Poll

Which was your favourite Lothario's Loft?

Ausette - White Rabbit Duplex
6 (54.5%)
Neashaleigh - Lothario's Loft  
2 (18.2%)
Ladybug53 - People's Park Penthouse
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: September 16, 2012, 12:04:10 PM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2012: 17 - Lothario's Loft  (Read 6736 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Building Contest 2012: 17 - Lothario's Loft
« on: August 25, 2012, 08:20:15 AM »

You must read the Rules and Instructions Thread first, if you haven't already.

Building Contest 2012: 17 - Lothario's Loft

Your Task:
Move to Riverview they said, there would be plenty of beautiful women they said. They lied to Don Lothario and now he's trapped in some rural nightmare, he wants out. He wants up. Into the Skies of Bridgeport with it's towering apartment buildings. He wants an Apartment to get back to his Casanova ways.

Specifications:
  • Lot Type: Residential.
  • Number of Bed Spaces: Minimum of 2
  • Budget: $65,000
  • Lot Size: Any.
  • Other Specifications:
    • Apartment Building
    • Double Bed
  • Optional Specifications:
    • Romantic Atmosphere
    • Hot-Tub

Additional Information:
Apartment Buildings can be found in Buydebug, once placed you can not move them so make sure you are certain of their placement - otherwise youw ill have to delete the lot and start over. Once one is place the Lot needs the following cheat to be edited: "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false". You will also need to use the Apartment Room markers.

If you do not own LN or do not wish to attempt to build an Apartment Building like that you may build an Apartment like building without the markers that will act as a house, leave the bottom floors empty however.

Contest Start Date: 12:00am, Sunday, 26 August, 2012   
Contest End Date: 11:59pm, Saturday, 8 September, 2012

How to post your entry:

Your Current Entries: - Listed by Date of Entry and Approval

Username                    Entry Name                    Thumbnail
AusetteWhite Rabbit Duplex      
NeashaleighLothario's Loft      
Ladybug53People's Park Penthouse      

Do not post any comments or compliments in this thread until the contest is closed. Please PM either samoht04 and Lilygirl with any questions or concerns.

Last Update: .
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: Building Contest 2012: 17 - Lothario's Loft
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 05:49:35 AM »
Thomas has given me permission to post this. It's an empty 30x 40 lot with the Late Night letterbox for you to build an apartment on. I'm sorry it's not smaller, but it was the best I could do without using mods. I hope it works and you find it useful.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 09:18:39 AM »
I've had some questions about how to use the Apartment Room Markers, so I'll try to explain them.

In your Apartment you will have thee different types of areas. One area will be the actual Apartment, the other will be the space in the building you did not use and the final space will be the public areas. The last two areas need special markers.

The Public Areas include the Lobby, Hallways and any other rooms you add to the building. Say you want to add a Laundry Room or a Swimming Pool to your building, that room will need a Public Room Marker. Each room that you want to be visible but not part of your Sims Apartment will need a Public Room Marker. This can be found in Buydebug. Once placed the value of the room will be subtracted from the cost fo the Apartment, this is allowed and expected. The budget is only for the actual Apartment.

The other type of Marker is the Hidden Room Marker. Put this in any enclosed area you do not want to be seen or edited. Such as the empty space around your apartment layout.

Every single room that is to be a Public Room needs the Public Room Marker. As dos the Hidden Rooms. If there is no Marker that area is classed as part of the Apartment.

If any more help is needed or if you are stuck on something please do PM me.

Sidenote, if you are more comfortable with building an Apartment Building completely that is not a Highrise then do so! Those of you without LN can just disregard this about Spawners and just create a Building that would be appropriate for an Apartment.  :)

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 01:09:10 PM »
Hey all. I've been given permission to post this. Along with the above great advice, I've made a quick and (hopefully) easy tutorial on how to make an apartment using the Late Night shells found in the Buydebug section.

You can find the tutorial here.

