Author Topic: All About Traits and effects  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
All About Traits and effects
« on: August 22, 2012, 05:05:48 AM »
I'll be splitting this information between two posts. It's a heck of a lot of information, so utilize your Search Tool (Ctrl+F) to find things. This is a work in progress, it's 9 at night so I will be leaving this unfinished for now.

I will be referring to traits, skills etc by their ingame names. I will try to alphabetize this, though it's not in alphabetical order in the code, so I might get some traits out of order. I will try to remedy this.

Traits A-M:

Absent Minded:
Will pause to "think hard" at any time between 240 and 480 Sim Minutes - so if he thinks hard at midnight, he will not do it again until sometime between 4 and 8 AM.
They may "think hard" while cooking, there is a 10% chance of this.

Artistic:
If an Artistic Sim is learning painting, the skill gain rate is multiplied by 1.25. If they are learning Guitar, it is multiplied by 1.1. If they are learning Writing, it is also multiplied by 1.1.

Athletic:
If an Athletic Sim is learning Athletic, their skill gain rate is multiplied by 1.2. They will get fatigued at a slower rate - 0.8 times the normal rate.

Brave:
A brave Sim in the Military or Law Enforcement career gets a performance bonus of 3.

Charismatic:
If a Charismatic Sim is learning Charisma, the skill gain rate is multiplied by 1.25.

Coward:
Cowardly Sims will get scared of the dark between 9 PM and 5 AM.

Excitable:
An Excitable Sim routing towards another Sim in the Romantic or Friendly LTR State with a positive STC (someone please clarify the meaning of this!) has a chance of getting the Excited Buff - that chance is 25%.

Good Sense of Humor:
If a joke is good, the relationship benefit between the two Sims is multiplied by 1.5.

Green Thumb:
If a Sim with the Green Thumb trait is learning Gardening, the skill gain rate is multiplied by 1.25.

Evil:
An Evil Sim must be within 10 tiles of another Sim in a bad event to get the Fiendishly Delighted Buff. They also get a performance bonus of 3 when in the Criminal Career.

Genius:
Genius Sims will contemplate items within 3 tiles of themselves. The Contemplate interaction takes 8 minutes.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: All About Traits and effects
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 05:06:07 AM »
Reserved for Traits N-Z.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

sims4ever

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 06:01:33 AM »
This look amazing, thanks for all the hard work.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 10:15:06 AM »
Very interesting and useful information, Seabody!  Thank you for sharing it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Larue

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 10:13:02 PM »
I'm thinking the LTR in this case means "Long term relationship" of friendly or romantic, not the usual Lifetime Reward that is associated with LTR.

The STC being the short term context, "Bob thinks Lisa is OK"

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 11:47:12 AM »
Wow - this info is really useful, and very detailed! Thanks for taking the time to write it out!

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 12:57:51 PM »
Wow, thanks!  Very useful.
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 12:12:05 AM »
Very nice! Can't wait for the rest!
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Offline SmartieGirl21

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 08:24:01 PM »
I really like all the information in this and the rest will make it even better.  :D