Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233750 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 45 - To the Sky"
« Reply #285 on: November 28, 2012, 11:45:51 PM »
Aw, Magpie and Caitlin finally get along. Maybe.

Congrats to Barry and Liberty!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 45 - To the Sky"
« Reply #286 on: November 29, 2012, 12:05:14 AM »
 "...kneecaps in their elbows..."had me giggling so hard my cats thought I was playing with them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #287 on: November 29, 2012, 12:32:00 AM »
Such a gorgeous wedding Ausette!  Aside from the wardrobe mishap your lunatics seemed very well behaved!  I loved that you caught VJ crying during the ceremony ;D

Congratulations Barry and Libby!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #288 on: November 29, 2012, 02:44:17 AM »
What a fantastic way to wrap up Sunset Valley! That bit with Lisa was hilarious. It's a good thing she doesn't know what's really going on. Good luck to VJ and Magpie...it sounds like they're going to need it.

Elvin turned into a little cutie!

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #289 on: November 29, 2012, 03:32:00 AM »
Congratulations, Barry and Liberty! I loved their little honeymoon! So sweet!

Louise56

« Reply #290 on: November 29, 2012, 12:06:43 PM »
Congrats to the newlyweds! The wedding was beautiful. I hope we see Magpie again! :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #291 on: November 29, 2012, 08:59:56 PM »
Aw, Magpie and Caitlin finally get along. Maybe.

Congrats to Barry and Liberty!

Thanks Trip  :). Caitlin and Magpie clash a bit, but they're actually fairly close. It's cute.

"...kneecaps in their elbows..."had me giggling so hard my cats thought I was playing with them.

That sounds delightful! :D I should probably apologise but I can't bring myself to feel guilty over that.

Such a gorgeous wedding Ausette!  Aside from the wardrobe mishap your lunatics seemed very well behaved!  I loved that you caught VJ crying during the ceremony ;D

Congratulations Barry and Libby!

They were very well-behaved, weren't they! Lol, I didn't even notice VJ crying, that's hilarious.  ;D

What a fantastic way to wrap up Sunset Valley! That bit with Lisa was hilarious. It's a good thing she doesn't know what's really going on. Good luck to VJ and Magpie...it sounds like they're going to need it.

Elvin turned into a little cutie!

Thanks Raia! I was totally not expecting the city hall ceremony and had heaps of fun working it into the storyline. Ooh, and you've reminded me to post that close-up of Elvin as a teen! I'll get to that.

Congratulations, Barry and Liberty! I loved their little honeymoon! So sweet!

Thanks Roxanne! I've decided to make it a traition that my Sims get honeymoons/wedding nights. It's fun thinking up new locations.

Congrats to the newlyweds! The wedding was beautiful. I hope we see Magpie again! :)

Thanks Louise! I hope we see her too. At the moment I'm still trying to decide how to work her back into the story later on.

Here's the picture of Elvin that I promised you all a while ago:

By the look of it he has Tammie's hair, Caitlin's eyes and jaw, and Arlo's everything else. I think he turned out cute!

Also, I'd love to post a chapter today but my game is crashing repeatedly. I've uninstalled some premium content so hopefully that will help.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #292 on: November 30, 2012, 05:01:45 AM »
He is really cute! I hope your game behave. :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #293 on: November 30, 2012, 08:57:47 PM »
Oh, and because of you, I'll never be able to un-see those kneecap elbows!

Elvin's adorable. You'd almost never think that he was a child of Arlo.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #294 on: December 01, 2012, 11:32:53 PM »
He is really cute! I hope your game behave. :)

Thanks Louise, fingers crossed.  :)

Oh, and because of you, I'll never be able to un-see those kneecap elbows!

Elvin's adorable. You'd almost never think that he was a child of Arlo.

Ha, my pleasure ;D. You will all share my pain.

The funny thing about Elvin is that he got Arlo's most distinctive feature (the nose) and it looks completely different on him. I think Caitlin's pretty eyes and round jaw soften it somewhat.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 46 - Bubs and Bubbles"
« Reply #295 on: December 02, 2012, 04:15:30 AM »
Chapter 46 – Bubs and Bubbles

Hello everyone! I’m thrilled to welcome the Joneses and their readers to Lunar Lakes. It's so pretty! I bought it on sale a few weeks ago and just had to work it into the town roster. This is actually the first time I’ve played Sims in this world apart from when I playtested some buildings, including the new house for the generation.

This ugly thing is Pod Hog, a futuristic living compartment with six bedrooms and five bathrooms. I’m actually really excited that I’ve built homes from scratch for two generations now. I could never build big family houses before I played this family.

