Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233578 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 42 - Lifetimes"
« Reply #255 on: November 18, 2012, 10:31:21 AM »
29/30 sims saved is a great number. I just hope Ben gets to reach his goal!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2012, 06:45:13 PM »
Great update! I can't believe Ben and Lisa are elders now.

Thanks Corey! I can't believe how fast it went either.

I love the update, you have a great sense of humor lol!
I hope Ben gets his lifetime wish before you move. I'm not sure, but I think ut re sets the rescues to nil.
It did when I have to move a firefighter to the clipboard.

Thank you Louise  :). Yes, I've played fire-fighters before and the numbers do reset when you move them to the clipboard. It's the reason why I've never completed the lifetime wish before. I'm planning on having Ben retire once we get to the new town.

Sigh, so excellent and funny as always.  This time the flying elders cracked me up the most ;D

How I love hearing that people share my sense of humour!  ;D Thanks Silverbella.

There is something immensely satisfying about watching elder sims on a trampoline. It's like they've gone back in time and are enjoying being kids again. :)

I just realized that Barry's Loser trait may impede his LTW. Yipes!

The trampoline is one of my favourite items, purely because of the faces Sims make when they use it.  :)

I didn't think of that! Poor Barry, no wonder he keeps losing games.  :(

29/30 sims saved is a great number. I just hope Ben gets to reach his goal!

We're nearing the end of Sunset Valley, so you'll see if he gets it soon!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #257 on: November 19, 2012, 04:47:05 AM »
Lovely updates, Ausette! I've been away from the forum for a while and now that I'm back, I'm really glad to find so many wonderful updates to read!  :)

And I love the picture of Ben and Lisa on the trampoline! It's just so cool to trampoline by the ocean ( in your undies  :P )!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2012, 05:15:03 AM »
It's nice to see you back, Roxanne! How far back did you have to read? It must have been strange skipping through the generations so fast.  :P

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2012, 03:00:35 PM »
Thanks. It's good to be back.  :) 

I went back to chapter 30, I think, to Ben and Lisa's wedding. It was really fun and I enjoyed every bit. Imagine having all of your favorite TV show's episodes available instead of having to wait for each episode to come out!

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #260 on: November 21, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »
That was hilarious.  I kinda like the look of the burnt cake, it's sort of goth!
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2012, 06:02:33 PM »
Thanks. It's good to be back.  :) 

I went back to chapter 30, I think, to Ben and Lisa's wedding. It was really fun and I enjoyed every bit. Imagine having all of your favorite TV show's episodes available instead of having to wait for each episode to come out!

Sorry for not replying earlier, you'd just stunned me into silence! Thanks heaps for your kind words, Roxanne.  :)

That was hilarious.  I kinda like the look of the burnt cake, it's sort of goth!

Lol, thanks Odinsdottir! If I ever get you a gift I'll be sure to burn it.  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 43 - Breakthroughs"
« Reply #262 on: November 22, 2012, 08:50:10 AM »
My uni exams for the year are OVER!  ;D Now I only have to use my brain when I actually want to. I think this calls for an update.

Chapter 43 – Breakthroughs

Ben has a pleasant weekend reading romance novels. I don't know what it is about my Sims, but once they reach a certain age they're suddenly all about trashy literature. The dozens of bookshelves the family has owned have provided lots of copies of standard books, so now Ben's inventory contains at least seven "A Magnetic Attraction"s. Also, Barry and Liberty can be adorable and read novels together on free will.

“Hmm, I think the prince is motivated by a thirst for justice and the desire to live up to his father.”
 “…and he’s held back by his feelings of self-doubt and inadequacy.”
“Exactly! You’re so smart, Barry.”
“No, you’re so smart!”
“No, you are!”

On Monday, Ben gets called in for an emergency. Could this be the day? He rushes to the scene.

There’s a fire at the Goddard house, and two Sims are trapped inside! Ben quickly douses the flames with his hose and then breaks through the door with his axe.

Calm down, Anne Song! Not only have you been saved from a horrible death, but you’ve just helped Ben complete his lifetime wish! YAY!

