Author Topic: Question  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
Question
« on: August 02, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
I don't know where to put it, but I'm wondering about something. Whenever a topic is started on an unannounced EP the topic is locked really fast. I've read to the rules a lot of times, but no where it says that we can't talk about unannounced Ep's. Honestly it makes me sad to see it locked down so fast, when we all know it's unofficial.  If it is stated as truth or announced while it's not, I can understand the lock. I just wish that we would get the freedom to brainstorm a little and wonder. If it doesn't get out of hand. Maybe it would be great to have some guidelines about this (if there already are please let me know). I'm not trying to insult anyone. I love this forum, but every time I get denied  to talk about something I'm looking forward to or have a question about and it's not announced with really looking it seem locked. I'm not looking to break the rules, I'm just asking for a little more freedom on this and am wondering if more people feel the same. So could someone please clarify why the discussions (mostly about seasons) are locked so soon, when I really don't have a feeling it's getting out of hand.  Again I'd like to say I jus want to understand, because then I can enjoy the forums without bad feelings. Thanks!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 03:47:37 PM »
I know you all are excited about the prospect of a seasons expansion pack finally being released. But it's the Forum's policy not to post about it until it's confirmed by Electronic Arts.  Until that happens, it's considered rumors and we don't deal in rumors here. So, I'm going to lock this topic for now and we'll open a topic for Seasons when it's announced.

It has nothing to do specifically about Seasons.  That's just the topic that you wish to talk about.  As Pam said, this forum deals only in facts.  There is a thread already about what you would like to see and I'm sure seasons has been mentioned there thousands of times without it being removed.   In my experience since I started reading the forum, there have been locks on threads mentioning anything that was never actually announced by EA.  There was a lock on the Pets thread that was started when it was rumored.  There was a lock on Generations when it was rumored.  There were several locks regarding stuff packs, Supernatural, Showtime and anything else that was not actual fact. 

This is a guide about real information about what is included in The Sims 3.  Seasons isn't a part of The Sims 3.   As of the moment of this conversation, 3:42 PM EDT on 8/2/2012, Seasons is only involved in The Sims 2 which is not actually on topic for this forum anywhere.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
Re: Question
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 03:52:02 PM »
Thank you for explaining. I will keep it in the  topic on what we would like to see for the sims and I'll just wait until it's official. Sorry if I caused any trouble, that is never my intention.