Author Topic: Help Please - Can't Complete Tournament  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Help Please - Can't Complete Tournament
« on: September 08, 2012, 10:11:32 PM »
I think this may be associated with the last patch, but am not certain.

I have been trying to complete the Tournament in China for the Dragons Cave challenge.

Unfortunatly my sim has called for the next contender who never shows up.  I have checked the houses in edit town mode and he does not exist so I cannot go to him and challenge.

This is the second time this has happened.  I started a new game (this one) after my last sim was stopped from completing the tournament in the same way.

Has anyone any idea how I can work around this?  Or if a workaround is even possible?  I have no mods and no CC.

SOLUTION - I'm sure others will have the same or similar problem, so:-
Call the sim again and copy down the exact name
Reset the sim (ie:- reset sim Li Hui Tsang)
Immediatelly call for next spar tournement contender.  Another sim should be offered.  I've no idea if the sim is gone completely, or if he will turn up again, but I now know to reset sim in the future.

Edit:-  I've checked all over Shang Simla and have found a character with a similar name, a performer (Showtime), but there is no way I can find to interact with her.   She does not come when invited over, and the character I need is not part of her househild either.  She does not have a home in the town, nor does the other performer, different name, that I have located in one of the campsites.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Help Please - Can't Complete Tournament
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 11:07:26 PM »
Is it possible that this character is one of the homeless Sims in a neighborhood?  Maybe she's a papparazzi, repair person or police officer?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 11:07:58 PM »
I'm moving this to the World Adventures board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 11:30:50 PM »
Ricalynn,

Yes, the character is definately one of the "homeless".  Probably a performer.  The problem is, I need to either get rid of him/her or bypass the character if I am going to be able to complete the Dragon's Cave.  This problem stopped my last character and I don't really want to start a third character.  I need a workround.  This problem appeared after the last patch and I am fairly certain that the patch has caused it.

Pam, that's why I posted in the main area, not here, sorry.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 11:48:10 PM »
I had the same problem. I had my Sim keep calling for the next opponent who never showed but after a few days the game replaced them with someone who did show up. It may just fix itself like it did for me so keep trying!  :)

Edit: Oh wait, this has been solved already so disregard my previous post. I did the same thing as you did, the reset and like you, the game offered me a new opponent. Glad to hear it got fixed for you too.  :)

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 07:58:15 PM »
Yeah, years later, here I am. I tried ResetSim Suchun Phua to get rid of this joke name that does not live in China, but sadly, that did not work. I had to keep calling Suchun Phua. You can see the name is like a joke. I'll come back tomorrow in my game and see if it resets. If not, well, my Sim can go back home and then travel later and try again. I have been successful completing the tournament and becoming a Grand Master with other sims, so it's just a glitch in this game, I guess.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 09:38:46 PM »
Hi Harmless, I just had the same thing happen and went to nraas and asked over there. My sim's opponent did show up, he suddenly became a paparazzi and I could not interact w/him. They recommended Register (one of  their mods there) to remove that role from him and I could also totally disable all role sims like paparazzi. If you do have Register, you click on a computer or city hall, nraas/register/global menu. Then you will see the option of removing the role from that sim.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.