Author Topic: Riverview won't install.  (Read 14808 times)

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
Riverview won't install.
« on: June 27, 2012, 07:28:49 PM »
I was debating whether to put this in the technical help board or this board,  If it's in the wrong board, please move it.   Riverview won't install in my game.  It says that I'm missing content, or something like that.  I have Wa, Ambitions, Pets, LN, Generations, and no stuff packs.  Is there a certain stuff pack that I need?
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Riverview won't install.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 07:36:10 PM »
Riverview was free to download as soon as the game went live back 3 years ago.   I would delete your download of it, sign into your launcher, sign into the website and download it again.   There are a lot of problems now with the launcher and store downloads because they're trying to crack down on sharing the files.  Now all of your purchases are attached to your account in some way and the game you're playing has to be the registered base game associated with your account.  I've had to reinstall my entire TS3 collection 2 or 3 times one time just to get my stuff to install from the store.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 12:05:23 PM »
Coocoo girl - did you ever manage to solve this?

I formatted my C-drive and naturally had to do a complete reinstall on Sims, too, and after downloading all my Store content again, I noticed Riverview is the only thing that won't install! I get a notification about needing an update. I found posts about people getting this error with a fully patched, up-to-date game at the official forum, and the suggested fix was to download and install it trough the in-game store. I did this but it won't install.

I have deleted and redownloaded the file 3 times, it's always the same size and always gives the same error, so I don't think it is a downloading error / error with the file.
Any suggestions? :/

By the way, as I re-installed everything, I noticed I had been missing a lot of my purchased and installed store content from my game, without noticing! So there really seems to be some issues with the content, as Ricalynn explained.

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 06:29:19 AM »
CooCoo, I think in your case, the Riverview.world file must be unblocked to install it succesfully. Here's a direct download link with a mini program (No virus/spyware). The guide is in the ReadMe file. Let us know if you managed to install it.  8)

Care to give more details, DanBrunetu?
"Unblocked" from what/where?
What is this "mini program"? Why would we need another program to legally install store content?

Downloading something an anonymous person claims to not be spyware should not be trusted firsthand, I'm sure you understand DanBrunetu. :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:45:17 AM »
I am going to lock this thread until the other mods can have a look at it.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 11:37:18 AM »
Coocoo, do you have steam? We found people with issues installing store content here with some instructions.

Otherwise more details are needed. I wanted to look into this for you but searching for simply missing content comes up with loads of different problems. The exact error message as well as when it happens, the format your game is in, and what Os you are using could also help. I also wonder if Ricalynn's suggestion worked for you.

The tool that was linked here seems to facilitate piracy by unlocking files, which could then be used on any PC. I found the original source of the file, and they offered collections of Sims3packs, so that's not something I could allow the site to link to even without the wall of scantily clad Romanian women.

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 12:04:57 PM »
Noodles, is your problem if you trust this source or not. Till then, if your have another answer I'm waiting a solution from you to enlighten us all...

You seem to have misunderstood me. Everyone is 'anonymous' on the internet. Do you know what anonymous means? It has nothing to do with age or post count. It's the same with me; you can't be really sure who this 'Noodles' here is. It is nothing personal, to me or to you. I'm sorry if I offended you, I did not mean to. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 03:02:08 PM »
Oh my gosh, I quit trying to install riverview for a while, I guess I forgot it was sitting there, waiting to be installed!   I just tried to install riverview again, it actually says these exact words "Riverview Sims3Pack requires a software update. Please make sure your game has the latest software updates."  And then it added the annoying little Done!  When technically, it isn't done installing it.  Do they mean sims 3 patches?  Because my launcher says that I'm fully up to date,  I trust the launcher.  Oh well, it's not like I can't play the sims 3 without riverview!Lol.  I just turned a more serious situation into a laughing situation, err, right?
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 04:28:52 PM »
I don't like the term that you used, I'm not an anonymous person, I'm old enough on this forum despite the fact that I don't have many posts...
Suite yourself, I was trying to give a hand of help.  A lot of people had difficulty installing the Riverview.world and this fix was the only solution, no need to uninstall all the Sims 3 Expansions.
Noodles, is your problem if you trust this source or not. Till then, if your have another answer I'm waiting a solution from you to enlighten us all...

Your response is a bit harsh here.  Your age and number of posts have nothing to with what Noodles said.  Please ease up a little on this.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 04:20:58 AM »
Oh my gosh, I quit trying to install riverview for a while, I guess I forgot it was sitting there, waiting to be installed!   I just tried to install riverview again, it actually says these exact words "Riverview Sims3Pack requires a software update. Please make sure your game has the latest software updates."  And then it added the annoying little Done!  When technically, it isn't done installing it.  Do they mean sims 3 patches?  Because my launcher says that I'm fully up to date,  I trust the launcher.  Oh well, it's not like I can't play the sims 3 without riverview!Lol.  I just turned a more serious situation into a laughing situation, err, right?

It seems to mean patches.
Because I finally gave up and installed Showtime patches, and I managed to install Riverview, finally!

If your game is up to date and it still asks for updates, it might still need the tiny pathes for expansion & stuff packs, which are no longer automatically added (since Generations was released). Have you been manually patching WA, AMB, LN or stuff packs? I think they are not essentially required, because the launcher doesn't add them and I think most people run the game without them, and do not have any problems. But, if you are interested, you can find all the patches at Modthesims.info. If you click the patch number, you'll find links to download it on your computer and then you will need to manually run it from wherever it was saved to.