Author Topic: Done the quest for the Philosopher's Stone but didn't receive it  (Read 4497 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Done the quest for the Philosopher's Stone but didn't receive it
« on: September 07, 2012, 10:57:03 PM »
I finished all the parts of the quest chain but after the last one I got a message about being a master alchemist but I didn't receive the Philosopher's Stone.
Has anyone else had this happen?
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Done the quest for the Philosopher's Stone but didn't receive it
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 11:13:29 PM »
It's not in your family inventory?  Did you have one already?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 11:15:24 PM »
I did the quest, and the Philosopher's Stone was in my family inventory, just as it was supposed to be.  I'm assuming an old Sims hand like yourself looked there.

Hmm.  The Philosopher's Stone is also a Lifetime Happiness reward, and it would be very easy to edit the file so that the cost of that reward was 1 point, while everything else was unchanged, if you really want the stone. 

I'm finding it not all that interesting, though.  It either makes ghosts members of your household or has a chance of turning a collectible item into a small bar of gold, and neither of those especially grabs me.  YMMV, of course.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 11:20:17 PM »
I did the quest, and the Philosopher's Stone was in my family inventory, just as it was supposed to be.  I'm assuming an old Sims hand like yourself looked there.

Hmm.  The Philosopher's Stone is also a Lifetime Happiness reward, and it would be very easy to edit the file so that the cost of that reward was 1 point, while everything else was unchanged, if you really want the stone. 

I'm finding it not all that interesting, though.  It either makes ghosts members of your household or has a chance of turning a collectible item into a small bar of gold, and neither of those especially grabs me.  YMMV, of course.

What's YMMV?  Please remember that unless it's an accepted acronym for the forum we prefer you spell everything out.   As for the stone itself, it has a chance to fail while you're turning something into a gold bar and turn you into a gold Sim instead.  The statue will be worth 50.000 and the Sim will be one of the new death colors.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 11:29:36 PM »
What's YMMV?  Please remember that unless it's an accepted acronym for the forum we prefer you spell everything out.
That stands for "Your Mileage May Vary," and it's an accepted acronym all over the internet. ;)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 11:35:20 PM »
Thanks, I just check his inventory I didn't think to check my family inventory. I don't know why I didn't think to check there for it. I didn't know it went there and didn't see a message telling me to check there.
Oh well, I got it tho. Thanks again.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 11:41:00 PM »
That stands for "Your Mileage May Vary," and it's an accepted acronym all over the internet. ;)

This forum isn't the internet has a whole.  Acronyms don't translate very well and we have a lot of members who do not use English as their primary language so we ask that members spell out everything.  It's rule #2 on the forum rules thread that you can find in my signature.

@Grimsoul - I'm glad you found it!  It never told me to look there either and I found it by chance when I was looking up something.  Of course, I was so excited about the EP I forgot to look for it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.