We also have the futuristic MultiTab to play with! Now Hope can learn her Guitar skill twice as fast once we figure out how to make it work.

Remember how the last maid was a slacker? Well, this one’s just chatty. He stops work to talk with everyone in the household, especially Hope. Ben's planning on making a lot of the appliances self-cleaning, but still!

Ben doesn’t have to work anymore because I didn’t build a fire station the low concentration of oxygen in the atmosphere prevents large fires from occurring, so now he spends his free time working on the Marathon Runner skill challenge. I never thought I'd say this, but I kind of miss him "I'm a Firefighter"-ing everone.

Liberty makes some potions and helps Barry max his logic skill. He’s as ready as he’ll ever be for the Lunar Lakes chess tournaments.

Even with Magpie gone, the house is getting a bit overcrowded. It’s time for Courage and Kelley to move out and start a family of their own. Hope stays with the main household though, because what would the Joneses be without superfluous female relatives?

Sundays are rather boring and the Joneses need to meet people, so at dusk the rest of the family drives to a nightclub in Lisa’s tour bus.

Yes, Lunar Lakes has a club now! I went on a building spree and turned Natatorium Pool into a poolside club. The family members make themselves right at home.

“Tights under swimsuits? Now I’ve seen everything.”
“Oh, you must be new here! This look is all the rage on this planet. The tights protect your legs from the sand and the bathing suit shows off your figure. You should try it.”
“No way. Although I’ll be interested to hear how you use the toilet in that getup.”

“Hope, I have to EAT at this table! I can’t do that if your great big dirty feet are dancing on it!”
“Lighten up, Libby! Where’s your sense of fun?”
“I think it’d be better to ask about your sense of respect. What you’re doing is unhygienic and inconvenient for the diners. Barry, get over here and back me up! Barry?”

“Wheeee, it’s a bubble! Bubble bubble bubble!”

Aaaaand crash to desktop. Maybe I should have played Lunar Lakes more before the move. This isn’t going to be a pattern, is it?

When I start up the game again, Barry goes straight for the bubble blower. It's almost as if he remembers his time at the club. In any case we’ll be having a quiet night in this time.

Well, not that quiet.

Liberty goes into labour just after she visits the spa. I probably shouldn’t have bought her that expensive deep tissue massage.

Luckily the hospital isn’t too far down the road. Barry meets up with Liberty just in time for the birth of Amanda Jones (who from now on shall be simply known as “Mandy”).

Here’s a close-up of Mandy for all those nooboo photo lovers out there. Consider it compensation for rushing through the baby/toddler years like I always do.

Barry makes an adorable dad. He does everything autonomously – playing, changing, feeding, you name it. He even brings Mandy to the living room to watch cooking shows with him.

Barry pops a wish to woohoo with Liberty again, so I take this as an invitation to have them try for another baby. I'm sure that was his intention anyway.

Soon it’s time for a double birthday party. First up is Barry, who’s aging into an Adult. Seems strange that he’s already middle aged, doesn’t it?

“So how does that midlife crisis feel, old man?”
“You’ll find out soon enough.”
“Hey! I’ll have you know I’m still ten days to adult!”
“Sorry Kelley, we’ve all seen your life bar. Everyone knows I’m only a day older than you.”
Hrmph.

The other birthday is of course Mandy’s. The family gnomes come out to celebrate.

And here's little Mandy as a toddler, looking very much like her mother but with Ben’s colouration. Mandy’s traits are Athletic and Light Sleeper and she likes pop music, veggie rolls and the colour lime. Tune in next time to meet her new brother or sister!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #296 on: December 02, 2012, 05:14:02 AM »
Aww, super-cuteness! I was hoping that Barry would make a good daddy. Good luck to Ben on his skill challenge. Isn't that supposed to extend the lifespan a touch...? I don't want to see Ben go anytime soon. :(

Louise56

« Reply #297 on: December 02, 2012, 08:21:35 AM »
Aww... Mandy is a cutie! Great update. ;D

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #298 on: December 02, 2012, 08:35:59 AM »
Mandy is so cute! What is up with the maid's hair color?! Great update!

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #299 on: December 02, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »
I knew it! I knew the Joneses were heading to Lunar Lakes! I've seen the skies there!  ;)

Fingers crossed for no more crashes. I'm actually playing a long-term game in Lunar Lakes, and I'm not having any problems so far. Have you considered using a crash analyzer to find out what's wrong? ( that is, if the crashing hasn't stopped )

And a big welcome to Mandy!

anything