Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 74818 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 42 - Lifetimes"
« Reply #250 on: November 17, 2012, 08:10:02 PM »
Chapter 42 – Lifetimes

Every morning, Barry and Liberty play chess on the beach together. Barry needs to play as much as possible before he tries the tournaments, so when Liberty’s at work he has to rope in other members of the household.

“Stop throwing your pawns away! You need those to build a solid defence against my rooks!”
“I’m sorry! You know, I think it’d be easier to learn if you let me have the first turn for once.”
“Do you think your challengers will let you have the first turn, Keaton? NO! They won’t! Now tell me exactly what outcome you’d get if you took out my knight with your queen.”
“…I think I liked it better when I had to give you money to stick around.”

Meanwhile, a fire at the Bachelor house brings Ben’s total number of rescues up to 29/30. We’re so close!

Ben’s not the only one in the house getting close to their goals. After a lifetime of solid effort, Lisa finally maxes her painting skill, becoming a Master of the Arts just in time for her elder birthday.

The birthday’s a quiet affair with only Ben, Barry and Magpie in attendance.

Well, that was the plan.

“Fear not, my love! This is just a minor drawback. I’ll have another cake for you in minutes.”
“NO! I REFUSE to get old and saggy! I’LL BURN EVERYTHING IF YOU MAKE ME! EVERYTHING!
“You want to help me with my lifetime wish? A noble gesture, darling, but an unnecessary one.”
“AAARGH!”

Onto round two! Okay, this just seems off. Lisa’s looking a bit unhinged and Magpie looks downright bored.

*pant pant* “I got here as fast as I could. Where’s the fire?”
“The Fire Chief has already dealt with it personally. Now get out before I get old!”
“Wait, this hottie’s becoming an elder?”

“NOOOOOOO!”

And he runs from the house without looking back just in time for the sparkles to hit.

Poor Lisa, she really didn’t want to age up. I half expected her to set the kitchen on fire again.

“Is it bad, Ben?”
“Why, you look as beautiful as you did the day we were wed! Isn’t that right, Magpie?”
“Don’t ask me questions. I’m just here for the cake.”

Lisa dwells on her lost youth for a while. She autonomously paints this picture just after her birthday.

…And does this when I put it in storage. Do you think she planned the dramatic shadows?

In the end, Ben’s the one who snaps Lisa out of her mood. There’s nothing quite like trampoline-ing in your undies to make you feel young.

Whoa, not that young! You want to live to see your grandkids, right?

Courage gets sprayed by the sink as a prank. Normally this wouldn’t be worth posting, but I checked Hope and Liberty’s moodlet panels and neither of them set the trap. So I looked around a bit more and guess what? It was Magpie! That sink’s been booby-trapped since Magpie was a teen! It’s possible that the trap is older than Courage is!

I can't believe she still got the moodlet for that. She's been waiting for that trap to pay off for over twenty years, and after all this time she's finally satisfied.

Or maybe she’s just happy about how her chess game is going. Barry consistently loses to her.

Ben gets called to his next emergency, but it’s only a small house fire and there aren’t any Sims that need rescuing. Come on, just one more rescue! It looks like won’t manage until next week. Luckily, in the meantime we have a bachelor party at the Recurve Strand! Who doesn’t love wearing formalwear to the beach? Let’s hope the ladies know not to wear high heels.

And how the attractions fly! Some guests express interest in up to three of the Joneses at once. You think you’d know not to hit on someone who invited you to his bachelor party, Sabrina.

Worse still, Courage and Sabrina end up in the hot tub together, and it looks like Courage got Ben’s swimwear when he aged up! Goodness me, I hope that’s just a copy and not a hand-me-down.

“You’re… you’re just going to sit there? You don’t want to watch us dance?”
“Nah, I’m good.”
“Candy here is the best party dancer in the valley. Are you sure you want to miss that?”
“I’m sure.”
“Ugh. Fine, but you’re never going to see moves like this again.”

