Author Topic: Rules: I am an Artiste! Project  (Read 4888 times)

Offline Krrank

• Neurotic Gamer
  • Llama Wrangler
  • like a pitbull on a pant leg, I can't let go...
    • How to CAW - The easy way
Rules: I am an Artiste! Project
« on: July 14, 2012, 05:11:37 AM »
This is a challenge I have come up with for persons that like to play solo, ambitious, career oriented Sims, rather than the family type games. There are quite a few artistic related skills and LTWs to play around with. I wrote this a while ago but never got around to playing it out. So here goes

Special thanks goes to Marwolfer who graciously helped me to test it out and make changes.

It's not quite error-proof yet, so feedbacks would be welcomed.
I will be updating my own stories too... I hope I finish it though.

NOTE: PLEASE READ RULES FOR EACH GENERATION CAREFULLY. THANKS 
 REQUIRES WORLD ADVENTURES and AMBITIONS

The Challenge

Complete all 5 generations to finish challenge.

General rules

1.   No cheats allowed, except moveobjects, resetsim, and build mode enhancers
2.   No Mods allowed, except store fixes and those that only affect Sims appearance (Let’s keep the playing field even, shall we?)
3.   You may use all forms legally allowed in gameplay to increase lifespan and money, No ambrosia allowed. (please use only normal lifespan)
4.   There's no point system involved. Just post links to your Pictures which will serve as proof of your achievements
5.   You may live anywhere you want
6.   You may ONLY have a job where the rules allow.
7.   You may move house, but to make things sporting, I would prefer you maintain one house and expand it. It would serve to gather all the collections from your different generations
8.   There is an alternate set of rules for Generation 5. So please read it before playing Gen 4. Thanks

Gen 1

You are a collector of relics. Art is your life; you have no ties, no family, just your back pack and the open road, so to speak.

1.   Create a YA sim any way you like.
2.   Must have adventurous, athletic, and disciplined traits. You may pick any other two traits.
3.   Must choose Private Museum as LTW (must complete LTW)
4.   Must complete at least 6 relic collections (to be added to Museum)
5.   Must not marry. You may have a girlfriend/boyfriend, but they cannot move in
6.   Must have one child when you are an Adult sim (may be natural or adopted)
7.   If your sim is male, the mother of your child may move in to have the baby, and should move out after birth
8.   Child must have Artistic and Photographer's Eye traits.
9.   You must earn money from your finds, by selling the excesses
10.   You must build a museum in your house (picture proof required)
11.   BONUS ACHIEVEMENT – explore all tombs. (Optional)

Gen 2

After travelling round the world with Mummy/Daddy all your childhood, you have caught the adventure bug, but have fallen in love with capturing the sights of the places and people you have seen.

1.   Your heir must choose the World Class Gallery LTW (must complete LTW)
2.   Must have at least 10 pictures from each location (to be added to Museum)
3.   Must not marry. You may have a girlfriend/boyfriend, but they cannot move in
4.   Must have one child when you are an Adult sim (may be natural or adopted)
5.   If your sim is male, the mother of your child may move in to have the baby, and should move out after birth
6.   Child must have Artistic and Bookworm traits.
7.   You must earn money from your works/finds, by selling the excesses
8.   You must add to the museum you already have at home (picture proof required)
9.   BONUS ACHIEVEMENT – complete at least 2 photo collections. (Optional)

Gen 3

Although you have inherited the love for Art and adventure from you parent/grandparent and you grew up hearing all the stories, you decide you'd rather just settle down and work on your art.
1.   Your heir must choose the Illustrious Author LTW (must complete LTW)
2.   Must have at least 30 paintings and 5 bestseller books (to be added to Museum)
3.   Must marry. Spouse must either be in the Medical Career or the Law Enforcement career (because I said so)
4.   Must have one child when you are an Adult sim (may be natural or adopted)
5.   Child must have Savvy Sculptor and Commitment issues traits.
6.   You must earn money from your works, by selling the excesses
7.   You must add to the museum you already have at home (picture proof required)
8.   BONUS ACHIEVEMENT – supermax painting skill. (Optional)

Gen 4

You grew up in a house filled with works of Art and Artistic folks. You find yourself fighting your legacy although you have inherited the Artist 'curse'. And that's why you change careers once they become challenging, but you secretly love your art more.

