Author Topic: Legacy/Dynasty/Projects with Same Sex Couples  (Read 7305 times)

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
Legacy/Dynasty/Projects with Same Sex Couples
« on: September 03, 2012, 07:22:58 AM »
Please move if this isn't the best place to put this.  Also, if this is not considered age-appropriate I would be dissappointed but understand. 

Does anyone else erm, gently bend the rules, :) and allow a sim to marry in a same sex relationship and adopt the first born?  If the sim expresses that romantic interest and with the approriate randomizing of unchoosable early traits for the nooboos?  Not for the Hall of Fame, of course.  I just find allowing it makes the game more realistic for me.  Would it really effect the outcome of an Immortal Legancy?

Has anyone ever broached changing the rules to allow this?  I know the writer of the rules is the final judge on this, I'm just curious.  I read as many pages of the thread as I could but my eyes exploded.*

Just thinking...It is an obvious advantage in chosing mates, you get twice as many possible partners, which might be a problem in the Townie DecaDynasty...

Warmest regards from a sunny day in London, rare this year!
EAOdinsdottir

*may be a slight exaggeration.  Slight.  :)

PS
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Kuro Warau

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life State Lover!
Re: Legacy/Dynasty/Projects with Same Sex Couples
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 08:00:29 AM »
Your idea is so awesome! I'd love to read it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 08:01:27 AM »
Please move if this isn't the best place to put this.  Also, if this is not considered age-appropriate I would be dissappointed but understand. 

Does anyone else erm, gently bend the rules, :) and allow a sim to marry in a same sex relationship and adopt the first born?  If the sim expresses that romantic interest and with the approriate randomizing of unchoosable early traits for the nooboos?  Not for the Hall of Fame, of course.  I just find allowing it makes the game more realistic for me.  Would it really effect the outcome of an Immortal Legancy?

Has anyone ever broached changing the rules to allow this?  I know the writer of the rules is the final judge on this, I'm just curious.  I read as many pages of the thread as I could but my eyes exploded.*

Just thinking...It is an obvious advantage in chosing mates, you get twice as many possible partners, which might be a problem in the Townie DecaDynasty...

Warmest regards from a sunny day in London, rare this year!
EAOdinsdottir

*may be a slight exaggeration.  Slight.  :)

PS

The whole point of Metro's Dynasty challenges is a bloodline challenge, and therefore the rules will never be changed to allow for adopted children to be heirs, in either Dynasty. We don't allow mods in Dynasties, so it's impossible for there to be a scenario in which same-sex couples can produce an heir. The rules of the Legacy challenge are much less defined, and one of our forum members has written a gay Legacy (using mods to make the males pregnant), which can be found here. (The reference post where this was discussed and permitted by Carl is here.)

We have a Projects board for member-designed projects, where the rulesets can be submitted to Pam and Metro for approval. If you (or another member - I have thought about writing one myself but never gotten around to it) would like to write your own project using same-sex couples and adopted children, then feel free to do so. I would certainly play such a project. :)

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 08:04:15 AM »
I hadn't thought of using a mod to get pregnant, believe it or not, I'd only accounted on adoption.  Thanks for the link.

(Edited to avoid double posting.)

I suppose I could write a new challenege.  Hrrmm. Sounds like a win.  I shall do so. 
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 09:43:06 AM »
I will be reading! Love the idea as well.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 09:51:12 AM »
I know it sounds like nitpicking but I would just like to point out that a Legacy, an Immortal Dynasty and a Townie DecaDynasty are three different things.

The legacy rules were written by Pinstar on the official forum and haven't really been updated with each expansion but it alllows much more leeway towards everything.

The Immortal Dynasty and Townie DecaDynasty were written by our very own Challenge Maestro Metropolis Man.   The entire basis of these challenges is bloodlines like the sweetest pea said.

A story about a same sex couple would never be taken down because it's a same sex couple.   A story with inappropriate language or content would be taken down or need to be changed immediately because of the content so just remember this is a family friendly forum if you choose to do this. 

It sounds like you've already got ideas forming in your head and I wish you all the best of luck. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 11:09:28 AM »
Thanks, Ricalynn.  It doesn't sound like nitpicking at all, if we don't all agree on the meanings and the rules, this place would be the Tower of Babel.  I'm sorry if I'm a bit scatty sometimes, it's a lot to take in. 

I'm glad to hear the basic idea would be welcome.  The fact that this forum is age-appropriate is one of the things that makes me like it.  It's like you've all created a refuge of friendliness and good taste, to be honest.  I'm also glad that a same-sex couple would be welcome, as, like many simmers, I include them.

As I've said elsewhere I am just dipping my toes into playing multi-generationally so I'm going to start slowly with the idea of making a ruleset as a long term goal.

Thanks for the help.

EAOdinsdottir
x, EAOdinsdottir.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ForgivingSoul

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 01:06:22 PM »
That is quite an order right there. Imagine a challenge based on same-sex relationships and adoption stuff...  :o Sounds very interesting. I'd read something like that :D you should defintitely experiment with different scenarios and create something great. Who knows, maybe your ideas will spark someone else's imagination, and one day we can have a brand new challenge to conquer! :D Keep on going, Odinsdottir!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »
Quite some time ago Metro gave me permision to do an imortal dynasty using clones of the parent. It wouldn't be eligable for hall of fame as there is no toddler picture but the bloodline would still be intact. You could use same sex couples for each generation or pick and choose.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 01:39:14 PM »
There's also the Orphanage Project, which is based on adoption and could easily be done with a same-sex couple.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

anything