Author Topic: Have you managed to get SimPort to work? and how?  (Read 2607 times)

furryjackal

Have you managed to get SimPort to work? and how?
« on: June 23, 2012, 02:00:33 AM »
Forgive me if this has been asked already but I haven't found it. I'm new to the site, here, bear with me.
I actually do enjoy the SimPort feature when I can actually get it to work. The problem is, I have only gotten it to work three times. I have no idea what I did right or wrong.

For those who've gotten it to work? What did you do? Do you have to have the recipient online, as well? No custom content? Any suggestions would be helpful. Yes I have a lot of custom content and Twallan mods. I've removed them, nothing. I've removed my content. Nothing, just so you have some info ahead of time.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Have you managed to get SimPort to work? and how?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 02:10:12 AM »
Simport is a little buggy. I have used it a number of times, mostly when the other player was also online. However, I have only been successful in sending singers and acrobats to someone else's game. For some unknown reason, when I try to send a magician, the other player usually gets a message to say that he must of taken a wrong turn or simply that it failed. I know other people have had the same trouble and I have hosted visiting performers both successfully and some ending in the same failure notices.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

furryjackal

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 08:53:35 AM »
Hmm... That's the only one I've attempted to send is a Magician. My friend managed to send a Singer to me.  I am going to attempt to send one of my singers next while both are online. It's funny with how much protesting there was about simPort initially, I really want to use it because I found it to be actually fun and alas, can't get it to work.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 09:32:53 AM »
At first, I got messages all of the time and simport worked great.  Now, I don't get messages anymore when someone posts on the wall.  If you know that someone is online and can send or receive their sims, it seems to work.  But, yes, it is still real buggy.  I wish they would fix it, because I really enjoyed watching other peoples sims.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline akeripper

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 06:39:18 PM »
the only time i have used it my magician stopped being interacatable. it did get solved almost, by going on a vacation trip, oh well ill just dream about having one of those reward costumes then.....