“Get me a spotlight, ladies. THIS is how you do it.”

Oh, Hope.

Courage has a wonderful time at his party and doesn’t end up flirting with Sabrina (phew!). He has to work tomorrow, so he goes home a little early, satisfied in the knowledge that his party will continue without him, and will be EPIC.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #251 on: November 17, 2012, 08:22:34 PM »
Great update! I can't believe Ben and Lisa are elders now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2012, 02:01:58 AM »
I love the update, you have a great sense of humor lol!
I hope Ben gets his lifetime wish before you move. I'm not sure, but I think it reset the rescues to nil.
It did when I have to move a firefighter to the clipboard.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2012, 03:09:41 AM »
Sigh, so excellent and funny as always.  This time the flying elders cracked me up the most ;D

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2012, 04:15:31 AM »
There is something immensely satisfying about watching elder sims on a trampoline. It's like they've gone back in time and are enjoying being kids again. :)

I just realized that Barry's Loser trait may impede his LTW. Yipes!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #255 on: November 18, 2012, 10:31:21 AM »
29/30 sims saved is a great number. I just hope Ben gets to reach his goal!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2012, 06:45:13 PM »
Great update! I can't believe Ben and Lisa are elders now.

Thanks Corey! I can't believe how fast it went either.

I love the update, you have a great sense of humor lol!
I hope Ben gets his lifetime wish before you move. I'm not sure, but I think ut re sets the rescues to nil.
It did when I have to move a firefighter to the clipboard.

Thank you Louise  :). Yes, I've played fire-fighters before and the numbers do reset when you move them to the clipboard. It's the reason why I've never completed the lifetime wish before. I'm planning on having Ben retire once we get to the new town.

Sigh, so excellent and funny as always.  This time the flying elders cracked me up the most ;D

How I love hearing that people share my sense of humour!  ;D Thanks Silverbella.

There is something immensely satisfying about watching elder sims on a trampoline. It's like they've gone back in time and are enjoying being kids again. :)

I just realized that Barry's Loser trait may impede his LTW. Yipes!

The trampoline is one of my favourite items, purely because of the faces Sims make when they use it.  :)

I didn't think of that! Poor Barry, no wonder he keeps losing games.  :(

29/30 sims saved is a great number. I just hope Ben gets to reach his goal!

We're nearing the end of Sunset Valley, so you'll see if he gets it soon!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #257 on: November 19, 2012, 04:47:05 AM »
Lovely updates, Ausette! I've been away from the forum for a while and now that I'm back, I'm really glad to find so many wonderful updates to read!  :)

And I love the picture of Ben and Lisa on the trampoline! It's just so cool to trampoline by the ocean ( in your undies  :P )!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2012, 05:15:03 AM »
It's nice to see you back, Roxanne! How far back did you have to read? It must have been strange skipping through the generations so fast.  :P

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2012, 03:00:35 PM »
Thanks. It's good to be back.  :) 

I went back to chapter 30, I think, to Ben and Lisa's wedding. It was really fun and I enjoyed every bit. Imagine having all of your favorite TV show's episodes available instead of having to wait for each episode to come out!

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #260 on: November 21, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »
That was hilarious.  I kinda like the look of the burnt cake, it's sort of goth!
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2012, 06:02:33 PM »
Thanks. It's good to be back.  :) 

I went back to chapter 30, I think, to Ben and Lisa's wedding. It was really fun and I enjoyed every bit. Imagine having all of your favorite TV show's episodes available instead of having to wait for each episode to come out!

Sorry for not replying earlier, you'd just stunned me into silence! Thanks heaps for your kind words, Roxanne.  :)

That was hilarious.  I kinda like the look of the burnt cake, it's sort of goth!

Lol, thanks Odinsdottir! If I ever get you a gift I'll be sure to burn it.  :P

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 43 - Breakthroughs"
« Reply #262 on: November 22, 2012, 08:50:10 AM »
My uni exams for the year are OVER!  ;D Now I only have to use my brain when I actually want to. I think this calls for an update.

