Author Topic: So, what's with this protection stuff?  (Read 46458 times)

Offline Corylea

• Townie
So, what's with this protection stuff?
« on: September 07, 2012, 08:43:41 PM »
My sims now have the option to ask another sim for protection or to promise to protect another sim.  Any idea what that's all about?  I haven't had anything dangerous happen to my sims, but then I tend to play nice sims who are kind to others. ;) 

I'm guessing that the protection is against supernatural sims -- zombie attacks and werewolf bites and so on -- but I haven't seen anything happen, so I'm just guessing.  Has anyone actually experienced any attacks and/or experienced having one sim protect another?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: So, what's with this protection stuff?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 10:12:31 PM »
I've not experienced actual protection, but one sim got a "someone to watch over me" moodlet, and the other a protector moodlet, both worth 10 points, I think. And the protected Sim has the option "Call for protector" when you click on him or her.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ficklemuse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:15:22 PM »
 My Sim was at the fairy arboretum during a full moon and zombies started popping out of the ground so my Sim called for her protector - they showed up and she was a zombie!  :-\ kinda defeating the whole protection thing!

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 11:17:09 PM »
My Sim was at the fairy arboretum during a full moon and zombies started popping out of the ground so my Sim called for her protector - they showed up and she was a zombie!  :-\ kinda defeating the whole protection thing!
Ha!  That's pretty funny.

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 12:19:25 AM »
Is this only a romantic interaction? Can a mother be a protector to her child, for instance?

Offline duham2

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 12:36:16 AM »
Is this only a romantic interaction? Can a mother be a protector to her child, for instance?

It is also a friendly interaction. My sim tried it on both of his twins. Just don't ask an evil sim for protection!

Offline Vegangeekgirl

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 03:39:37 AM »
I also used it when my Fairy Child was scared after she looked for monsters under her bed and found that there where indeed monsters. It took away the two negative moodlets she got from it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 09:00:24 PM »
I also used it when my Fairy Child was scared after she looked for monsters under her bed and found that there where indeed monsters. It took away the two negative moodlets she got from it.
They can look for monsters under their bed now?  :o
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 09:30:04 PM »
yes, kids can. One of my sims kids did it all the time autonomously. She ended up sleeping on the sofa most nights. But now I can use ask for protection!

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 11:48:46 PM »
They can look for monsters under their bed now?  :o

Not only can they look, but I've found that there are at least two different animations for when they find a monster there.
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Offline mermaidgirl47

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 12:23:57 AM »
I have a female fairy and a male vampire. I have her regularly ask him to protect her. Tonight, during their wedding, of all things, the first zombie attack happened since I got the game. They were together and just continued the ceremony and no one got attacked by the zombie even tho the 'Zombie attack!' alert showed up a couple of times. I think the interaction is romantic and useful!

Leto85

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 04:39:28 PM »
It is also a friendly interaction. My sim tried it on both of his twins. Just don't ask an evil sim for protection!

Because what will happen if you do? I thought Evil sims are tend to be better at fights than non Evil sims. This could be an advantage.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 04:20:06 AM »
Because they will most likely decline protecting you, and that will give their relationship a negative hit.

Offline Dltndav

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 06:36:15 PM »
Whever I have a sim ask another for protection it fails and they take a relationship hit, no matter how high the relationship is, anyone have any ideas why?

anything