Hope it's helpful..
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 07:32:10 PM »
Thanks for that tutorial, I never would have guessed you have to add top floors to make apartments.  I love the way you number everything and the way that it is organized.
Cynthia

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 05:31:49 AM »
White Rabbit Duplex, by Ausette

Lot Type: Residential, 1 br 1 ba
Lot Size: 20 x 30
Cost when placed on 20 x 30 lot: $48,358 ($7,402 unfurnished)
Contains Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Pets, and World Adventures content
Contains Store Content: New Years Nectar (From this free set), Rustic Staycation Whirlpool Station (from free memory rewards).

Welcome to White Rabbit Duplex! If you get bored with the gym equipment and video games, you can head up to the roof for a party and hot tub session or flirt with those cute twins next door.

Can be downloaded on its main thread, here.

This entry is my little tribute to Don's house from The Sims 2.  :)

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
I'm not sure I'm getting the hang of the new picture format, but I'm going to keep trying. I've read the tutorial, but coding is something that makes my eyes glaze over. Sorry for being a bit of a div..

Here's my entry to the Lothario's Loft competition. It's quite challenging to stay in the budget, but it's a good thing that it doesn't include the public areas ;)

Packs used:

Pets
Late Night
World Adventures
Showtime
Generations
Ambitions
Diesel
High-End Loft
Town Life
Fast Lane
Master Suite
Outdoor Living

Only 2 store items were used, and both are free...

Overjoyed with Love
Cherub Kalliopi

Download from here.
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 02:20:29 PM »
Peoples Park Penthouse.
by ladybug53

Lot Size: 40 x 40
Price Furnished : 64,445
Price Unfurnished : 3,428

Expansions Used : Late Night - Showtime - Generations - World Adventure.
Stuff Packs Used : None
Free Stuff Used : New Years Nectar.

Don Lothario lived in Riverview for some time but got a little restless living the rural life. He decided it was time for a change . The city life is what he always dreamed of. He sold everything he had and flew to Bridgeport. He found himself a very nice Penthouse and is ready for the city life, night clubs and romantic evenings. I'm sure he'll be very happy here.

Let's take a tour of his new Penthouse.

Click to enlarge image.

Link to Download - http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,12214.0.html
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 04:44:03 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 17 - Lothario's Loft - August 26, 2012 - September 8, 2012
    Ausette!

Congratulations Ausette! Your tribute to Don Lothario's Sims 2 House went down very well and was very well done! You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

Ausette's Comment:

"I really enjoyed this contest! Back when I had The Sims 2 I played Don's household quite a bit, so when it came to building a house for him my mind kept jumping to the little white townhouse he had in Pleasantview. I tried to make my entry close enough to that townhouse to be nostalgic, but different enough to feel like my own work. Congrats to Neashaleigh and ladybug53 for building such beautiful highrise apartments!"

The Contest is now Open for Comments!  :D

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 07:46:39 AM »
Congratulation Ausette ! Loved your entry. The decor is just perfect. I've never played the Sims2 but I love what you did with your entry.

Thank you Ausette and Neashaleigh for the great tips on building a highrise building. The tips were of great help to me as this was my first time in building one. It was a challenge but great fun as well.

All entries were very nicely done. Great work !

I'm always open for comments.  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »
Thanks ladybug, but I think all of the credit for the highrise tips should go to Neashaleigh (especially since I got frustrated with the apartment shells and built a regular house, lol). I can't believe this was your first apartment, you've done a fantastic job! I love the hot tub room and the colours you used on the walls. My only issue is that there's a lot of empty space, but considering the budget I think you did really well.  :)

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 05:11:34 PM »
Thanks :) It took me ages and a lot of frustrations to be able to finally build a working apartment, so the least I can do is share what I've learnt with others so they don't have to go through the same frustrations. I'm glad my tutorial and tips were helpful :)

Congratulations Ausette. Great build!!
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio