Author Topic: The Forum's Third Birthday - Party Time!  (Read 6693 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Forum's Third Birthday - Party Time!
« on: August 30, 2012, 09:41:11 AM »
Hi everyone,

The forum's third birthday is almost here, cause for celebration!  Last year we celebrated by sending our Simselves to a virtual party, in this thread:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,6053.0.html

This year, I think it would be fun to have our Sims actually host parties in favour of the forum's birthday.  How about it?  Let's use this thread to post pictures of our Sims celebrating our wonderful forum.  It doesn't have to be just Simselves - any Sims who would like to throw a party in honour of the forum are welcome.  Who will attend the party?  What famous characters will we see?  I know our collective imaginations will come up with some wonderful extravaganzas.

The idea just came to me, so I don't have my party planned yet (and I'm not much of a party thrower, in any case), but I'll give it some thought and post the pictures as soon as I have them. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone's party pics!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Forum's Third Birthday - Party Time!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 05:17:03 PM »
My Party has just begun, the guests are some of my favourite Sims: Rabbit Character, Panther Character, Faye Ravensgate, Alison Ravensgate, Tristan Jade, Hannah Longing and Eighth Walker! Here they are celebrating on the Sunlit Tides beach! These Sims have all been featured on this forum and it's their home as much as mine, thank you to the forum for letting me share their stories!

Happy Birthday to the Forum!

Click to see larger images..
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
I'd love to have a Sim party, though I'm not a very good party thrower. Although, I just made a party animal that would sure appreciate a good party.

@samoht: Is Hannah the vampire in the third picture? She's gotten a makeover, right? Unless I've lost my memory already, which is possible.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 09:06:21 PM »
My party started out a little more formal, going to the Green Lily in Delouche's Green Dolphin Island. Knowing that more than half of the occupancy was Insane, I should've known better.  :P

Frank and Eugene enjoy a nice game of dominoes. (Frank clad in bathing suit)

A. sits at the bar laughing at Crazy. (I have no idea what was going on. Everybody was laughing at somebody, except maybe Eugene. It was rather strange.) Crazy actually looks rather hurt by this.

Crazy quickly got ideas of more devious intent.

A. also spends some time talking to a mysterious new Sim. I wonder who he's talking to?

In the end, everybody got bored, so I sent them to the nearby pool, also from Green Dolphin Island. (I'd highly recommend it when the final version comes out) Why I didn't think of this in the first place, I don't know. Of course, now that they're actually at the pool, Crazy and Frank are back in normal clothes.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 04:49:08 AM »
@samoht: Is Hannah the vampire in the third picture? She's gotten a makeover, right? Unless I've lost my memory already, which is possible.

Yes, she's had a makeover since she was last seen on the forum.  :)

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 06:27:30 AM »
Oooooh, you threw a party on my island! It looks like a lot of fun too :D I'm in on this thread - it's a birthday, and instead of messing around with tree placement when I get home, I'm going to PARTY like it's 31st August 2012!

WOOOOO!

*dances on countertop*

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 08:14:14 AM »

Aurelia, Ava, Brooklyn and Teddy wish Carl's a happy twirl into childhood!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 02:48:36 PM »
I'm not too great at taking screenshots and especially when trying to fit eight sims into the frame, so these didn't turn out overly good, but nevertheless!

Sims from all over SimNation came to Sunset Beach at Union Cove for a party! Let the awkward dancing begin!

The Sims at the party are Lori, Renelle and Melinda Dreamer, Saeglopur and Fljotavik Endalaust, Matthew and Satthew Hamming and my simself because with a bunch like these, there has to be someone to keep them in check. :P There's no checking Melinda though, she autonomously went and scared the daylights out of Flow by offering him some flowers out of the blue. He wasn't too impressed. He solved it by walk-dancing even more awkwardly than me..

Meanwhile, Satthew decided to distance himself. Because dancing with the crowd is too mainstream. ;)

Jeana's simself appeared earlier, which was rather funny.

She was very happy to be there! ;)

Happy birthday to the forum!! ;D

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 07:03:16 PM »
Hmmm, maybe I'll do this next year.  But of couse, that doesn't mean I still can't wish the forum a happy birthday!!!!!  Happy birthday song will commence in 5...4...3...2...1!
Happy birthday to forum, happy birthday to forum.
Happy birthday dear forum....Happy birthday to you!
And maaany mooooore!
Tadaa!  I had to do something! 
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 08:38:04 PM »
Hmmm, maybe I'll do this next year.  But of couse, that doesn't mean I still can't wish the forum a happy birthday!!!!! 

I feel bad that I didn't get this thread up a little earlier to give people more time to organize their parties.  My own pictures aren't even ready yet!  Although I see that Frank appears to have snuck out of the Treatment Centre to attend a party!  Hmmm ... was this an authorized outing?  I think we'll have to talk to Frank's family about this.

Anyway, I don't see any reason why the party can't continue on for a week or so.  So please keep sharing your Sim party pics - it's great fun looking at them!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 08:41:57 PM »
My party will be ready soon, soon after I install the 1.38 patch - manually, because of those File Not Found errors. >:(

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 09:56:05 PM »

Here's my sims partying! You might recognize them from my story, I'll put up another picture tommorow(I know, late, but better late then never!)of my Hammings throwing a party!

Sims:Happy Birthday Carl and Pams Forum! Awesome party! We can't belive were on the same thread as Frank and Matthew and Sathew! And Hannah!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 03:57:04 AM »
The party's in Twinbrook tonight! I did a light remodel of the Red Rendezvous and filled it with some of my favourite Sims. Most of these guys haven't been shared with the forum before, but see if you can recognise two or three.  :)

The parties have been amazing so far! There's so many pretty locations and iconic Sims. It make me wish I had a story on the forum so I'd have more recognisable Simmies, lol.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 05:10:44 AM »
Haha, what awesome pics Ausette! Looks like some of them have been celebrating a little too much.  :P

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 07:43:28 AM »
I recognized Ella Ursine, the Sim in your profile pic, (presumably a Simself, though I'm not sure) Damon Farrier, maybe Missi Carroway, and the woman with the red and white hat whose name I don't remember. (Plus the townies, of course)

anything