Now that’s the face of a satisfied Sim. Well done, Benjamin Jones. Well done.  :D

Ben also saved the other Sim in the house, by the way. I felt like I needed to clarify that.

Ben’s achievement inspires the rest of the family to work even harder. Hope continues to advance her drumming skill, this time by playing for tips in the park. That’s a mighty big tip jar, Hope! Feeling a bit ambitious, are we?

Courage is very slowly getting promotions at the warehouse. Here he is looking snappy in his new uniform.

...And here he is getting arrested in his new uniform. I’d make a comment about how frequently this happens, but to be honest he’s nowhere near as bad as Alicia.

At least he makes it out of prison in time for his wedding day. Side note: I thought you might be sick of my “I’m throwing a party, so here’s a picture of a Sim on the phone” trend, so to make this one more interesting I got Courage to take off his shirt first. Enjoy.

Anyway, they rent the beach near Kelley’s house and cover it in the usual party clutter. Invitations are sent to friends and rellies on both sides of the family.

Little Elvin Bunch sets up a cake stall on the beach. Is he trying to help with the catering, or exploiting a family event for a quick buck? Who cares, he’s adorable! Look at his little muscle shirt!

The party has a fantastic turnout. We even get a few gate crashers, such as Christopher Steel in the corner there.

“Boooo! Marrying for love is overrated!”

And then he leaves. No joke; he runs in, yells angrily at the groom, and runs away again. That’s his entire contribution to the event.

I think Christopher Steel needs a girlfriend.

Ah, it's just so nice to see a crowded dance floor for once. I think most of the guests are in this picture. There’s really only one important Sim missing...

The bride.

“Kelley, darling! Are you home? Great, I want you to look out your bedroom window and tell me what you see at the beach. Yeeeeah. What? No, I can’t wait another forty minutes for your stylist to finish! How about thirty?”

Two hours and four invitations later, Kelley arrives at the wedding fashionably late.

And what do you know, she’s just in time for the sunset.

Congratulations, Courage and Kelley Jones!

It's rather late by the time the cake is cut. The guests drift back to their homes after that, leaving just a few stragglers and Joneses behind.

“Wasn’t it a beautiful wedding, Barry?”
“Yeah, I guess...”
“You guess? Are you okay, sweetie?”
“Yes, um… Listen, can we talk seriously about something for a moment?”
“Huh, sure.”

“Liberty… I love you. Have I ever told you that?”
“I already know how you feel about me, Barry. That’s why I asked you to move in.”
“See, that’s the problem! It was you asking me to move in, you asking me to the dance, you getting me to go anywhere in this relationship. I’ve never taken the first step before.”
“Don't be silly, you don't need initiative when you're with me!”
“But I do! There’s a step I want to take with you and it’s about time I stopped being such a Loser and just went for it!”

“Liberty Tamara Jones, will you marry me?”

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #263 on: November 22, 2012, 09:02:23 AM »
Great update! You left us with a cliffhanger!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 43 - Breakthroughs"
« Reply #264 on: November 22, 2012, 09:07:39 AM »
Aww, that's so sweet! And, all ready for the next town. Congratulations!

Louise56

« Reply #265 on: November 22, 2012, 10:14:14 AM »
Congratulations Ben! The wedding was lovely, even if Chris don't like. :P

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #266 on: November 22, 2012, 11:19:58 AM »
Ah, Elvin is quite the little entrepreneur. :) It wouldn't be a Jones wedding without SOME chaos, would it?

Congrats to Ben on getting his LTW!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #267 on: November 22, 2012, 11:25:52 AM »
Congrats on the wedding!

And tell Ben I think he has great taste in literature!

thesweetestpea

« Reply #268 on: November 22, 2012, 11:34:53 AM »
I'm just jumping in to say congratulations to Ben and Courage. I've been quietly watching from the first day and I wanted to let you know how much I'm loving it. :)

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #269 on: November 22, 2012, 04:58:28 PM »
Yay, congratulations on finishing your exams Ausette!  I'm so happy for Ben too!!

Christopher Steel showing up just to heckle bitterly was hilarious!  And having Courage make all of his phone calls shirtless was definitely a brilliant idea ;D   

anything