Author Topic: Multiple Foals  (Read 12460 times)

Offline alisharae

• Nooboo
Multiple Foals
« on: July 24, 2012, 06:39:24 PM »
Hey all,

So I was playing with my 2nd generation Sim, and his mother (my original Sim) called and said that one of the horses gave birth to a foal and that they would appreciate if I adopted it. I'm not interested in making him an equestrian man, but I went over there anyway... Just to find out that my Friesian had two babies! And when I continued scrolling over to the house, I discovered a third.

I know that it's VERY unlikely for this to happen in reality, and I remember a post somewhere about how people wanted multiple horse babies. I don't know how this happened, so I'm sorry that I can't give any insight. But I just wanted to show that it can be done, I guess.

Oh, and I don't have any LTW like fertility treatment, etc...

Offline Sutz

• Townie
Re: Multiple Foals
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 09:42:08 PM »
Are they identical to each other? Y'know like, same gender, same traits? Could be a glitch that just copied the same foal multiple times.

I know in real life there have been twin foals that survived, but triplet foals almost always didn't. Maybe you just got lucky!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 09:53:36 PM »
Actually I don't think it is possible I think that is just for the adoption thing! They were likely the ones with a map tag that you could adoption from and I think it just gives a variety for that but I don't think you can actually have it happen in your game! I don't know though just my thoughts on it!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 10:58:57 PM »
A family in my Lucky Palms game had triplet kittens for adoption.  Not foals, I know, but maybe it's the adoption thing.  I believe they were all males, had the same traits, and looked identical to their mother.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline alisharae

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 11:59:11 PM »
I'm not sure about traits but there are two boys and one girl. The game named them Lady, Eddy, and Baxter. They are all identical to the mother, visually at least. I didn't adopt them. I'm on my laptop now, but when I'm on the game again I'll check and report back!

And yes, I was very surprised. I was like, three?! Holy crap! Because I know that twin foals are very unlikely in real life as it is dangerous for the mother, and triplets are really unheard of as far as I know... Also my couple also had another infant that surprised me. Needless to say, I will have my hands full (4 Sims, now 6 horses).

Offline alisharae

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 05:51:46 PM »
Hi all,

Just checked the game, and the traits are mostly derived from the mother (playful, obedient, and agile).
The female is playful, noisy, and untrained obviously.
One male is playful and obedient.
The other is obedient and agile.

So I guess I just happened to be one of the very few who are gifted with triplets, as it doesn't seem to be a glitch where each foal is the same.

Offline madmax2006

• Llama Wrangler
  • 5s are amazing.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 06:28:48 PM »
It's an adoption thing, it happenes all the time for neighbourhood adoptions. When a horse you have selectable gives birth, it will be only one. With a cat or dog, theres a chance for a litter of kittens or a litter of puppies (AKA triplets or twins). In NPC adoption cases, there will be 3 always, even for foals. I dunno why, probably so theres more than one up for adoption.
This was a triumph.. Yeah i forget the rest ;D

The Eclipso Legacy :D (Graveyarded D=)
Frobidden Fangs; A Dramatic Vampiracy!
Diggin' For Gold!

I'm just your classic gaming writer with an un-natural obsession with 5s, sims and books.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline alisharae

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 07:52:55 PM »
I guess that makes sense since that family wasn't my active household at the time.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 09:11:30 PM »
In NPC adoption cases, there will be 3 always, even for foals. I dunno why, probably so theres more than one up for adoption.

That's not been the case with me. When my Dynasty adopted Waggles the dog from Nick Alto next door, she was the only one available. When I had the opportunity to go look at adopting a cat from Morgana Wolff, there was only one cat.

anything