Author Topic: Bloodstone,Moonstone and Sunstone and new cuts  (Read 37617 times)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Bloodstone,Moonstone and Sunstone and new cuts
« on: September 07, 2012, 01:11:02 AM »
With this EP we finally got both new gems and new cuts!

Bloodstone, Moonstone and Sunstone are new gems, while new cuts are Sun cut, Moon cut and Gem dust.

(this is night picture and gems are glowing)

Sun and Moon cuts are available after Star cut, and both cost 600$ or for free if your Sim owns the gem cutting machine. Another good reason to have that machine is that you get gem dust after cutting any gem into any cut, but you can also send your gems to be cut into gem dust if you happen to want it in large amounts.

I bought Moonstone and gem dusts of Sunstone and Moonstone in Alchemy shop, and got a lot of Bloodstones while breaking boards (and 2 Sunstones). I didn't find them in the town so far but haven't been looking for them that much neither.
(working on completing my gem collection with these new additions :) )

Offline Lysita

• Townie
Re: Bloodstone,Moonstone and Sunstone and new cuts
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 01:14:34 AM »
EA! Why'd you have to go and change a perfectly good stone so much? In reality bloodstone is non see through, green with red flecks/specks, not all red. Although, it does look pretty cool though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 05:19:50 AM »
lol at this point I'm just heart cutting everything. Heart cut emerald? Sure!

I mean, I could do transfiguration, but I don't... really... need that much money. I took one trip to China and came back with over a hundred thousand simoleons. So aside from getting promotions as a gardener I might as well just stop thinking about money entirely.

Agree on the bloodstone Lysita. A green stone with red flecks that glowed in the dark would be pretty awesome.

I had a couple of sun stones that I picked up somewhere, I assume around town. The only thing I've bought from a shop was one variety of mushroom that I hadn't found yet and my werewolf isn't good enough at hunting to find anything worth very much yet.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 08:05:58 AM »
EA! Why'd you have to go and change a perfectly good stone so much? In reality bloodstone is non see through, green with red flecks/specks, not all red. Although, it does look pretty cool though.

Maybe in the magical world of Sims a bloodstone is literally made of blood. :D  Also I google images searched bloodstones and while 99.9% were as you described that 0.1% where more red than green... so maybe EA based it off of the 0.1%?   That being said a glowing red stone is pretty awesome.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 12:19:40 PM »
At least they got the color of the sunstones right!  You find them in the high desert areas here in Oregon.  I think there is even a rainbow color in them.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline lunaura

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 01:18:15 PM »
Do you happen to have a picture of their uncut stage? Those would be neat to see as well.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 01:50:05 PM »
Do you happen to have a picture of their uncut stage? Those would be neat to see as well.

They look a lot like some of the other gems so it's hard to distinguish them.  In my game the bloodstone could just as easily be a ruby.  The sunstone was the only one who stood out because it was orange-ish.

Edit: Got a screenshot of all three of the uncut rocks.

Blue is the moonstone.  Orange is the sunstone.  Red is the bloodstone.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything