Author Topic: Martial Arts Opponent Not Showing Up  (Read 7140 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Martial Arts Opponent Not Showing Up
« on: August 18, 2012, 04:31:11 AM »
So I took the family to China so one of my Sims can learn Martial Arts, she started challenging people to tournament matches and all went well ... for a while. Her current opponent is not showing up when she calls them, I've tried calling them from the base camp and the academy, I've even tried resetsim but still no opponent. She's been trying for a couple of days now and it's getting frustrating as she can't move forward in the tournament until she beats this person.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to get them to show up?

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: Martial Arts Opponent Not Showing Up
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 08:48:50 AM »
Well this fixed itself. I had her call up her tournament opponent yet again today for the third time now and this time the game spawned a new person who actually showed up. Maybe the previous person died or something? Still don't get why they never showed, they are not a Merchant I checked, weird.  ??? Anyone else had this problem?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 08:55:41 AM »
There was this one in particular , every time I got him my sim had to go to his house. I can't remember his name. he was only at home on his computer. Not sure why he wouldn't come but I've read on a thread that this has happened many times with other simmers. From what I can remember he didn't live very far from the camp either.
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
Anyone else had this problem?

Yes, it happens fairly often for various reasons.  I'm glad you got one to show up so quickly.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 01:21:15 AM »
Wow I had never even heard of this bug, I didn't realize it was so common!  :o It's annoying though because you can't advance in the tournament until you defeat your current opponent, what a waste of time. Still my Sim did get to work on her sparring and medatation during that time though.

There was this one in particular , every time I got him my sim had to go to his house. I can't remember his name. he was only at home on his computer. Not sure why he wouldn't come but I've read on a thread that this has happened many times with other simmers. From what I can remember he didn't live very far from the camp either.

How do you find out where the live? I tried going into map view to find their house so she could go to them and I couldn't track them down anywhere.  ???

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 05:37:21 AM »
How do you find out where the live? I tried going into map view to find their house so she could go to them and I couldn't track them down anywhere.  ???

I had written his name down as I kept track of all of them. I just started checking every house. I think his last name was Pei or something like that.
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

SimBlip

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 10:04:13 PM »
Sometimes, the game makes one of the merchants an opponent. They cannot attend the tournament, because they have other duties to fulfil. In that case, I make friends with the merchant and invite him/her over. It seems to solve the problem on the next visit. The merchant is either no longer a participant in the tournament, or simply, no longer a merchant.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 01:37:45 AM »
Sometimes, the game makes one of the merchants an opponent. They cannot attend the tournament, because they have other duties to fulfil. In that case, I make friends with the merchant and invite him/her over. It seems to solve the problem on the next visit. The merchant is either no longer a participant in the tournament, or simply, no longer a merchant.

I thought of that and checked but they were not a Merchant.

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 07:43:53 PM »
Suchun Phua is a sim name, when called for the tournament, will not show up. There is no house where Phua lives. He is not and has never been a merchant. I think it's some kind of joke name. I know this thread is years old, probly won't let me post here. but I just needed to enter this joke name in the thread. Suchun Phua. I hope by tomorrow the game will spawn a real opponent. If not, I'll send the Sim home, wait and try again another vacation.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 07:12:25 PM »
This happened to me, but the opponent did show up. However as soon as I started to spar w/him, it cancelled almost immediately and the opponent became a paparazzi. If that happens,  learned in nraas to use Register and turn off the roles.

anything