Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 240728 times)

Offline Rose

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)
« Reply #525 on: May 16, 2013, 05:55:06 PM »
There's a child living in Appaloosa Plains, Chantrelle Riffin, who has a level ten painting skill.  She lives with a single YA male.  Could be useful.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #526 on: May 16, 2013, 08:35:53 PM »
There's a child living in Appaloosa Plains, Chantrelle Riffin, who has a level ten painting skill.  She lives with a single YA male.  Could be useful.
There's another brother in the Riffin household, but I agree that it's quite useful. Also to be noted, the teen Maisy Miller has level ten cooking.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #527 on: May 17, 2013, 05:34:52 PM »
I had one of my sims shake the Orb of Answers with the "Will I be rich?" question. I was hoping for it to trigger money-related wishes for said sim. Which it did (he got the wish too be worth 300,000 and to have three rich friends). It also added 50,000 to the household funds.

Woah.

Better yet, it's cheaper than a Midas Touch elixir. :P

While that sounds good, my next tip will sound really absurd to almost everyone: disable witches. I did plenty of testing in Twinbrook, and the game makes a new supernatural in that town at a rate of one per night. With witches on, one of those sims chosen to be turned into a supernatural could be a witch. With witches disabled, I was guaranteed that a townie would be turned into a non-witch supernatural. Witches are of almost zero use to me in a dynasty, namely because they don't have extended lifespans, and every sim that's a witch is one sim that won't have the chance to be turned into a long-lived supernatural (and therefore material to make spouses down the road).

Seems like backwards logic for a dynasty, but I need original townie spouses the whole way to keep myself happy. Granted, if you're not as obsessed with original townie genes as I am, enabling witches is a good thing. They're useful!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #528 on: May 18, 2013, 07:29:45 AM »
Seems like backwards logic for a dynasty, but I need original townie spouses the whole way to keep myself happy. Granted, if you're not as obsessed with original townie genes as I am, enabling witches is a good thing. They're useful!

I have the same obsession, but rather for townie surnames. I've turned off supernaturals for ID, but having them, obviously on, for life states.

If you want townie descendants, try moving in a random, non-related male sim and start breeding EARLY. I wish I'd done it.  I did have the spares to go impregnating the town but I think I'll have a time keeping the original townie surnames after Gen 4.

Just keep it within the forum guidelines.  I haven't read your new one as a warning.  Truly evil has no place on this family friendly forum.

Now this may seem funny, but I feel worried. In mine, is VJ disliking his son and Hera manipulating her husband acceptable?
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #529 on: May 18, 2013, 10:17:09 AM »
Now this may seem funny, but I feel worried. In mine, is VJ disliking his son and Hera manipulating her husband acceptable?

If you're truly worried you can always PM Pam to see if content is good or not, basically when I was writing Artie I always thought to myself and that at one point it was known that we have people signed up that are in the ages between 8 and 12.   Did I want these children reading my story if they chose to?  I didn't over rationalize that if they were mature, I thought of them as the most innocent and sheltered possibilities for those age ranges and their possible parents thoughts on their kids reading it.   It's not politically correct.  I'm not saying anything bad about parents or how they raise their kids.  This is just my thought processes for story reactions.   You don't have to do these extremes.   I think Shrek where sometimes it's hard to tell if it was written for the kids or the adults.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #530 on: May 18, 2013, 10:43:42 AM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I just found out that with the replicator that you can store something 3 times.  So, if you use it for ambrosia, you can store it 3 times and then have 20 servings (provided you've upgraded it) for each time you store it, for a total of 60 servings.  Since I'm only using the food replicator for ambrosia, then this is perfect.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #531 on: May 18, 2013, 10:46:59 AM »
I actually had two full replicators of ambrosia towards the end of Artie's dynasty.  It covered the meals of the first 6 immortals regularly.

And remember if you make the replicator or the moodlet manager a unique LTR for an immortal early on.   They will eventually have points to buy a second one and that's ok.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #532 on: May 18, 2013, 10:51:57 AM »
Ah, ok.  Yeah, I wasn't sure how the replicator worked at first.  Thought you had to store it for each serving, so here I was, gonna store it 20 times XD  Then it said, "Replace" such-and-such.  And then it came up as Ambrosia, 20 servings, 3 times and I was like... oooo!  But yeah... I know one thing, this is teaching me a heck of a lot that I didn't know before XD

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #533 on: May 18, 2013, 11:28:28 AM »
I have one replicator for each immortal, and an unfinished bowl of ambrosia standing by for further replications. I'm just paranoid that way.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #534 on: May 18, 2013, 11:37:38 AM »
I have one replicator for each immortal, and an unfinished bowl of ambrosia standing by for further replications. I'm just paranoid that way.

Where do you store the unfinished bowl?  It won't let me put it anywhere...  Can't put it in anyone's inventory, can't put it in the alchemy cabinet, or the fridge, I don't think... Now, I don't have a WA chest yet, cause... well, can't travel yet.  I don't leave the bowl around though cause I'm terrified someone is gonna finish cooking it and eat it before I can stop them XD

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #535 on: May 18, 2013, 11:38:33 AM »
Where do you store the unfinished bowl?  It won't let me put it anywhere...  Can't put it in anyone's inventory, can't put it in the alchemy cabinet, or the fridge, I don't think... Now, I don't have a WA chest yet, cause... well, can't travel yet.  I don't leave the bowl around though cause I'm terrified someone is gonna finish cooking it and eat it before I can stop them XD

I drop it in the basement. If you don't have a basement, then you can make a tiny square of basement, and just put the bowl there.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #536 on: May 18, 2013, 11:43:28 AM »
Ah, ok.  That makes sense.  I actually DO have a basement.  Thanks azokka ^^

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #537 on: May 18, 2013, 08:52:45 PM »
I usually "continue cooking" it if I've got someone who can eat it or clean it up if I don't.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #538 on: May 19, 2013, 09:52:34 AM »
 For Generation 2, I did sculpting as the supermax. She was very close to aging to adult and had not made very much progress in the skill challenges. So, I sent her to China. She got Pangu's Axe adventure series going and had a level 3 visa. She then bought a Vacation House. Every time she got a sleepy, hungry, dirty, lonely, or stir-crazy moodlet, she used the moodlet manager to cure it. So she spent the last ten days of her vacation sculpting. She managed to SUPERMAX sculpting and rack up 37K of sculptures. Actually more, but I had to sell the ice sculptures b/c they would melt. So, there's another 40K at least towards her career. She's two days from an adult and is a level 9 Sculptor in her career. Everything else is almost wrapped up. She'll definitely make it to immortality. So I guess you could call this a hint. :)
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #539 on: May 19, 2013, 03:04:19 PM »

Speaking of leaving ambrosia in the basement, don't do that if you have a ghost on your lot who can make ambrosia. Pablo nearly ruined Samura's Dojo Dynasty because I forgot that I'd left that bowl there. An unaccessible basement is no challenge for a ghost who can float through walls!  :P

anything