicorn, only a 3-4 day wait and sometimes less when I already have a relationship built. I've always found them at one of the fishing hole lots.

But I don't think it shouldn't take 27 days, there must be some kind of glitch.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Townie
  • Pool noodles are awesome!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 07:22:34 PM »
The fishing spot near the Buckshot household and where the equestrean center has unicorns all the time. I see unicorns there every 5-7 sim days.
I love rain!

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 09:31:17 AM »
Thank you SeaUnicorn, but, I have been scanning the entire map every night from 8 pm onwards.  But at least I now know there should be unicorns.  I guess my game is glitched and the only thing to do is ditch it and start again.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »
You are welcome Wai! What speed are you going on? If you are going on ultra speed then you will probaly miss it. Play on the normal speed and you might see the mist. If not you can try staying at the fishing spot all day.
I love rain!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 11:59:40 AM »
Your more likely to see unicorns later than 8pm. My sim saw the unicorn at the fishing hole around 4 am.

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 01:41:59 PM »
Okay I just thought of two other ideas that you could do. Start a game in Appalosa Plains and catch a unicorn there. When you catch your unicorn save yor household and bring them to Starlight Shores. Or you can 'live' at the fishing spot. What I mean by that is bring your sim to the fishing spot near the Buckshot household and take naps, eat fruit, use the fishing spot's bathroom and kind of live there. That way if there is no mist or signs of unicorns on the map you will find the unicorn at the fishing spot. Also, if you have used cheat codes in that town you are playing in unicorns probaly won't show up. I hope that helps!
I love rain!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »
Ah! SeaUnicorn,

That sounds like it might be the problem.  I don't use cheat codes as a matter of habit, but, I did cheat right at the start as I wanted to use a sim I had made previously for another game, but I wanted to change her lifetime wish for this game and couldn't be bothered to re-create her in CAS.  (Yes, I know I could have saved the sim in CAS when I first created her, but I didn't think about it at the time.)

Thank you MoMoll, for your suggestion, but when I said I had been scaning from 8 pm onwards, I meant that I was scanning more or less all night with my game running on normal speed.
 Lao-Tse

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 08:37:41 PM »
Wai, you should save your sim that you cheated on with the right life time wish and the add the sim to a new game in Starlight Shores.
I love rain!

Offline Saturn

• Mayhem Madam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • TaDaa!
    • Hall of Torque
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 01:12:36 PM »
This is what it looks like from the sky:

I just do a scan of the town around 3 am to look for the mist.

Each hood only gets 1 unicorn.  I used to think it mattered if you had unicorns in captivity that I went over the one limit but it does not.  Since then (I have 2 unicorn couples each with one baby) and I still see unicorns in the wild.  So, if you have one in captivity it does NOT count toward the town limit of one.  They have appeared in every hood I've played, btw.