Author Topic: Alchemy  (Read 51299 times)

Offline Lessica

• Nooboo
Alchemy
« on: September 05, 2012, 07:17:27 PM »
Ok so I just started the Sims supernatural last night. I’ve been working on the alchemy skill the whole time. As of now I have mastered the skill and discovered all of the elixirs. Unfortunately I have not yet been able to make or test them all due to the fact that some ingredients are hard to find. There are a total of 44 elixirs.
Here’s a list of the elixirs I have made and tested:

•   Vial of Bliss-Level 1
Ingredients- Any food ingredient
-Gave a “In Bliss” Moodlet for 6hr with no mood effect and it filled fun and social half way

•   Invigorating Elixir-Level 1
Ingredients- Wolfsbane Flower
-Gave a “Invigorated” Moodlet for 6hr with no mood effect and it filled energy

•   Ad Nauseum-Level 1
Ingredients- Any Insect
-Gave a “Nauseous” Moodlet for 2hr with a -25 mood. Similar to when you eat spoiled food or have a pregnant Sim. After the 2hr were up my Sim went to the toilet to vomit.

•   Flask of Sleep-Level 1
Ingredients- Any Mushroom
-Gave a “chorofizzled” 6hr Moodlet with no mood effect and dropped energy by 1/3

•   Flask of Angry Bees- Level 2
Ingredients- Beeswax, Honey
-Made a swarm of angry bees. Gives the attacked Sim a “Bee Attack” Moodlet for 16m, while being attacked, with a -200 mood effect. I personally enjoyed watching the Sim run around screaming and trying to swat the bees.

•   Jar of Discord- Level 2
Ingredients- Mandrake Root
-Gave the “Upset” Moodlet for 3hr with a -15 mood. The description says “Provides a small amount of destruction to the relationship with another Sim.” Now It doesn’t do this automatically. However, since your Sim is now upset, they have more “Mean” interactions with another Sim. So when these interactions are used the relation will slowly go down.

•   Jar Of Friendship- Level 2
Ingredients- Red Valerian Root
-Throw at a Sim and instantly make them your friend

•   Cure Elixir- Level 2
Ingredients- Red Valerian Root, Mandrake Root
-Magical Afflictions vanish without affecting supernatural powers. For example  being turned into a zombie or toad.

•   Melancholy Serum-Level 3
Ingredients- Mandrake Root, Any Fish
-Gave the “Melancholy” Moodlet for 6hr with no mood effect. Dropped Fun by 1/3 and dropped social by ¼

•   Zombification-Level 3
Ingredients- Mandrake Root, Any mushroom, Any Insect
-Turns your Sim into a Zombie for 2 Sim days. Gives the “Zombified” Moodlet for 2Days with a-30 mood effect.  While as a zombie I didn’t do so much to see what your Sim can do while a zombie but, I did notice you can’t interact with any pets. Also you can dig up any garden plants by eating them but once you’re done the plant(s) is now dead.  A small note- if you have a garden and don’t want zombies destroying it I suggest building a fence around it with a gate and then locking the gate by only allowing your gardener Sim to enter.

•   Vampiric Sunscreen- Level 3
Ingredients- Any Metal, Any Insect
-Allows Vampires to walk around in the sun without any side effects. Gives a "Sparkly" Moodlet with +5 mood and last 12hr so one elixir should do your vampire good for a whole day.

•   Vial Of Enlightenment-Level 3
Ingredients- Any Mushroom, Any Gem/Gem powder
-Allows your Sim to gain a quick skill boost while sleeping. Gives the “Enlightened” Moodlet with no mood effect and goes away once your Sim has awakened. My Sim gained a cooking skill while she was sleeping.

•   Large and in Charge- Level 4
Ingredients- Wolfsbane Flower, Links
-Gain weight the quick and easy way. Your Sim simply becomes noticeably large with chubby cheeks and all.

•   Lean and Mean- Level 4
Ingredients- Wolfsbane Flower, Apple
-Your Sim becomes incredibly thin. There was no tone are muscle visible when I tried it out. Just a very skinny Sim.

•   Vial Of Potent Bliss-Level 4
Ingredients- Any Food Ingredient, Red Toadstool
-Gives the “In Ecstasy” Moodlet for 24hr. Also filled the Fun and social bar.

•   Skill Booster- Level 4
Ingredients- Red Valerian Root, Any Gem/Gem Powder
-Get a small boost towards improving skill

•   Essence of Magic- Level 4
Ingredients- Honey, Any Mushroom
-Restores a fairies’ or witches’ magic power bar to 100%

•   Flask of Potent Sleep- Level 5
Ingredients- Any Mushroom, Red Toadstool
-Gives the “Exhausted” Moodlet with a -50 mood effect and the “Chloroformed” Moodlet for 24hr with no mood effect. It drains your Sim’s energy bar completely down to red.  If your Sim can sleep until fully rested before the 24hr period when the “chloroformed” Moodlet runs out, your Sim’s energy bar will not deplete until the 24hr is up.

