Author Topic: School bus late and showing up too far  (Read 6245 times)

WillGotti

School bus late and showing up too far
« on: July 04, 2012, 03:05:41 PM »
I don't know if this is the proper place but from other sites I saw it referenced on this EP. No one really answered the question on those sites. It was "me too" for having the problem and no solution. So, I have a family of 6 and a horse, 4 girls and the parents. One is a child and the other three are toddler triplets. I'm playing Hidden Springs by the lake at the bottom of the map. It's directly on the opposite side of the map from Fort Gnome Military Base on the other side of the mountains. Now the school is in the downtown area. It's 50x40 and I looked everywhere for someplace to move it. Only quick spot that's close to the house is a 64x64 where I set Plumbob Studios for another family that I made that has a distinguished director. Even if I moved the school there, I'd still have this problem I'm about to explain.

The child is on her first day of school and the bus shows up at 8:45am, she'll most definitely be late. On top of that the bus doesn't show up in front of their house. It shows up at a nearby neighbors' and the girl has to run up a small hill to get there. By that time it's 9am. I've tried rearranging the town but I'd have to pretty much knock down and move a bunch of buildings. The point is the bus showing up late, not showing up in front of the house and the kid having to run up a hill to get to the bus. I can already foresee a lot of problems when the triplets grow up to children and start school. So, even if I did rearrange the entire town, I don't think the bus would show up in front of their house. Anyone have any solutions? Or is this just a known problem? I'm thinking I might have to make the kid leave 2 hours early and bike it to school. I can see that's going to be tedious and I'll have to seriously micromanage when the other girls grow up.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: School bus late and showing up too far
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 08:09:02 PM »
Can you show us a screenshot of the location of your house?   When I was doing a game using the large empty lot in Hidden Springs, the bus was never late.  It never sat directly in front of the house but it was at one edge of my property and it was always there at 8:00 AM when it was supposed to be.

Do you use mods or CC?  It's a really random thing but I was wondering if you removed any or all of these items and did it still happen? 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

WillGotti

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 04:41:47 PM »
Can you show us a screenshot of the location of your house?   When I was doing a game using the large empty lot in Hidden Springs, the bus was never late.  It never sat directly in front of the house but it was at one edge of my property and it was always there at 8:00 AM when it was supposed to be.

Do you use mods or CC?  It's a really random thing but I was wondering if you removed any or all of these items and did it still happen?

I made an attachment with the map view and regular view at house level with descriptions. I do use mods. I use Twallan's MasterController, Overwatch and 4 more of his. I also have the LessStrayPets mod because I'm one of those players whose game generates a bunch of strays at my sims' homes. On average 6 strays all day everyday through the night constantly. I have CC but very little, about 15-20 things and that's it. Mostly a few cars from FreshPrince, several custom homes, a few tattoos, a Kindle and 3 video game cabinets. I also have the club hours mod for more sims at clubs since mine were pretty dead. Unhide hidden skills mod. I've run Delphy's tools and have no conflicts or duplicate files. My game itself doesn't have any problems since adding on the mods necessary for my game that I listed. Yea that's pretty much it in terms of mods and CC. I don't have too many. I have removed the mods and placed them to my desktop and the bus still came late and arrived at the neighbors' house up the hill. That house it arrives at so happens to be another sim I created and she has no kids.

EDITED: Images using images tags

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 04:45:05 PM »
Was that house there before or did you replace something else with it?     It is indeed strange about the bus.    When was the last time you cleaned out your cache files (everything but the ccmerged.package)?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 04:52:59 PM »
This is happening to me too but in AP. My suggestion is to just not use the bus. You could have one of their parents take them or if you don't mind using cheats then you could teleport them in front of the school. You could bike them to school but that would be a big hassle so I don't suggest it.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 05:00:14 PM »
@WillGotti:

Instead of attaching the image files, please use the image link code.  With Photobucket, you just click on Share, then Get Link Code.  The one you want is the one for full size for bulletin boards and forums at the bottom.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

WillGotti

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 05:22:48 PM »
@WillGotti:

Instead of attaching the image files, please use the image link code.  With Photobucket, you just click on Share, then Get Link Code.  The one you want is the one for full size for bulletin boards and forums at the bottom.

I didn't attach. I tried to but the system wouldn't accept jpeg just .zip, .rar, etc. I forgot to edit my first sentence before I opened up a photobucket account and posted the links. I'll do as you suggested from now on.

@Ricalynn - No the house wasn't there another default one was. The house and the house that it stops at are ones that I saved to the library from Starlight Shores and moved there. Both custom. I moved a few sims from Starlight Shores to Hidden Springs, this family with the kids included. Oh yea I cleaned my cache out before I started playing. I make a regular habit of doing that and cleaning the thumbnails folder.

@Alex - That's what I was thinking. That's why I said at the end of the OP that I think I might have to really micromanage the girls because of this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

WillGotti

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 08:05:31 PM »
I think I found the problem, I'm going to test it some more though. I need to figure out how to pave dirt roads first. I've found that the bus only stops in front of a sims house if the road is paved nearby. The road around my sims house I'm playing is unpaved as well as surrounding areas. When the sim child comes home, she gets off the bus and bikes it a few clicks home from the neighbors' house which has paved road nearby. I'll keep this thread posted on the matter.

anything