Author Topic: Aging Frozen  (Read 9851 times)

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
Aging Frozen
« on: July 09, 2012, 07:05:40 PM »
In one of my files, the aging in my current house has frozen.  I have aging on, of course, and the rest of the town seems to be aging correctly, but my house is just... stuck at the one age, the bar never moves.  I've had to resort to aging them manually after ticking off the days they've been at that life stage.  Every once in awhile, when I start up the game, they'll age a day, and then quit again.  It only started last night, so I'm wondering if it has to do with the recent patch.  Any ideas on what to do?

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
Re: Aging Frozen
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 07:22:36 PM »
Are you 100% sure you have aging on?  That's the only reason I know that it would just stop like that. :-[  Maybe it's some kind of story progression glitch.  Do any or all of your house members have the age freeze lifetime reward?  I wish I knew more, but I don't have very many serious glitches, soooo, I don't know about them very much.
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 07:45:35 PM »
It's definitely on, I double-checked it before posting.   None of them have age freeze, but one took a young again potion, and two of them got tattoos.  Even the dogs are frozen.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 07:48:56 PM »
Try going to edit town and evicting your family to the clipboard.Then move them back in to the same house again from the cliipboard.
I have had problems where my families ages have frozen and in some cases townies ages have frozen to.This has resolved it.

Hope it helps.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »
Try going to edit town and evicting your family to the clipboard.Then move them back in to the same house again from the cliipboard.
I have had problems where my families ages have frozen and in some cases townies ages have frozen to.This has resolved it.

Hope it helps.

Rachel
I think when it comes to family-problems in the Sims 3, that usually works 99% of the time.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 12:27:37 AM »
I hadn't thought about that, thanks for the suggestion!

I tried it, and it worked for a couple of sim-days.  Feisal aged up and Splotch aged up on the days they needed to, and then they all stopped aging again.  Marques has been feeding the dogs Gourmet food the whole time, did that get glitched?  Or is it a boarding school thing, do you think?  I took a risk sending one of the kids to boarding school after one of the girls in the last generation was never sent to hers, and everything's going well for her so far.  She just isn't aging like the rest of the house is.

It's irritating, I don't want to have to evict them and move them back in every couple of days, it almost has to be something going wrong.  Any other ideas I could try?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »
I've had this same problem, too.  Even evicting the family didn't help.  I'm baffled as to how to fix it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 06:56:42 PM »
Ha, definitely not a good sign then.  It's my DecaDynasty too, which is why I'm worried about it.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 11:13:24 AM »
You could ask Metro for permission to use Twallan's mods to check and see if this is what I had in my legacy. If you split off the save file and load it into a folder with MasterController, you can use the Status - Personal option to check if the aging flag is disabled or enabled. If it's disabled, then that's the problem with the sims and it can be fixed using a Debug Enabler interaction. If it's enabled, then it's a different glitch and I have no idea what to do with it.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 06:17:59 PM »
That was a great idea, thank you!

I asked him if I could do that and he said yes, so I went ahead and did it, and it worked for a day.  It seems as though only 1 of the sims in the house ever has the aging disabled on him when I check them all.  He's only ever had one tattoo, so it doesn't make sense for him to never age.  Would he be keeping everyone else stuck in their age as well, do you think?  As soon as possible, I'm going to try and move him in with his girlfriend to see if it fixes things.

Edit:
Alright, I moved out the guy who always seemed to have aging disabled whenever a new day rolled around.  It's still happening with the others.  Well, sort of.  The main panel will say some of them are stuck at 5 days until aging up, but when I go in with Debug, it'll say 4 more days, since it's the day after.  I'm so confused by this game sometimes...

thesweetestpea

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 08:52:18 PM »
You could try toggling the flag for everyone in town, which you can do at City Hall. If you disable it for 2 hours and then re-enable it, that might fix the aging.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 09:13:30 PM »
Sounds good, I'll try it.  Thanks for all your help so far!  I really appreciate everyone's suggestions, since I usually have no idea what I'm doing.