Author Topic: Is Windows XP good for simming?  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
Is Windows XP good for simming?
« on: June 24, 2012, 09:50:10 AM »
This may be a little silly question, but to tell the truth, I use my computer mainly to play The Sims 3, so figured why not ask this here. So:

I don't have problems running Sims 3 on my PC (it's about 2+ years old, but I have updated the graphics card), but lately I've been having more and more problems with my Windows Vista. I think I might need to format and reinstall to get it to work better again. I purchased this desktop with Vista Home Basic, but I also have XP installation discs... what if I installed XP instead of Vista? I know XP does run The Sims 3, but I haven't found any real comparison to other operating systems, like does it work as well as on Vista with several EPs installed. The specs of my computer are not a factor.

So, is anyone still playing on XP? How is it?

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
Re: Is Windows XP good for simming?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 10:04:56 AM »
Hey Noodles,

I've simmed on XP, Vista and Windows 7 and as long as your PC meets the requirements to run the game I don't see that it causes much of an issue. I am sure someone more technically minded will pop along later and add some more techie info.

This is only based on my many years of Simming and not on any more professional basis.

Have fun Simming!

AbyShep

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.