Author Topic: Computer Restart  (Read 2169 times)

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
Computer Restart
« on: July 21, 2012, 02:18:26 AM »
OK, this has been annoying my for a while now, every single time that I turn my computer off, it automatically restarts within 5seconds or so. And Yes, I am pressing shut down  ::) It now constantly comes up with "One of your disk files needs to be checked for efficiency" I have done this, and it found nothing, could this problem be related to Sims? I don't see what else it could be...

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Computer Restart
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 02:33:14 AM »
I've never heard of a problem like that being associated with Sims. I would be more inclined to think that you may have picked up a virus or Trojan. Have you run a virus and malware scan lately? Have you tried turning the computer off at the power supply for a bit and then turning it back on?
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 07:20:48 AM »
I ran avg file scan when it started (about 1 month ago) it found a few old files but nothing else, I have also turned it off, unplugged, opened the computer and put everything back in, cleaned it. you name it.

loveSims

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 09:09:15 AM »
@Warr,  It sound like a virus to me. it happened on my old computer, my son infect it wit a virus lol. Some of them can slip through the anti virus program. ;)

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 02:18:12 PM »
great..So.. I need a new computer.. oh no..  :'(

loveSims

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 03:41:32 PM »
You don't need a new computer! When the virus is gone it will be as good as new. A friend of my daughter reformat it and all was well. I get a new computer to play sims3 ;)

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 03:56:28 PM »
I had a problem for a while with viruses slipping through AVG, a good virus scattered my files in a million bytes, which wasn't pleasant.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

The link above is for an on-line virus scan that temporarily downloads to your system, I have taken to running it at least every three months, just to be safe. The good thing about this nifty little program is that it downloads with the most up-to-date database and has always detects anything untoward on my machines. It will tell you the name of the virus, so even if it is unable to remove it, then you are able to Google the virus name or post it back here so one of us techie types can find you a safe removal tool.

Kindest Regards
KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 04:49:28 AM »
KJSinclair, does it take very long to do? Or is it like AVG that takes about 5 hours on my computer...?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 09:34:20 AM »
I just tried this and it only took like 10 minutes tops to do everything and that was while I had other things going on so it shouldn't take too long I would think.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 03:01:28 AM »
I did it and it found nothing... Perhaps it's not a virus but a component malfunctioning?