Chapter 43 – Breakthroughs

Ben has a pleasant weekend reading romance novels. I don't know what it is about my Sims, but once they reach a certain age they're suddenly all about trashy literature. The dozens of bookshelves the family has owned have provided lots of copies of standard books, so now Ben's inventory contains at least seven "A Magnetic Attraction"s. Also, Barry and Liberty can be adorable and read novels together on free will.

“Hmm, I think the prince is motivated by a thirst for justice and the desire to live up to his father.”
 “…and he’s held back by his feelings of self-doubt and inadequacy.”
“Exactly! You’re so smart, Barry.”
“No, you’re so smart!”
“No, you are!”

On Monday, Ben gets called in for an emergency. Could this be the day? He rushes to the scene.

There’s a fire at the Goddard house, and two Sims are trapped inside! Ben quickly douses the flames with his hose and then breaks through the door with his axe.

Calm down, Anne Song! Not only have you been saved from a horrible death, but you’ve just helped Ben complete his lifetime wish! YAY!

Now that’s the face of a satisfied Sim. Well done, Benjamin Jones. Well done.  :D

Ben also saved the other Sim in the house, by the way. I felt like I needed to clarify that.

Ben’s achievement inspires the rest of the family to work even harder. Hope continues to advance her drumming skill, this time by playing for tips in the park. That’s a mighty big tip jar, Hope! Feeling a bit ambitious, are we?

Courage is very slowly getting promotions at the warehouse. Here he is looking snappy in his new uniform.

...And here he is getting arrested in his new uniform. I’d make a comment about how frequently this happens, but to be honest he’s nowhere near as bad as Alicia.

At least he makes it out of prison in time for his wedding day. Side note: I thought you might be sick of my “I’m throwing a party, so here’s a picture of a Sim on the phone” trend, so to make this one more interesting I got Courage to take off his shirt first. Enjoy.

Anyway, they rent the beach near Kelley’s house and cover it in the usual party clutter. Invitations are sent to friends and rellies on both sides of the family.

Little Elvin Bunch sets up a cake stall on the beach. Is he trying to help with the catering, or exploiting a family event for a quick buck? Who cares, he’s adorable! Look at his little muscle shirt!

The party has a fantastic turnout. We even get a few gate crashers, such as Christopher Steel in the corner there.

“Boooo! Marrying for love is overrated!”

And then he leaves. No joke; he runs in, yells angrily at the groom, and runs away again. That’s his entire contribution to the event.

I think Christopher Steel needs a girlfriend.

Ah, it's just so nice to see a crowded dance floor for once. I think most of the guests are in this picture. There’s really only one important Sim missing...

The bride.

“Kelley, darling! Are you home? Great, I want you to look out your bedroom window and tell me what you see at the beach. Yeeeeah. What? No, I can’t wait another forty minutes for your stylist to finish! How about thirty?”

Two hours and four invitations later, Kelley arrives at the wedding fashionably late.

And what do you know, she’s just in time for the sunset.

Congratulations, Courage and Kelley Jones!

It's rather late by the time the cake is cut. The guests drift back to their homes after that, leaving just a few stragglers and Joneses behind.

“Wasn’t it a beautiful wedding, Barry?”
“Yeah, I guess...”
“You guess? Are you okay, sweetie?”
“Yes, um… Listen, can we talk seriously about something for a moment?”
“Huh, sure.”

“Liberty… I love you. Have I ever told you that?”
“I already know how you feel about me, Barry. That’s why I asked you to move in.”
“See, that’s the problem! It was you asking me to move in, you asking me to the dance, you getting me to go anywhere in this relationship. I’ve never taken the first step before.”
“Don't be silly, you don't need initiative when you're with me!”
“But I do! There’s a step I want to take with you and it’s about time I stopped being such a Loser and just went for it!”