•   Personality Adjuster- Level 5
Ingredients- Red Valerian Root, Monarch Butterfly
-Changes one trait on affected Sim

•   Procreation Elixir- Level 5
Ingredients- Wolfsbane Flower, Red Toadstool
-The chance of conception is increased. Twins and triplets are also more likely. Give “A Twinkle in the Eye” Moodlet for 8hr with no mood effect.

•   Potent Melancholy Serum- Level 5
Ingredients- Mandrake Root, Any Fish, Spotlight Mushroom
-Depletes your Sims Fun meter completely down to red. This gives a “Stressed Out” Moodlet with a -40 mood effect. Also gives a “Uber Melancholy” Moodlet for 24hr with no mood effect

•   Liquid Job Booster- Level 6
Ingredients- Smokey Quartz, Spotlight Mushroom
-Gives a “Jobtastic” Moodlet for 24hr with no mood effect. This is a small boost in job performance. With all necessary skills up and in a good mood it increased my job performance half way while doing “business as usual”.

•   Jar of Potent Friendship- Level 6
Ingredients- Red Valerian Root, Beeswax
-Throw at a Sim and instantly make them your best friend

•   Potent Invigorating Elixir- Level 6
Ingredients- Wolfsbane Flower, Spotlight Mushroom
-Fills your Sim’s energy bar completely. Also gives a “Potently Invigorated” Mood for 24hr which doesn’t allow your energy bar to deplete in that 24hr period.

•   Jar of Potent Discord- Level 6
Ingredients- Mandrake Root, Beeswax
-Gives a 3hr Moodlet of “Upset” with a -15 mood. This allows you to have more “mean” social interactions with other sims.

•   Vial of Potent enlightenment- Level 7
Ingredients- Any Mushroom, Emerald, Red Toadstool
- Once asleep my your Sim will gain 2 skill points at random. Gives a “Pure Enlightenment” Moodlet with no mood effect which goes away once you sleep.

•   Opposite Personality- Level 7
Ingredients- Toad, Any Metal, Mycenas
-Changes traits on the effected Sim that have opposites. for example Flirty and unflirty, Good and evil.

•   Potent Cure Elixir- Level 7
Ingredients- Wolfsbane Flower, Glow Orbs, Ruby Gem
-Cures any Sim of a curse and Supernatural abilities. So if a supernatural Sim is hit with this elixir they become human. Also gives a “Feeling Cured” Moodlet for 2hr with a +25 mood.

•   Bottled Mummy Curse- Level 7
Ingredients- Crypt Moth, Scarab Beetle, Black Goldfish
-Mummy Curse in a bottle

•   Bottled Vampire Bite- Level 7
Ingredients- Red Valerian Root, Bloodstone Gem, Vampire Fish
-Become a Vampire

•   Bottled Curse of the Lycan- Level 8
Ingredients- Wolfsbane Flower, Moonstone Gem, Silver
-Become a Werewolf

•   Potent Personality Adjuster- Level 8
Ingredients- Red Valerian, Monarch Butterfly, Glow Orbs
-Change all 5 traits on the effected Sim. Note may choose the same trait as before to replace the old.

•   Age of Instant- Level 8
Ingredients- Royal Purple Butterfly, Any Fish, Red Valerian
-Age Up to next stage in life.

•   Bottled Simbot Convered- Level 8
Ingredients- Iron, Gold, Palladium
-Become a Simbot

•   Potent Skill Booster- Level 9
Ingredients- Red Valerian Root, Any Gem/ Gem Powder, Mycenas
-Gives you Sim two skill points on one skill at random instantly.

•   Bottled Witches’ Brew- Level 9
Ingredients- Toad, Light Beetle, Moonstone Gem
-Become a Witch

•   Vial Of Bottled Genie- Level 9
Ingredients- Firefly Pratinus, Firefly Caeruleus, Firefly Purpureus
-Turn Sim into a Genie

•   Fountain of Youth Elixir- Level 9
Ingredients- Any Mushroom, Tanzanite Gem, Green Swallowtail Butterfly
-Reverts a Sim to the beginning of Young Adult.

•   Bottled Blessing of the Fae- Level 10
Ingredients- Red Toadstool, Sunstone, Fairy Damsel Fish
-Become a Fairy

•   Wish Enhancing Serum- Level 10
Ingredients- Red Admiral Butterfly, Any Gem/ Gem Powder, Any Mushroom
-Gives "Wish Master" Moodlet for 24hr. Doubles Lifetime Reward Happiness points gained from any wishes saved in the 24 hr period that moodlet is active on sim.