1.   Your heir must choose the Jack of All Trades LTW (must complete LTW)
2.   Can get a job/profession to fulfil LTW
3.   Must have at least 2 objects, worth at least $1000 made from each sculpting raw material (to be added to Museum)
4.   Must marry. Spouse must either be in the Business Career or the Science career (because I said so)
5.   Must Divorce spouse when child ages to teen
6.   Must have one child when you are an Adult sim (may be natural or adopted)
7.   Child must have Eccentric and Genius traits.
8.   You must also  earn money from your works, by selling the excesses
9.   You must add to the museum you already have at home (picture proof required)
10.   BONUS ACHIEVEMENT – complete Ice Personality challenge. (Optional)

Gen 5

It’s not surprising you are eccentric considering your family history. Since your youth you have dabbled in the unknown trying to create your own brand of Art, at least stuff that would be useful. And being an only child, your ultimate dream is to make a playmate or three.
1.   Your heir must choose the Monster Maker LTW (must complete LTW)
2.   Must Marry. Spouse must be unemployed
3.   Must have 3 children (may be natural or adopted)
4.   You must earn money from your works, by selling the excesses
5.   Picture proof required of monsters
6.   Must sell off items from the Museum and divide it equally among your children as their inheritance at the point of moving out or marriage. (Simply use the money to buy the child a house when moving out) Do not use the kick out option.
7.   BONUS ACHIEVEMENT – Be friends with spouse and all your children. (Optional)

Alternate 5th generation (you have to choose one or the other)
Gen 5

Your family is rich!!! Filthy Rich!!! You don’t work, don’t need to and that gives you free time to pursue your true love or loves...which frankly is an art in itself.

1.   Must have Charismatic and Flirty traits
2.   Your heir must choose the Heartbreaker LTW (must complete LTW)
3.   Must marry your 10th lover. Spouse must be Rich
4.   Must have at least one child (may have more) when you are an Adult sim (may be natural or adopted)
5.   You must earn money by selling off the art works in the family museum
6.   Must not become destitute before getting married
7.   BONUS ACHIEVEMENT – Survive without your spouse leaving you (optional if you have generations)
8.   OR BONUS ACHIEVEMENT – Supermax Charisma skill (optional)

Other Versions

I Am An Artiste - Ambitions only version
I Am An Artiste - Original No EPs version

AND THAT'S ALL THAT SHE WROTE. GOODLUCK AND HAVE FUN!!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: I am an Artiste! Project
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 01:00:04 PM »
This looks like an interesting project. I haven't done most of these artsy skills, so it'll be a new experience for me!  :D

Is there a reason why the spouses in Gen 3 and 4 have to have a certain job?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Krrank

• Neurotic Gamer
  • Llama Wrangler
  • like a pitbull on a pant leg, I can't let go...
    • How to CAW - The easy way
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 04:38:46 PM »
This looks like an interesting project. I haven't done most of these artsy skills, so it'll be a new experience for me!  :D

Is there a reason why the spouses in Gen 3 and 4 have to have a certain job?

Well, it's all part of the theme really. It's just my way of making sure the spouse is in a non-artistic field and of the 9 to 5 variety. I wrote this back when I had only Ambitions and WA, so it's okay to choose other careers. For me, the heir is the important character.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 05:57:17 PM »
Well, it's all part of the theme really. It's just my way of making sure the spouse is in a non-artistic field and of the 9 to 5 variety. I wrote this back when I had only Ambitions and WA, so it's okay to choose other careers. For me, the heir is the important character.

Ah, okay. Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.