Author Topic: Game keeps stopping  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
Game keeps stopping
« on: July 07, 2012, 05:29:09 PM »
I've been playing this particular game for quite a while, and now it keeps stopping for about 10 seconds, working for 10 etc. The animations still work, the trees sway, the Zzzzs continue, the water in the fountain flows but everything else stops. It's really frustrating it was working fine.

I've got a new computer, with about 5GB free of RAM, a Geoforce GT 540 graphics card with an up to date driver, and an Intel(R) Core i7-2670QM  2.20Ghz with a turbo boost.

I put in a new park which I'm rather pleased with, lol. But I wondering if that's part of the problem. The thing is, when I first started playing on this machine the graphics were great in all the separate games I was playing. Now they aren't nearly as good. I'm not sure what's happened

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Game keeps stopping
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 09:52:45 PM »
What you describe is not uncommon.  I can't say for sure, but it could be a graphics card issue.  You didn't mention which expansion packs you have, but when Pets came out, it required a more powerful graphics card.  Do your issues line up with an installation of Pets?  Besides that, I'd recommend you do some cleaning and maintenance to your game and computer.  Look on our Technical Help board for instructions on various things you can do.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.