Author Topic: Tuatha's Garden: aka The Little Island in France  (Read 24472 times)

Offline TheAshpie

• Llama Wrangler
Tuatha's Garden: aka The Little Island in France
« on: August 24, 2012, 02:44:11 AM »
I'm very, very stuck in this tomb. It's not the part where you have to put one statue on the two floor tiles. It's later on in the dungeon. You get to a part where you're standing in the hallway, and you must enter a doorway into a room with a tight spiral wall and a "stand on" tile. My sim won't go through the doorway, she acts like something is in the way or perhaps the door way/walls are too close to each other. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. Am I missing something?

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: Tuatha's Garden: aka The Little Island in France
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 03:12:46 AM »
There should be a way in, sometimes sims won't walk where you want them to because there is a trap in the way, hover your mouse over the floor to see if that is the case, the mouse symbol will change and the options to inspect/disarm/attempt to cross will show up if a trap is there. Have you tried putting up the walls? There might be a wall trap or a switch you need to activate. If your sim knows how to zeneport then you can just do that to get into the next room.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 03:15:01 AM »
Wait, I just remembered something. Is this the adventure where you have to investigate what is spooking the museum guards? Because there is a revolving door leading to another room with a stand on switch, which is a pain to get through.

Which adventure is this? Teliing us what adventure you are on would be more helpful and is like to result in more/better answers.

Offline TheAshpie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 05:39:54 AM »
It's not on any adventure. I accessed the place by smashing the boulders covering the entrance. I don't have an adventure for it. I've tried Zeneporting in, but she won't for some reason, like there's not enough room to do so. I'll try to get a screenshot of it and post it on here for clarification of where I'm at exactly.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 06:38:48 AM »
I know the spot you're talking about. I think it's simply broken...except that people seem to have gotten past it somehow! I'm also curious about any possible solution.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 08:11:49 AM »
I've only ever had one Sims get to that floor switch without any problem.  All the rest have complained of pathing issues.  When they do that, I figure I may as well cheat and do the "teleport me here" option in testingcheatsenabled.  It doesn't feel like I'm cheating if the game is the problem not me.  ;)
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 08:34:25 AM »
I always seem to have that problem in files where cheats aren't allowed. Perhaps a martial artist can zeneport there? Sadly, the teleporter LTR and the Not So Routine Machine don't seem to be able to drop a sim into a tomb.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 08:44:46 AM »
Zeneport definitely didn't work - I could zeneport to the outside of the door but not to any of the areas behind it.

There was another place in this tomb where a sim could walk in, but complained about pathing issues related to narrow corridors on the way out.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline TheAshpie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 04:28:38 AM »
Is that the only way to the bottom of the dungeon? I've tried Zeneporting. I'll try testingcheatsenabled next ;<

Chuckles_82

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 04:49:53 AM »
Will it let you drag and drop an eye of hours there? I'm guessing not, since most tombs don't let you, but worth a try. I know the exact spot you mean.

Offline TheAshpie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 01:04:58 AM »
I ended up just having to cheat and teleport myself into the tiny room. It's ridiculous that you can't walk into there. I tried everything.

Offline Harpua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 06:02:06 AM »
I had the same problem a while back. Someone suggested you zeneport past that point and walk back to the foot pad. I didn't try it because of time constraints. But it should work. You can't port into the room, but you should be able to port behind it.

If you mouseover the threshold, you'll get the "can not cross" sign (circle with a slash through it). There's a similar spot in the dungeon where you get Pangu's Axe.

It's very frustrating, but it's been like that for a while. I don't see them fixing it. 

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »
I have my adventuring sim carry some ghost potions (from Generations) to get through situations like this. It actually makes tombs much easier.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 08:10:13 PM »
Ghost potions are an excellent idea!
I, too, have been stumped in this tomb - though it work's in some games. Zenporting don't seem to work but bringing the potion was a very creative idea. I'll be sure to check it out!

Chuckles_82

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 12:34:40 AM »
Wow, that is a wonderful idea!