Author Topic: Simbots - The Way to Live  (Read 67443 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Simbots - The Way to Live
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2010, 08:35:59 AM »
I thought they had heels, but when I got a good look at a picture of a male, their feet look mostly the same.  I did notice, however, that the female's midsection is smaller than the male's.  I had to quickly move Shonda out of the house because the reactions of everyone and of the Simbots to each other was a little more than I could handle.  One Simbot is not so bad, but two was too much!  So Shonda moved to a nice little house on the beach that happens to be the house I submitted to the July Building Contest.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

MLBerry

« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2010, 09:24:50 AM »
How soon after maxing the invention skill do you get the quest?  It been three or four days and no call.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2010, 12:44:58 PM »
Do you keep the opportunity slot free? (i.e. No other opportunity going on?)
If you still don't get the opportunity you just have to play the waiting game. For me, it's always been the very first skill (I think it was skill) opportunity after the skill is maximised.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Frey

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
Uh... I'm still trying to make one :(. I know, I could go the easy way and buy it, but I really want my sim to make it... but I've been waiting for the opportunity for ages (seriously, it's been like sim-months now). I do have the inventing skill leveled up to 10 and my opportunity slot is open, but I've had no luck. Anyone knows if that's normal? isn't there a way to force it? I'm not very into cheating but I'm starting to get really impatient here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2010, 07:11:18 PM »
Uh... I'm still trying to make one :(. I know, I could go the easy way and buy it, but I really want my sim to make it... but I've been waiting for the opportunity for ages (seriously, it's been like sim-months now). I do have the inventing skill leveled up to 10 and my opportunity slot is open, but I've had no luck. Anyone knows if that's normal? isn't there a way to force it? I'm not very into cheating but I'm starting to get really impatient here.

My Sims usually get that option soon after maxing out the skill. You will be asked to deliver (I think) palladium to the science facility,then they will ask for 10 life fruit, 100 scrap and a heart shaped pink diamond. I've had one of my inventors waiting forever trying to get that heart.

Frey

« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2010, 08:49:23 PM »
Yeah I know what the opportunity is about, but my sim reached level 10 at the inventing skill like ages ago, and he won't get the call.

Frey

« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2010, 12:43:26 AM »
I got it!

Now my simbot is talking to the food processor :D the funniest is that the human interaction level goes up while she does it lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

kestie freehawk

« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2010, 01:29:40 PM »
My Simbot acquired through MOBF reward came as a male bot for a female Sim.  She was single and it seemed like a perfect time to expand her basement with a new nectary and Invention center.  He wanted to be a general so first he was off to a handy class and a job at the base.  He had his own bedroom upstairs in the house and he had a small scrap heap in the bottom basement.  I made a bathroom for him and he had his own invention bench. He did repair and invent to a very high level including making wind up hoppers, the dipper claw and the freshers for bathrooms.  I loved the hoppers dearly and had them positioned all over the nectary.  Then the worst happened. Ambitions failed and I did not know that the house would have things replaced with something like it, I went in and it was a shambles.  I couldn't save the house it would crash and the only way to save the main charactor was to move her into another empty house.  I could play the game but not save,  It would hang for hours.

I liked the bot and the funnest part is that it had made his own shrine with a food processor and counter salvaged from the junkyard. I want one again and when Riskillas children are older teens I will get her another, but right now with lvl10 cooking job and two active children to raise my hands are full. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2010, 12:59:06 AM »
Kestie,

Were you running any mods or third party custom content? 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."