“Liberty Tamara Jones, will you marry me?”

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #263 on: November 22, 2012, 09:02:23 AM »
Great update! You left us with a cliffhanger!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 43 - Breakthroughs"
« Reply #264 on: November 22, 2012, 09:07:39 AM »
Aww, that's so sweet! And, all ready for the next town. Congratulations!

Louise56

« Reply #265 on: November 22, 2012, 10:14:14 AM »
Congratulations Ben! The wedding was lovely, even if Chris don't like. :P

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #266 on: November 22, 2012, 11:19:58 AM »
Ah, Elvin is quite the little entrepreneur. :) It wouldn't be a Jones wedding without SOME chaos, would it?

Congrats to Ben on getting his LTW!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #267 on: November 22, 2012, 11:25:52 AM »
Congrats on the wedding!

And tell Ben I think he has great taste in literature!

thesweetestpea

« Reply #268 on: November 22, 2012, 11:34:53 AM »
I'm just jumping in to say congratulations to Ben and Courage. I've been quietly watching from the first day and I wanted to let you know how much I'm loving it. :)

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #269 on: November 22, 2012, 04:58:28 PM »
Yay, congratulations on finishing your exams Ausette!  I'm so happy for Ben too!!

Christopher Steel showing up just to heckle bitterly was hilarious!  And having Courage make all of his phone calls shirtless was definitely a brilliant idea ;D   

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #270 on: November 22, 2012, 07:16:53 PM »
Great update! You left us with a cliffhanger!

Thanks Corey, did I really?  ;)

Aww, that's so sweet! And, all ready for the next town. Congratulations!

Thank you jude! I've still got a couple of chapters before the move (I seem to be stretching this world out more than usual), but we'll definitely be in the next one by chapter 46 or 47.

Congratulations Ben! The wedding was lovely, even if Chris don't like. :P

Thanks Louise  :). I worried that the arch wouldn't look any good (I don't have the Sunlit Tides one), but luckily it turned out OK anyway!

Ah, Elvin is quite the little entrepreneur. :) It wouldn't be a Jones wedding without SOME chaos, would it?

Congrats to Ben on getting his LTW!

Spot on as always, Raia! :) Thanks for the congratulations.

Congrats on the wedding!

And tell Ben I think he has great taste in literature!

Thanks saltpastillen, I'll definitely pass it along! I also love a good cheesy romance.  :D

I'm just jumping in to say congratulations to Ben and Courage. I've been quietly watching from the first day and I wanted to let you know how much I'm loving it. :)

Thanks so much, sweetest pea! I love it when the lurkers come out of the shadows.  :)

Yay, congratulations on finishing your exams Ausette!  I'm so happy for Ben too!!

Christopher Steel showing up just to heckle bitterly was hilarious!  And having Courage make all of his phone calls shirtless was definitely a brilliant idea ;D   

Thanks Silverbella, exams went pretty well! Christopher Steel cracked me up too. I think I Courage and I may have been inspired by you and Sawyer.  ;)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 44 - Diamonds"
« Reply #271 on: November 25, 2012, 08:31:53 AM »
Chapter 44 – Diamonds

Barry! I… I…”
“Please say yes?”
“YES! I can’t believe it! Oh, Barry!”

As if she’d refuse! Now they can be adorable together for all eternity.

At this point I start wondering what Lisa’s up to. I was expecting her to be uncooperative given her relationship with the bride, but imagine my surprise when I double-click her portrait and find her at home! Missing your own son’s wedding, now that’s cold.

I get her to beach like a good Sims player, but all she does is fling insults at one of the four remaining guests. As for the other three…

“Help us! We can’t get out of this intricate labyrinth of flimsy wicker chairs!”

I was accidentally holding them at the wedding against their will. Sorry, guys! Here, take a bunch of ResetSims with your names on them. Now I feel like I’m handing out certificates or something.

After the wedding the newlyweds head down the road to Kelley’s cottage, which she's had to herself since her mum passed away of old age. It’s a nice quiet place for her to spend the night with her new husband.