•   Midas Touch- Level 10
Ingredients- Gold, Yellow Sapphire, Luminous Salamander
-Allow you to turn objects and Sims in to gold. Gives a “Golden” Moodlet for 6hr with a +15 mood. Makes Sims affected by the touch a 6hr “Heart of Gold” Moodlet with no mood effect and makes them frozen in time the 6hr period. Objects that can be affected by the touch include couches, chairs, décor items that have the option of “view” by a Sim, dressers and coffee tables. Appliances, end tables, dining tables, bookshelves, countertops, lamps, food, and so can’t be “touched”. Also by turning objects to gold you increase the value of the object by 200%

•   Origin of the Tragic Clown- Level 10
Ingredients- Any Insect, Mycenas, Tragic Clownfish
-Transforms your Sim into a tragic clown with a costume and make up. Gives a “Tragic Clown” Moodlet for 24h with a negative -40 mood

Here’s a List of the rest of the elixirs which I have yet had the chance to test. Therefore the descriptions are what it says in game.

•   Clone Drone- Level 8
Ingredients- Any Metal, Luminous Salamander, Diamond
-Perfect (or evil) Clone of any Sim

•   Potent Zombification- Level 9
Ingredients- Mandrake Root, Glow Orbs, Rhinoceros Beetle
-When temporarily being a Zombie isn’t enough

Offline Lysita

• Townie
Re: Alchemy
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 08:01:36 PM »
I know some people like to be able to just find this stuff, but personally I would like to come to grips with it on my own. So I haven't actually read this, just quickly scrolled to the bottom to give me opinion.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lessica

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 08:50:26 PM »
Thank you for your input but I guess this form wasn't for you. I only made this list because most of the descriptions that the game gives on each elixir is vague and you're not quite sure what it does exactly.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 09:04:25 PM »
Carl is actually working on the page for alchemy to put on the guide now. Soon he will have all this information. I'll let him know that you've placed this here and thank you for taking the time to type it out. Because it's a new expansion, not all of our guides are up yet but look for them in the near future.

Welcome to the forum.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Draigh

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 09:45:04 PM »
Age of Instant
The person transitions to the next age stage immediately (happy birthday).

Bottled Witches’ Brew is indeed quite simple, you become the supernatural Witch type. Comes with a training wand (from where, one wonders)

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 09:49:58 PM »
Friendship jars! I'll be replanting the red valerians I harvest I think to make more plants, making friends takes so long when you first start out. Make 20 of those, get the 20 friends charisma challenge and no more friendship decay, plus 20 elixirs towards the alchemy challenge. Score.

Offline Lessica

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 09:51:50 PM »
I figured Carl is working on a guide for the alchemy. I just posted this on here for the time being as a reference until the guide is finally posted.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 10:11:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum Lessica.

Thanks for taking the time to put this up. I've been wondering about the potions that can be made. Some of them sound really cool.

A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 11:07:21 PM »
I'd actually spent a good part of the day getting all the plants rounded up, but have my master alchemist ready to help me get info. This will actually save me a little time here and there as I'll be writing it immediately in the morning. Thanks a lot, Lessica!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 02:22:20 AM »
Welcome Lessica!  It was so thoughtful and kind of you to post all that info!  It's just the kind of thing we love here, people who want to help others and are willing to do the hard work.  Now MY brand new alchemist has an idea of what's in store for her.  (huggies)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Lessica

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 05:19:03 AM »
Thanks for the props everyone :). I play the sims a lot and I find myself on this site almost everytime I play and always learn something new. So I figured I'd give something back :D

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 05:26:16 AM »
Thanks for the props everyone :). I play the sims a lot and i find myself on this site almost everytime i play and always learn something new. So i figured i'd give some thing back :D

I won't have the expansion until tomorrow, but the very first Sim I plan to create is an alchemist. The wait is excruciating, so I'm very grateful for the preview!
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Draigh

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 10:35:21 AM »
The potent invigoration elixer fills your energy to max, gives you a 24h moodlet and nothing decreases your energy at all during this period.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 11:35:57 AM »
I'm happy to say every potion can be found in the Alchemy shop at one time or another. I essentially got all of them early on trying to buy a Witches' Brew and it took over a dozen buyouts of the inventory and $30,000. :P In the end, I had one of each from clearing the store, but obviously some are more rare than others. 

Potions are usually at the bottom. If you're desperate to turn a preexisting Sim into a witch, fairy etc. (cheating is bugged) you can opt to buy all the bottom third of the list and load it again. For buying ingredients, get the top half (generally).

You can learn 37/44 recipes using Research Alchemy at the Alchemy Station. The last 7 books can be found in the shop.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »
I'm happy to say every potion can be found in the Alchemy shop at one time or another. I essentially got all of them early on trying to buy a Witches' Brew and it took over a dozen buyouts of the inventory and $30,000. :P In the end, I had one of each from clearing the store, but obviously some are more rare than others. 

Potions are usually at the bottom. If you're desperate to turn a preexisting Sim into a witch, fairy etc. (cheating is bugged) you can opt to buy all the bottom third of the list and load it again. For buying ingredients, get the top half (generally).

You can learn 37/44 recipes using Research Alchemy at the Alchemy Station. The last 7 books can be found in the shop.

The potion recipes are also available at the bookstore but you might be able to get them at a discount at the elixir consignment shop.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'