Her past hasn't harmed her self-esteem, but being the illegitimate daughter of an antisocial criminal is something Kelley wants to distance herself from. So the morning after her wedding, she sells her house and moves in with the Joneses, bringing the number of Sims in the household up to eight.

She's so pretty! Don’t let her know I said that. Kelley’s got a strange set of traits: Eccentric, Easily Impressed, Athletic, Dog Person, and of course Diva. Hilariously, her inventory contains an award for Most Likely to be Mediocre. Ouch!

Kelley's reaction to her makeover catches me off guard. She covers her mouth all seriously and I suddenly find myself feeling sad and guilty for taking away her old look. Is it possible that by dressing her up I’ve robbed her of her individuality?

I should have known better.

“MWAH! You’re moving up in the world now, gorgeous! You never see accessories like this on townies, do you? I was born to be a playable, I always knew it. Now when can I start skilling?”

Wait, what?

Well what do you know, Kelley’s a bit of a geek! Her first wishes when she moves in are to buy an inventing table, join the inventing career, join the ghost hunting career and write a science fiction novel. So much for being an idle trophy wife.

Nobody’s idle in this household, and that includes the twins. Liberty’s a proper copper now as a Patrol Officer. Her father couldn’t be prouder of her.

Hope finally maxes her Drumming one night at the park. She rushes home just in time for her sister’s bachelorette party.

For this party, I’ve decided to leave everyone on free will except for when they pop easy wishes. All the Sims promptly crowd around the bar.

All the Sims. Oi, you in the speedo! You’re supposed to be dancing for us!

Liberty wants a toast. That's an easy wish.

“Here’s to Liberty, the best sister I could ever ask for when she’s not threatening to arrest me and stuff. Cheers!”

Courage: “Hey Kelley, how about a flirt from your husband?”
VJ: “HUSBAND?”

Oh man, these facial expressions just crack me up! Notice Liberty face-palming in the back there. Poor Courage stands there for hours with a flirt in his action queue waiting for Kelley to stop dancing.

Lisa: *sniff* “I wish I objected at the wedding when I had the chance!”
Kelley: “I’m sorry, what was that?”
Lisa: “Nothing, Jessica Rabbit. I mean Kelley.”

What? I put Kelley in that hairdo and the red dress followed naturally. If only I had that floor-length gown from Sweet Treats.

The parties dies down the following morning, but VJ hangs around until two in the afternoon. It’s almost as if he’s… waiting for someone.

OK, VJ. I get the hint.

“Well well well, you do still live here.”
“I told you, VJ. Just two more days.”
“Yeah, whatever. Interesting hairstyle, by the way. People will think you’re my sister.”
Good.

Yes, just one more wedding and the family will leave Sunset Valley behind. All we have to do is pack and clean. We have a maid to help with the cleaning, but...

“You’re not gonna finish this ice cream? SWEET!”

...Yeah. There's a lot of work to do.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #272 on: November 25, 2012, 08:34:17 AM »
Sorry about the double post, but I'm having a bit of a dilemma - I can't start the next world until I decide who's going to be heir! Who do you guys prefer, Kelley and Courage or Barry and Liberty? I'm currently leaning towards Liberty but it'd be nice to hear your opinions.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #273 on: November 25, 2012, 08:58:34 AM »
Sorry about the double post, but I'm having a bit of a dilemma - I can't start the next world until I decide who's going to be heir! Who do you guys prefer, Kelley and Courage or Barry and Liberty? I'm currently leaning towards Liberty but it'd be nice to hear your opinions.

I'd like to see Courage and Kelley carry on. I love the Ursine babies and Courage is definitely a sweetie with that face. He reminds me of someone I know actually... :)

Louise56

« Reply #274 on: November 25, 2012, 11:31:49 AM »
O also would like to see Courage and Kelly continue. Their nooboos will be very interesting! :D